2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep and I agree but what's the alternative? They have minimally 8 games to make up as of now. Guess it will just have to a ton of DH's down the road but Manfred better be kidding when said winning % could determine playoffs. If that's the case I hope the Cubs all get corona and we take the rest of the season off because at 10-3 our winning % would win the division.

I say that half jokingly but half not. It's almost like a guy who runs a pool and doesn't announce how many spots he's going to payout until he figures out if he still has a chance to place in the $. All of this should have been planned for from beginning. As easy as saying 60 game schedule but if your team doesn't finish 50 decisions you aren't eligible.....anything would better to rear view mirror thinking that Manfred has perfected.

If you look at the standing right now they still have the Cardinals ahead of the Reds and 4 games out despite them only playing 5 games.  They are I think 2-3 and the Reds are 7-8 and are 4.5 games behind the 10-3 Cubs.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FritzIam4IU said:

He tore it up with the Cubs after they acquired him last season as well. He hit well at Wrigley and had .321 with 16 HRs and 36 RBIs in 212 at bats with Chicago...in other words I think he could do just fine at Wrigley as well...I am actually a little surprised Cubs didn't make more of a push for him last year.

Cubs OF is al ready crowded so they probably think they needed another OFer

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Cubs OF is al ready crowded so they probably think they needed another OFer

When you say "crowded" sure we have a lot of bodies...

But I'm not sure there's a one of our true outfielders that I wouldn't trade for Castellanos...

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

When you say "crowded" sure we have a lot of bodies...

But I'm not sure there's a one of our true outfielders that I wouldn't trade for Castellanos...

Exactly....and with pending Bryant contract coming up he could also be our 3B in the future. Either way I want Castellanos in a Cubs uniform next year or as quickly as he can get there.

Well David bell just blew another game on how he handles the bullpen.  Sonny Gray did not have his best stuff today but he battled through 5 innings on 90 pitches.  He came back into the 6th and gave up a run on 3 hits in the inning but what does bell do is bring in Lorenzen who had a 13.50ERA.  All he did was walk 3 and give up a hit without an out.  He took him out and bring in another reliver with over a 12.50 ERA and he gave up a two run single so they went from 2-1 lead to a 74-2 deficit.  If this team does not make the playoffs this year when half the teams make it then he needs to go.  His handling of the pitching staff is horrible because he takes guys out to soon when pitching well but seems to keep the ones who doe snot have it.

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

That's gotta be a record

😁

Well it seems like 74 but it is 7 but the inning is not over and they have the bases loaded.  I just don't know why Bell keeps putting Lorenzen and Reed out there because they both have been scored on every appearance this year.  Lorenzen looks like he is more worried about getting his biceps as big as possible instead of working on pitching.  to me it would seem the bigger your biceps the harder it is to pitch and have control.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That was more of the norm back then but a pitcher today can't go over 100 pitches in a game.  

I hated to post because of the timing given Bell but heard the stat and was shocked because at that time....relievers pitched 7th-9th every day too.

6 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Well the Yankees started the season like a house on fire, but have dropped 3 of 4 to the Rays this week-end.  ☹️

I think you will see a lot of up and down play by teams with having this shortened season.  Also where teams rely mainly on the homerun to score if you don't hit the homeruns then you will struggle offensively. 

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Man listening to Thom Brennaman doing ball game is like finger nails to the chalk board.  He has to be the worst announcer out there and he has to tp try to make even the most mundane things sound so important.

I can't stand him myself.  But FOX thinks highly of him for some reason.

So last couple weeks all of sports talk radio was filled with talk about how dumb Lou Williams was getting wings at Magic City. Airwaves were filled with unity, don't be dumb,etc...MLB players ever standing up and voicing the do the right thing mantra so situations like Marlins, Cardinals,etc....don't continue. 

So what does Zach Plesac do on Saturday after his win over White Sox? https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29629784/indians-send-zach-plesac-home-leaving-hotel-go-chicago

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

So last couple weeks all of sports talk radio was filled with talk about how dumb Lou Williams was getting wings at Magic City. Airwaves were filled with unity, don't be dumb,etc...MLB players ever standing up and voicing the do the right thing mantra so situations like Marlins, Cardinals,etc....don't continue. 

So what does Zach Plesac do on Saturday after his win over White Sox? https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29629784/indians-send-zach-plesac-home-leaving-hotel-go-chicago

Yep...

image.jpeg.c381bd1e4af1421481d525cbbdd8a4b2.jpeg

Gets better and better by the hour. Indians starter Clevinger flew back with team yesterday after spending a day defending Plesac in team meetings about him going out. Welp...he was defending him because he was out with him. Now he's quarantined as well. Cubs just might win this thing on stupidity of their opponents. How hard is it to do the right thing for 60 days???

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Gets better and better by the hour. Indians starter Clevinger flew back with team yesterday after spending a day defending Plesac in team meetings about him going out. Welp...he was defending him because he was out with him. Now he's quarantined as well. Cubs just might win this thing on stupidity of their opponents. How hard is it to do the right thing for 60 days???

You Can't Fix Stupid” – Deadly Superfungus Because Global Warming ...

Archived