No. 3 Cubs vs. No. 6 Marlins
No. 4 Padres vs. No. 5 Cardinals

AL Rays, A's, Astros, Yankees

NL Dodgers, Braves, Marlins, Padres

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, rico said:

Well I see Maddon had such a good year with the Angels that they fired the GM.

Assuming there's a joke in there somewhere. Haha. Eppler thought hiring Maddon would save his job. 5 years of inept signings couldn't help him any longer. I expect Maddon to get his guy in there....but firing Eppler was widely expected since July. It's like if the Reds didn't have the expanded playoffs this year and didn't make it....someone over there probably would be on the unemployment line this morning too.

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Assuming there's a joke in there somewhere. Haha. Eppler thought hiring Maddon would save his job. 5 years of inept signings couldn't help him any longer. I expect Maddon to get his guy in there....but firing Eppler was widely expected since July. It's like if the Reds didn't have the expanded playoffs this year and didn't make it....someone over there probably would be on the unemployment line this morning too.

Meh, I don't think Eppler is the one that signed Trout and Pujols to the contracts they have.

And as far as the Reds and the expanded playoffs.  Cubs fans better thank their lucky stars this was a shortened season.

43 minutes ago, rico said:

Meh, I don't think Eppler is the one that signed Trout and Pujols to the contracts they have.

And as far as the Reds and the expanded playoffs.  Cubs fans better thank their lucky stars this was a shortened season.

No argument on the Cub portion of your post from me. We've been on here saying it all season long....how this team won the division again is beyond comprehension. 

Now the 2nd season starts. Everyone starts at ground zero. It's funny that the two teams who were getting lit up because of Covid (Cardinals and Marlins) both made the playoffs too!

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

No argument on the Cub portion of your post from me. We've been on here saying it all season long....how this team won the division again is beyond comprehension. 

Now the 2nd season starts. Everyone starts at ground zero. It's funny that the two teams who were getting lit up because of Covid (Cardinals and Marlins) both made the playoffs too!

Well, I would say that the shortened season has a lot of teams in the playoffs that otherwise wouldn't be there.  

23 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He should win but Darvich plays for the Cubs aand the media loves the team.  Also it is a big market against a small market thing as well.

I'd say this. Cubs fans love the Cubs....the rest of the country hates the Cubs because of Cubs fans. I don't think the media or market size will play a factor in this one at all. Bauer was phenomenal this year. So was Darvish. One team won the division. The other didn't. That has to be a factor. 

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'd say this. Cubs fans love the Cubs....the rest of the country hates the Cubs because of Cubs fans. I don't think the media or market size will play a factor in this one at all. Bauer was phenomenal this year. So was Darvish. One team won the division. The other didn't. That has to be a factor. 

Bauer would have had at least 2 or maybe 3 more wins if the bullpen had not blew games early in the year.

25 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

How many Cy Youngs does deGrom have?

Just now, rico said:

How many division titles?

Oh no....I see the path you were trying to go down. Just didn't take the bait.

Reasons cited for losing a Cy Young have to do with size of city, media market so far.....I guess Scherzer in the poor little town of Mayberry/Washington D.C.  should really have a reason to be upset. 

Bauer is the NL Cy Young winner guys. The only thing that Darvish gets the nod is in wins and that is the least noted stats that voters use. That stopped with Felix Hernandez and Jacob Degrom in recent years. Also the whole winning the division doesn't matter either. IT'S AN INDIVIDUAL AWARD. 

Archived