2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

50 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not to derail too.much and not to be controversial but just making a statement about where our society is today. Not saying it's good or bad just different.  A man will lose his job and probably never work that industry again for making a very inappropriate comment on air, thousands of people across this country are looking and destroying property but private and public and are heralded by many. Very few have lost jobs due to these illegal activities.  Once again just a statement.

Someone, somewhere has to draw a line in the sand. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

S**t!! If the Yankees didn't have any bad luck they wouldn't have any luck at all!! Looks like the injury bug has reared its' ugly head and bit the the Yankees with a vengeance....

Last night Cole strikes out 10 in a 4-2 loss to the Rays as Britton coughs up the 2 winning runs and goes on the IL with a hammy.

Today, Gleyber Torres gets injured.

They already are without their top bats, Judge, Stanton, and DJ.

Can it get any worse??

Go Yanks

16 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

S**t!! If the Yankees didn't have any bad luck they wouldn't have any luck at all!! Looks like the injury bug has reared its' ugly head and bit the the Yankees with a vengeance....

Last night Cole strikes out 10 in a 4-2 loss to the Rays as Britton coughs up the 2 winning runs and goes on the IL with a hammy.

Can it get any worse??

Go Yanks

Yet your still winning

20 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Can it get any worse??

Go Yanks

Yes it could, they could be named the Reds, or Refs in @IU Scott case😀

59 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Can it get any worse??

Go Yanks

You whining again?  LOL

Watched the last few innings of the rays and Yankees and I am amazed how well the rays can do without any big name players.  The Rays and A's are teams with low payrolls and who have to keep replenishing their teams but keep winning.  Then my Reds can never really develop players from their system and have to go the route of trades and free agency but they just stay down.

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Can it get any worse??

Go Yanks

Darn. I get so focused on Cubs and NL Central I didn't realize. That sucks. Long term or just lingering stuff for those guys?

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Watched the last few innings of the rays and Yankees and I am amazed how well the rays can do without any big name players.  The Rays and A's are teams with low payrolls and who have to keep replenishing their teams but keep winning.  Then my Reds can never really develop players from their system and have to go the route of trades and free agency but they just stay down.

Always. Credit Maddon for the Rays still to this day but the A's have similar culture in their clubhouse. Amazing what playing with a chip on your shoulder does with professional players. 

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Always. Credit Maddon for the Rays still to this day but the A's have similar culture in their clubhouse. Amazing what playing with a chip on your shoulder does with professional players. 

The A's invented the system.

2 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

You bet, losing to the Rays is gettin'  old

Saw Paxton is having an MRI on his forearm.. Also heard that two Mets has tested positive so there game tonight at Miami is postponed and the game tomorrow against the Yankees is postponed as well.

Reds up 4-2 going to the bottom of the 9th but they have found another way to blow a game. They brought in their closer Inglesias who had not been great so in the first 4 batters we had a HBP, walk, a single to load the bases. Infield hit off of the pitcher to score a run then a ball to tie the game.  Finally took the closer out but it is tied but the bases is loaded with one out.

Well the Reds lost a game they had pretty much in control. The top of the 9th Reds Left the bases loaded so if they would have scored there it would probably be over.  Still wish the managers would keep in guys who were pitching well instead of having to put your closer in. Sims and Garrett pitched two great innings of relief striking out five of six batters.  Why not keep a guy in who you know is pitching well.  It is not like Iglesias has been a lights out closer the last couple of years.

6 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Well the Reds lost a game they had pretty much in control. The top of the 9th Reds Left the bases loaded so if they would have scored there it would probably be over.  Still wish the managers would keep in guys who were pitching well instead of having to put your closer in. Sims and Garrett pitched two great innings of relief striking out five of six batters.  Why not keep a guy in who you know is pitching well.  It is not like Iglesias has been a lights out closer the last couple of years.

Reds need to find a new closer.

Cubs/White Sox start up tonight. Sox building this one up...Cubs not so much. Lester, Hendricks, Darvish in that order for series. Obviously want to win series but I really want to see our bats come alive again. Our offense hasn't been clicking since series in Cleveland.

Always a fun one to watch. 

20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Cubs/White Sox start up tonight. Sox building this one up...Cubs not so much. Lester, Hendricks, Darvish in that order for series. Obviously want to win series but I really want to see our bats come alive again. Our offense hasn't been clicking since series in Cleveland.

Always a fun one to watch. 

I think inter-league play as a whole has lost its appeal...I always liked the mystique of the All Star game, and 2 teams that haven't seen each other on the playing field in the World Series...

But I'm just a grouchy old guy...

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I think inter-league play as a whole has lost its appeal...I always liked the mystique of the All Star game, and 2 teams that haven't seen each other on the playing field in the World Series...

But I'm just a grouchy old guy...

For the most part I'm the same. I do enjoy getting a chance to see AL teams in Wrigley from time to time. This Cubs/Sox series takes on a different level though....at least for the fans. Hard to describe but it's almost like 2 separate playoff series during the regular season. Sometimes I think it can work against both teams. 

26 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

For the most part I'm the same. I do enjoy getting a chance to see AL teams in Wrigley from time to time. This Cubs/Sox series takes on a different level though....at least for the fans. Hard to describe but it's almost like 2 separate playoff series during the regular season. Sometimes I think it can work against both teams. 

I went to a couple of "Crosstown Classic" games at both ballparks, and they were ok. Not the fervor of a Cubs/Cards matchup, but pretty good. 

At least their fans didn't beat up our 1st base coach 😁

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I went to a couple of "Crosstown Classic" games at both ballparks, and they were ok. Not the fervor of a Cubs/Cards matchup, but pretty good. 

At least their fans didn't beat up our 1st base coach 😁

Haha. The Ligue's! Such a great father/son White Sox fan moment!

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/big-league-stew/10-years-since-william-ligue-son-attacked-tom-172223277--mlb.html

Archived