2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I know we discussed on here many times about how baseball is played and how the shift is hurting the game.  They are having this discussion on the Reds board right now.  Most on there does not like how the offense is all home runs and walks or K's.  Also they feel that the shift has caused a lot of how batters approach hitting.  Instead of just hitting the other way batters are just trying to hit home runs or hit through the shift.

The last 32 innings the Reds have played they have scored only 6 runs and all of those runs came in 2 innings.  Friday they hit a grand slam for their 4 runs.  Saturday they were shutout and yesterday they hit a two run homer in the 1st and had not scored since. Tonight after 5 they are down 4-0.

Reds are a mystery so far. I wasn't ready to crown them as some were in the preseason. NL Central is tough and making the playoffs is hard enough but I also didn't see this struggle coming. Yesterday was start of 8 straight vs Brewers/Cubs. Time to get on a streak soon. Would prefer it though if you guys wait until after Cubs leave town.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Reds are a mystery so far. I wasn't ready to crown them as some were in the preseason. NL Central is tough and making the playoffs is hard enough but I also didn't see this struggle coming. Yesterday was start of 8 straight vs Brewers/Cubs. Time to get on a streak soon. Would prefer it though if you guys wait until after Cubs leave town.

My Reds really only have 2 bright spots this far......Sonny and Trevor.

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

What's up with Maddon and the Angels? 2nd to worst record in baseball, with Mike Trout struggling? 

I don't think they'd can him after a shortened season, but I can't believe upper management/ownership is happy with what they're seeing...

Joe will get them straightened out.

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

My Twins keep on keepin' on, tied with the A's for the second best record in baseball, only behind the Dodgers.

This with several regulars and two starting pitchers on the DL.

Go Twinkies!

As a Reds fan it just upsets me so much seeing teams like the twins and A,s compete and the Reds can't.  It all starts with the front office and their philosophies  and how they build their team.  The Reds scouting and player development has been horrible where those other teams build within  well.

7 hours ago, IUFLA said:

What's up with Maddon and the Angels? 2nd to worst record in baseball, with Mike Trout struggling? 

I don't think they'd can him after a shortened season, but I can't believe upper management/ownership is happy with what they're seeing...

From what I've been seeing just bad play. Maddon is as good as it gets in the game. Isn't a managerial problem there.

5 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

My Twins keep on keepin' on, tied with the A's for the second best record in baseball, only behind the Dodgers.

This with several regulars and two starting pitchers on the DL.

Go Twinkies!

I knew there was a Twins fan on here. Just couldn't remember which one. Multiple hedge bets with fans of other divisions this year. Just need your Twins to be 3 games ahead of white sox by end of regular season. I have my standard gift that keeps on giving with multiple Reds fans. This year they actually went straight up. So far so good. 

13 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Sitting here watching the Orioles and the Rays. 6 batters, 6 Ks. 

"Look what to they've done to my game, Ma."

The Glasnow kid does have a serious Yellow Hammer, and throws in the high 90s... 

Well the top of the 1st the Brewer's pitcher just struck out all 3 Reds batters on 11 pitches.

25 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I knew there was a Twins fan on here. Just couldn't remember which one. Multiple hedge bets with fans of other divisions this year. Just need your Twins to be 3 games ahead of white sox by end of regular season. I have my standard gift that keeps on giving with multiple Reds fans. This year they actually went straight up. So far so good. 

Glad I could help your gambling addiction... er... you’re distraction from everyday life 😂

40 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Sitting here watching the Orioles and the Rays. 6 batters, 6 Ks. 

"Look what to they've done to my game, Ma."

The Glasnow kid does have a serious Yellow Hammer, and throws in the high 90s... 

So far after two in the Reds game 8 of the 12 outs has been K's, 2 weak ground balls to third, a little dribbler out in front of the plate and a caught stealing.  There has not been a ball hit into the outfield.

Just saw another horrible Reds stat they have now went 45 innings without getting multiple hits in an inning.

Streak is over and Reds scored two runs on two hits.

Shift cost us a run because bit was an easy ground ball to second but the second baseman was so far out in the outfield the runner beat out the throw.   He came around to score on a Votto throwing error. 

Well just saw something I have never seen in a baseball game.  The Reds has the bases loaded and one out and Castellanos hits a hard single to right field but but got a force out at home.  Inning started out great getting the bases loaded and no outs and Votto struck out on a questionable 3-2 strike call and now a force out at home from the right fielder.  Now Winker pops up to second to end the inning ad only the Reds could be this bad.

I don't think the Cubs are a good team....but the NL Central keeps playing a game of how can we win one lose one vs each all year long to keep Cards, Reds, and Brewers sub .500...weird division so far. Cubs have maybe 2 to 2.5 bats in their lineup that creates concern. Amazing what starting pitching can do and cover up some mistakes. Not to mention a bullpen that has plagued the organization for 3 seasons.

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't think the Cubs are a good team....but the NL Central keeps playing a game of how can we win one lose one vs each all year long to keep Cards, Reds, and Brewers sub .500...weird division so far. Cubs have maybe 2 to 2.5 bats in their lineup that creates concern. Amazing what starting pitching can do and cover up some mistakes. Not to mention a bullpen that has plagued the organization for 3 seasons.

Funny before the season  people thought how good the NL Central was going to be.

23 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Funny before the season  people thought how good the NL Central was going to be.

Maybe a tad different. Cubs fans are ticked (at least the ones I know) because it looks like the same ho hum make the playoffs and get beat team. Can't speak for the Brewers or Cards. Both have recent success of getting in. Your Reds are a different story. Might be a wake up call to Reds fans. It's not easy to make the playoffs. 

The only guy who was hitting was Winker and since we had to shut down for the virus he has 4 hits in 8 games.  It appears that he is swinging for the fences and he has fallen over 2 or 4 times because he is swinging so hard.  Votto is 0-4 and struck out 4 times and 2 times looking and now he and Bell was just thrown out for arguing strikes.

Archived