2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Braves with 1st and 3rd and one out in th e13th and the braves best hitter in freeman is coming up.  we should walk him to load the bases but Bell is bringing in Garrett to face him.  I bet the game will be over soon because I don't trust Garrett in this kiond of situation.

I was right with Freeman getting the walk off single. We had a righty in and if he would just had walked Freeman to load the bases then he could had faced Ozuna who was 0-5 today and 3K's.  Instead he brings in a lefty and brings in 5 infielders to cut off the run at home.  Bell is just not a great manager and he over analyzies to much and tries to be the smartest man in the room.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

That Reds game was deflating to say the least.  Chance after chance left on the table,  Meanwhile, the Braves capitalize on the first chance they get.

What manager besides Bell would have pitched to Freeman in that situation.  Anyone with a brain would not let the possible MVP of the league beat you there.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

What manager besides Bell would have pitched to Freeman in that situation.  Anyone with a brain would not let the possible MVP of the league beat you there.

If we received the same pitching performances, and I was manager, the guys in Red win this game.  

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Yes. Correct I meant losses. Of course....

As a reds fan I did not think it could get worse than getting no hit in the playoffs by Halladay against the Phillies.  There was also the series against the giants where in a best of 5 series the Reds blew a 2-0 lead.  today is by far the worse one to take because they had ample opportunities to score and held the Braves down.  Your pitchers pitch 12.1 innings and only give up 6 hits and 1 run you should win that game.

Just now, 5fouls said:

If we received the same pitching performances, and I was manager, the guys in Red win this game.  

From the stupid double steal to all of his inch hitting earlier in the game came back to haunt us.  In the 13th inning with the bases loaded we were stuck with having Aquino and Garcia to win the game.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

From the stupid double steal to all of his inch hitting earlier in the game came back to haunt us.  In the 13th inning with the bases loaded we were stuck with having Aquino and Garcia to win the game.

Taking Winker out for the pinch runner was the dumbest thing.  Would have loved to have Winkers bat instead of Garcia in the last inning.  

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Taking Winker out for the pinch runner was the dumbest thing.  Would have loved to have Winkers bat instead of Garcia in the last inning.  

I am so pissed I am thinking about flying down to the ATL and kick Bell's stupid ass.  Where is Davey Johnson when I need him?

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

No it probably won't happen because they made the playoffs but I would still like to see a change in manager.  Also last year they brought in a ne wperson to over see all of their organization pitching.  This year they have make a total change on thier hitting philosophy  because what they are doing now is n ot working.  It is homerun and walks and nothing else with htis team.  The Reds major problem starts at the top with scouting and player development and the type of hitters they bring in.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

th.Elimination Day Thursday. I know as fans we go down the negative hole quickly...but Darvish better avoid the early trouble tomorrow because this offense of the Cubs looks like 3 runs max. 

Wouldn't want to play the Marlins in the playoffs since they have never lost a series.  Don't you have confidence in the Cubs to score or mre runs in the 9th

Just now, Seeking6 said:

FYI....Marlins made 168 transactions this season and Donnie Baseball have Marlins looking chippy. Might have lost Marte to a pitch late. 

When i turned the game on it was after Marte was going to the locker room so what happen.  Was it just a normal pitch that got away.

Archived