2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to get excited about the Cubs start, but the collective record of the teams they have played is 13-25. The only teams they play that have a record over .500 are the Twinks and the White Sox (!) and that doesn't start until late August...

Sure, Mills and Chatwood look great against the Pirates and Royals, but how will the fare against the NL big boys?

Ugh...and that bullpen!

34 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'd like to get excited about the Cubs start, but the collective record of the teams they have played is 13-25. The only teams they play that have a record over .500 are the Twinks and the White Sox (!) and that doesn't start until late August...

Sure, Mills and Chatwood look great against the Pirates and Royals, but how will the fare against the NL big boys?

Ugh...and that bullpen!

I'm pretty upbeat and cautious at same time. Especially given the competition as you pointed out. I'm really impressed with 2 things. Starting pitching and seems like our batting average with risp is better than it's been in years. I told myself I'd be happy with 9-5 start and we should get the W part tonight. 

Hopefully our series vs Cardinals happens this weekend. I just wish Manfred would come out and tell everyone they'll need a week at end of season to make up all of these games. 7 innings or not....some of these teams could be playing plenty of back to back doubleheaders.

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Reds win 2rd in a row with a 3-2 against the Indians.  Bullpen actually pitched well tonight going 3 scoreless innings.

My best friend is an Indians fan, and he claims that the Reds and White Sox were glorified minor league teams.  I told him he is wrong.  Will talk to him tonight, and see what he thinks now!

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Idk how the Cardinals are going to be able to make up all these games with such a condensed season. Confirmed that two starters (Molina and DeJong) tested positive. 

Getting to a point where they will have to do back to back to back DH's....or if MLB had a brain delay start of postseason 1 week and use that time to make up all of the games that will have an impact on playoffs.

I sure hope Nick Castellanos sees enough of Great American Ballpark in this short season to know he does NOT want to opt out of his contract (which he has the option).  He's tied Aaron Judge for the MLB lead with his 6th home run tonight.  

David Bell has to be the worse manager in baseball and no one can convince that how managers manage today is good.  I don't care how many pitches a pitchers has thrown you don't take out a starter after 6 with a one hit shutout.  Mahle was pitching great a we take him out then the bullpen and defense is totally blowing the game.  Up 2-0 going into the 7th and then there was an error, 3 walks and infield hit that allowed 2 runs to tie the game.  Now in the 8th another bullpen guy just gave up a 2 run homer and now the Reds are down 4-2.

Also in the 7th Bell brought in strop and he did not have it and the middle of the Indians lineup was coming up and the top 4 hitters are all switch hitter.  They are a lot better hitting left handed so the smart thing to do is to bring in a lefty like Garrett yet he brought in Lucas Sims a right hander.

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

David Bell has to be the worse manager in baseball and no one can convince that how managers manage today is good.  I don't care how many pitches a pitchers has thrown you don't take out a starter after 6 with a one hit shutout.  Mahle was pitching great a we take him out then the bullpen and defense is totally blowing the game.  Up 2-0 going into the 7th and then there was an error, 3 walks and infield hit that allowed 2 runs to tie the game.  Now in the 8th another bullpen guy just gave up a 2 run homer and now the Reds are down 4-2.

Also in the 7th Bell brought in strop and he did not have it and the middle of the Indians lineup was coming up and the top 4 hitters are all switch hitter.  They are a lot better hitting left handed so the smart thing to do is to bring in a lefty like Garrett yet he brought in Lucas Sims a right hander.

Looked after 6 innings Mahle had 96 pitches and they took him out and the Indians pitcher Bieber after 6 had the same amount of pitches.  They kept Bieber in and he pitched into the 8th and left with the lead.  We take Mahle out after 6 and right away gave up the lead.

Also the last two days the Reds were supposed to be on MLB network but it was blackout here in the Indy area.  I have no idea why here it is blackout because Fox Ohio is not on our cable package. We get the reds game on Fox Indiana but the last two nights they showed the Pacers game and not the Reds.  So my question is why did they blackout the reds game on MB network.

33 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Also the last two days the Reds were supposed to be on MLB network but it was blackout here in the Indy area.  I have no idea why here it is blackout because Fox Ohio is not on our cable package. We get the reds game on Fox Indiana but the last two nights they showed the Pacers game and not the Reds.  So my question is why did they blackout the reds game on MB network.

I'd have a better chance of explaining how to split an atom.....vs telling you how Reds, Cubs, Cardinals, MLB, FoxSports, Marquis Network, ESPN,etc....all work together in a non baseball market. 

Very disappointed in the Reds offense this year and thought it would be a big strength. Besides Castellenos and some of Votto the others have not produced at all.  Moustakas early but he has been out a lot but players like Suarez and Winker has been horrible.  I have no idea why Bell keeps winker in the lineup because he is just  horrible and should have been let go last year.

Well the Reds lose 2-0 but they pitched well enough to win the game.  I think this is at least the 3rd time this year I remember the Reds giving up multiple runs in an inning with only giving up 1 hit in that inning.  A couple of games ago they gave up 3 runs on an error 3 walks and one hit.  Tonight they gave up both runs in the fifth while walking 3 and one hit.  The second run scored when a runner scored from 2nd base on a little dribbler to SS.

Archived