2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to remember this one tonight. 10-Sox .....Cubs win but I think they might have inadvertently lit something under the guys. Time will tell. Thanks to Darvish for the 7 innings no runs 3 hits....and I'm thinking the sox might have charged this team up a bit after the hbp on Contreras after he threw his bat 90 feet into the beautiful air.

Just now, 5fouls said:

Reds clinch playoff spot.  Anything but the 8 seed.

Bring on the Dodgers and how Kershaw had pitched in the playoffs we might have a good chance with our starting rotation.  I actually hope we don't get another Central division team because nI am wanting to play someone new.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Bring on the Dodgers and how Kershaw had pitched in the playoffs we might have a good chance with our starting rotation.  I actually hope we don't get another Central division team because nI am wanting to play someone new.

The Dodgers pitching against the Reds hitting.  That could get ugly.  

Plenty of fireworks last night in Cubs game. I'm sure the old school fans will have a problem with what Contreras did a couple of times....but he's just returning the bat flip favor to White Sox Tim Anderson.

Cubs bullpen also joined in the fray later in game too....when Caratini's HR landed just over fence one of the guys jumped on and clung to the fence talking at White Sox.

Cubs magic number is 1. Yu Darvish finishes season at 8-3 with 2.01 ERA. Have to believe he or Bauer gets Cy Young.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Plenty of fireworks last night in Cubs game. I'm sure the old school fans will have a problem with what Contreras did a couple of times....but he's just returning the bat flip favor to White Sox Tim Anderson.

Cubs bullpen also joined in the fray later in game too....when Caratini's HR landed just over fence one of the guys jumped on and clung to the fence talking at White Sox.

Cubs magic number is 1. Yu Darvish finishes season at 8-3 with 2.01 ERA. Have to believe he or Bauer gets Cy Young.

Some bad blood between these two teams.  Would be great to have Sox v. Cubs WS. 

45 minutes ago, slojoe said:

Some bad blood between these two teams.  Would be great to have Sox v. Cubs WS. 

That'd be nice, but not having a true crosstown Chicago series would take some of the luster off of it . Don't care who the Cubs face, just get there and let the chips fall where they may.

23 minutes ago, rico said:

Beg your pardon.  Indians v. Reds

I'd have to go with the team that's on the longest World Series win drought (1948).

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Well if that happen 30 years ago I guarantee the next time Contreas was up he would get plunked

20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

He got plunked last night. He knew it was coming and I can guarantee after Ross comments earlier this week....someone is getting plunked as well for them. 

I have no problem with the bat flip and I don't have a problem with the pitcher hitting him as well.  Itis part of baseball and if you want to show people up be ready for some consequneces. 

Archived