2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw a staggering stat for the White Sox 

21-3 against the Royals, Tigers and Pirates

12-14 against the rest of the Central divisons

They have played great but pretty much built their record against horrible teams.

Also not a good stat for the Reds is that they have the toughest schedule to end the year and the Cardinals has the easiest.

33 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Jonathan Stiever for Hoosier is pitching for the White Sox against the Reds.  He gave up a sole homer to Castellanos in the first and probably went abut 450 feet.

Kind of feeling sorry for Stiever because he has not pitched above A ball and now is only making his second start in the majors.  He has givden up 3 solo homers and now just gave up a 3 run homer for a 6-0 Reds lead in the 3rd.  He is hanging a lot of breaking pitches or hos fastballs are coming back over the middle of the plate.

Daily playoff picture (thieved from ESPN)...This article explains where they'll play the games...

Best-of-three series, higher seed is home team

AMERICAN LEAGUE
No. 1 Rays* vs. No. 8 Blue Jays
No. 2 White Sox* vs. No. 7 Indians
No. 3 Athletics* vs. No. 6 Astros
No. 4 Yankees vs. No. 5 Twins

NATIONAL LEAGUE
No. 1 Dodgers* vs. No. 8 Reds
No. 2 Cubs vs. No. 7 Phillies
No. 3 Braves vs. No. 6 Cardinals
No. 4 Padres vs. No. 5 Marlins

*Clinched playoff spot

Magic numbers to clinch playoff spot

NL: Padres 4, Cubs 6, Braves 7

AL: Twins 1, Yankees 3, Indians 4

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Daily playoff picture (thieved from ESPN)...This article explains where they'll play the games...

Best-of-three series, higher seed is home team

AMERICAN LEAGUE
No. 1 Rays* vs. No. 8 Blue Jays
No. 2 White Sox* vs. No. 7 Indians
No. 3 Athletics* vs. No. 6 Astros
No. 4 Yankees vs. No. 5 Twins

NATIONAL LEAGUE
No. 1 Dodgers* vs. No. 8 Reds
No. 2 Cubs vs. No. 7 Phillies
No. 3 Braves vs. No. 6 Cardinals
No. 4 Padres vs. No. 5 Marlins

*Clinched playoff spot

Magic numbers to clinch playoff spot

NL: Padres 4, Cubs 6, Braves 7

AL: Twins 1, Yankees 3, Indians 4

Reds are 26-26 and Cardinals are 24-24 so both are .500 but Cardinals get the higher slot.  I guess it is because they have less losses so I hope we don't tie with them if they play less games.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds are 26-26 and Cardinals are 24-24 so both are .500 but Cardinals get the higher slot.  I guess it is because they have less losses so I hope we don't tie with them if they play less games.

The Cardinals won 6 of 10 versus the Reds so I'd say that's why they get the higher seed. 

This Reds game is a little frustrating because Reds has left 7 guys on base through 3 innings. It is 0-0 through 3 and has had Kuchel on the ropes every inning.  If it was still hot the Reds probably would have hit a cuple of homeruns but the ball is not carrying like it usually does.  Bauer is looking good so far tonight so I hope we don't waste another good outing by him.

Reds achilies heal is showing again and that is its offense.  They have struck out 9 times in 6 innings and 8 of those has been a called strike 3.  To me it is unexcusable to take 3rd strikes because you need to be swing the bat.  Saying that the ump behind the plate has been god awful tonight on both sides and is giving the pitchers like 6 inches outside.  Even the Fox national crew has talked how bad this ump is even though I think the announcers are normally the White Sox announcers.

Well Davids Bell must had given up on the game going to the 8th inning. Down 2-0  he just brought in there worst reliver in Stephenson.   He has faced 3 batters so far and given up 3 solo homeruns and now down 5-0.  The White Sox has hit 5 solo homeruns and of coarse Reds has not hit one so they can't score.

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Well Davids Bell must had given up on the game going to the 8th inning. Down 2-0  he just brought in there worst reliver in Stephenson.   He has faced 3 batters so far and given up 3 solo homeruns and now down 5-0.  The White Sox has hit 5 solo homeruns and of coarse Reds has not hit one so they can't score.

Time to start a new winning streak...

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Interesting move by Ross tonight. Pulled Schwarber in 3rd. Could be something or maybe not. He pulled Lester earlier this week after 62 pitches so maybe Ross is trying to set a tone as we head into October.

Can't believe the stat they just had on Bryant where he had only 5 RBI this year on 120 AB's

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Can't believe the stat they just had on Bryant where he had only 5 RBI this year on 120 AB's

I know it seems like I complain about our team and hitters...given we have a 4 game lead in our division.  This isn't a good team is all I got. Thank God for starting pitching because if we didn't have that....we'd be lucky to be 1-2 games under .500. Tops. 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I know it seems like I complain about our team and hitters...given we have a 4 game lead in our division.  This isn't a good team is all I got. Thank God for starting pitching because if we didn't have that....we'd be lucky to be 1-2 games under .500. Tops. 

Pretty much somes up the whole division.  If you think your hitters is bad just look at the Reds average.  Showed last night that the Reds ,212 average would be the lowest in MLB since 1910

Archived