2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

2 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I guess I'm one of the few AL guys here so, looks like the Yankees will be playing in October as they clinched a spot after Seattles' loss yesterday. 

Yanks survived a rough patch to do it so, Congrats to the boys in pinstripes!!

Steubby is a Twins fan and I am pretty sure Reacher roots for the White Sox.  

You ain't gonna be getting any love from them either!  LOL

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I guess I'm one of the few AL guys here so, looks like the Yankees will be playing in October as they clinched a spot after Seattles' loss yesterday. 

Yanks survived a rough patch to do it so, Congrats to the boys in pinstripes!!

I'm an AL fan.  I root for whichever AL team is playing the Yankees.  

Well the bottom of the second was a typical Reds inning. They had 2nd and 3rd a no outs and don't end up scoring.  Winker had a hard hit lin e drive that look like it would go down the 1st base line but it was right at the 1st baseman.  This is a big series against the Brewers and right now it is 0-0 in the top of the 3rd.

53 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds win 6-3 against the Brewers who we were tied with so a big win.  This is the first time since 5/14/17 that the Reds have been over .500 except for opeing day.  A total of 9 runs tonight and al of them were scored from homeruns.

40 months since a .500 record? I know I've taken some $ from my 2 Reds fans buddies but darn. Never realized it was that bad. Congrats on getting over the hump!!!

Best-of-three series, higher seed is home team

AMERICAN LEAGUE
No. 1 Rays* vs. No. 8 Blue Jays
No. 2 White Sox* vs. No. 7 Indians
No. 3 Athletics* vs. No. 6 Astros
No. 4 Twins* vs. No. 5 Yankees*

NATIONAL LEAGUE
No. 1 Dodgers* vs. No. 8 Phillies
No. 2 Cubs vs. No. 7 Reds
No. 3 Braves vs. No. 6 Cardinals
No. 4 Padres* vs. No. 5 Marlins

*Clinched playoff spot

Magic numbers to clinch playoff spot

NL: Braves 2, Cubs 2, Marlins 6

AL: Indians 1, Blue Jays 3, Astros 4

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Best-of-three series, higher seed is home team

AMERICAN LEAGUE
No. 1 Rays* vs. No. 8 Blue Jays
No. 2 White Sox* vs. No. 7 Indians
No. 3 Athletics* vs. No. 6 Astros
No. 4 Twins* vs. No. 5 Yankees*

NATIONAL LEAGUE
No. 1 Dodgers* vs. No. 8 Phillies
No. 2 Cubs vs. No. 7 Reds
No. 3 Braves vs. No. 6 Cardinals
No. 4 Padres* vs. No. 5 Marlins

*Clinched playoff spot

Magic numbers to clinch playoff spot

NL: Braves 2, Cubs 2, Marlins 6

AL: Indians 1, Blue Jays 3, Astros 4

Just saw the highlighted portion this morning. Would make for some fun times on here!

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Haha. Here's my trash talk about the Reds. I haven't thought nor worried about the Reds in a long time. I worry only about the Cubs and our inconsistencies at the plate. Would be a fun series though! 

Well the two teams have never met in the play-offs so it would be a history maker.  Albeit in a strange year.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Well the two teams have never met in the play-offs so it would be a history maker.  Albeit in a strange year.

Would be fun for sure! I haven't broke down all the scenarios but it seems like Reds/Cardinals are 2/3 or vice versa. Any chances for those 2 moving out of those spots or pretty locked in?

16 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Bryant leaves game for Cubs. Didn't think I would type this. Might not be bad given his production. Something is obvious off this year.

I still can't believe they didn't trade him during off season. I have a feeling they are going to regret that big time...his value is not going to be that high after this season with they way he has played this season.

4 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I still can't believe they didn't trade him during off season. I have a feeling they are going to regret that big time...his value is not going to be that high after this season with they way he has played this season.

I was on the fence about trading vs not. It's hard to imagine moving a perennial All Star (based on results for his career).

Only move now is to give him the off season to get healthy and see what happens first half of next season. If arrow is pointing up you can move him....or if arrow is pointing up try to work a discounted deal out. Something is obviously wrong health wise. You don't have the numbers he had and have this. 

Archived