Gator bowl post game

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot think of a more deflating and disappointing way to end what was a pretty good season....but if that was not the ol' typical IU way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, I don't know what else would be.

Our game management was questionable at best.  Feel we squandered a big opportunity there.

How were they not prepared and have players ready for an on side kick.  I could see how UT was lined up nd how the kicker was looking they were looking for the on side kick.  Also the play call when we were up 19-9 and inside the 25 and 1st and 10 and tried that reverse that lost 7 yards killed the momentum.  A TD there and the game is probably over.

Just now, bobtcat2 said:

I hope the staff is held accountable for the egregious timeout usage, prevent defense, and not being prepared for the possibility of an onside kick.  The players deserve better than this shoddy effort they got from the coaching staff tonight.

How would you suggest to hold them accountable fire the whole staff.

3 minutes ago, bobtcat2 said:

I hope the staff is held accountable for the egregious timeout usage, prevent defense, and not being prepared for the possibility of an onside kick.  The players deserve better than this shoddy effort they got from the coaching staff tonight.

And, I hope, if you are an IU fan, you find it in your heart to post when things go well.  And, if you are not really an IU fan, I hope you grow up and realize how childish trolling actually is.

Great season but a disappointing way to finish the year.  For us to get to another level we have to get some pass rushers and  better D lineman that is good against the run.  Also we need to get better on the o-line and get some road graders who can open up some holes for the run game.  If we could have ran the ball better early in the 4 quarter we could have ran more of the clock out.

2 minutes ago, Indykev said:

How with 4 mins to play do you not have your hands team on the field. Bad high coaches even know this. These kids busted their ass for a coach that doesnt know when to call timeout.

Not sure if you left the word 'school' out on purpose or not.

Love Tom Allen, but a lot of this has to fall on the coaching staff for this game. The end of the first half was horrible. And not even being remotely ready for the possibility of an onside kick there was horrible. Yeah it’s great to play in a good bowl and be close but that should have been a W. What a kick in the nuts. Just brutal to lose on completely ridiculous errors. 

Archived