2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of American League. Angels and new skipper Joe Maddon are only 2.5 out of WC with 3 to go vs Dodgers. Will be curious to see if Dodgers laydown this weekend and rest some guys and in the process Angels could slide in and Astros be sent packing. Houston has 4 at Rangers. Just something to keep an eye on.

Angels got off to such a bad start it's a miracle they are in this position. If it was a regular season no doubt Angels would be playoff bound in year 1 under Joe.

18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Speaking of American League. Angels and new skipper Joe Maddon are only 2.5 out of WC with 3 to go vs Dodgers. Will be curious to see if Dodgers laydown this weekend and rest some guys and in the process Angels could slide in and Astros be sent packing. Houston has 4 at Rangers. Just something to keep an eye on.

Angels got off to such a bad start it's a miracle they are in this position. If it was a regular season no doubt Angels would be playoff bound in year 1 under Joe.

I don't know about that 2nd paragraph at all.

36 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

17 minutes ago, rico said:

I don't know about that 2nd paragraph at all.

Yeah, not with that pitching...23rd in ERA...Bundy is doing pretty well, but their bullpen isn't cutting it...

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah, not with that pitching...23rd in ERA...Bundy is doing pretty well, but their bullpen isn't cutting it...

In normal years I think the bullpen would have been addressed. Either way year 1. Not a bad start to a tenure that will undoubtedly get better roster and pitching. Joe will win and win big....just like he has every other stop he's made.

Saw some of the Cubs?pirates game and it just seem slike everyone in the Central is in the same spot.  they pretty much all struggle hitting the ball and have good pitching.  I just wonder looking at all of baseball and se ehitting is pretty bad across baseball if this strange season has anything to do with it.  Even guys who are normally very good hitters is hitting in the low .200 Yelich with the brewers.

Also I see the Reds are 3 back of the Cubs with 3 to go so I was wondering who has the tie breaker.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Saw some of the Cubs?pirates game and it just seem slike everyone in the Central is in the same spot.  they pretty much all struggle hitting the ball and have good pitching.  I just wonder looking at all of baseball and se ehitting is pretty bad across baseball if this strange season has anything to do with it.  Even guys who are normally very good hitters is hitting in the low .200 Yelich with the brewers.

Also I see the Reds are 3 back of the Cubs with 3 to go so I was wondering who has the tie breaker.

I just started looking at scenarios because I thought at the minimum the Cubs would split vs Pirates. Assuming the Cubs get swept by the White Sox this weekend...Reds would have to sweep Twins. Cubs have 6-4 over Reds, I know 5-5 vs Cards, and 6-5 over Brewers I believe. 

Cubs can win central by winning a game this weekend or if that doesn't happen not having either Cards win 4 of 5 or Brewers sweeping Cardinals or.....Reds sweeping Twins.

I think that's right. Either way. Pirates just had their longest winning streak of season!

49 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Cubs and September slump seem to be a yearly trend...

Hibernation coming early again...

It's tough but we've got the shoulders to handle it. Here's my thing. I was a kid when it happened so I can't relate....but when 85 Bears came along and won people were thinking multiple titles. When we won in 2016 and had guys under contract for 5 years we all thought multiple titles.....such a similar feeling. A team that should win multiple and we have one glorious season to show for it. 

With that said. I'll be fired up for the Sox. They seemed to get ahead of themselves a bit too. 

10 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yadi just got his 2,000th hit. Sucks it wasn’t in front of the home crowd but still a huge accomplishment. Can’t wait for him to be in the HOF. 

Oh for Chrissakes I wish they'd just vote him in tomorrow so I wouldn't have to hear it any more...

:D

1 minute ago, rico said:

Gonna be a great week-end for baseball fans.

Hope so! Tons of intriguing matchups and scenarios. Just hoping Yu can save us tonight. Ross has staff setup next week starting Tuesday as well with Hendricks, Yu, Lester going in our 3 game set. 

Selfishly I hope the Cubs take care of business tonight because it will be full throttle football Saturday and Sunday...

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Hope so! Tons of intriguing matchups and scenarios. Just hoping Yu can save us tonight. Ross has staff setup next week starting Tuesday as well with Hendricks, Yu, Lester going in our 3 game set. 

Selfishly I hope the Cubs take care of business tonight because it will be full throttle football Saturday and Sunday...

Got that "September Swoon" on ice?

1 minute ago, rico said:

Got that "September Swoon" on ice?

Like Joe said lose for 30 and move on.

I'm done with *&^&%^&&*&%$$$%$^&&***((*(( Pirates series and our &%$^&&^#*#**(# players non-hitting ways. Time to go for tonight. White Sox need a win badly too. Got the free trial run all locked and loaded for tonight already as well. 

Archived