Gator bowl post game

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good season overall even with the heartbreak of tonight's loss. I hope this team feels it and uses it as motivation for next year to win these close games like UT, PSU and MSU. 

Coaches need to go back and watch this game and get better with clock and game management. Definitely should have been a win, but I still believe that CTA is the key to lead this team. 

There's a ton of $%! + that could be second guessed, but it'd be just that: $%! +. Bottom line: every coach on IUs staff is 20x the coach I'll ever be, so instead, I'll just say thank you.

Thank you for leading us to 8 wins for the first time in 20+ years.

Thanks for putting together a team that plays hard, busts their collective asses and doesn't quit until the final horn. Bonus that they're really entertaining to watch.

And this can't be stated loudly enough. Thanks for giving this program real hope for the first time in 13 years. Thanks for loving IU football as much as us.

#9wIndiana2020 #leo

1 hour ago, GrangerHoosier said:

Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Seriously how many times is a surprise onside kick successfully executed?

I'd guess the success rate is infinitely higher when the only players on the receiving team capable of fielding it are all facing the other way. 

The only good thing I can take away from this game is that there were some very teachable moments for Allen.  He isn't a coach who has an ego so big he is unwilling to change.  Hopefully in the future we don't see such conservative play calling late, he works on his use of timeouts, and when it doubt, send the hands team out.

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

The only good thing I can take away from this game is that there were some very teachable moments for Allen.  He isn't a coach who has an ego so big he is unwilling to change.  Hopefully in the future we don't see such conservative play calling late, he works on his use of timeouts, and when it doubt, send the hands team out.

If there's ever been a coach that would, it's Tom Allen.

I'm just glad for the following:

1.  To be playing in Florida Bowl at all

2.  That we didn't embarrass ourselves by being blown out 

3.  Coaches use this as a learning experience

4.  Players use this as a motivational experience

5.  Recruiting improves as result of this experience

6.  Let us not forget that we did this without Scott, Penix, Bedford just coming back, and Hendershot injury.

I'm proud of the team, CTA, and all the players for this season.  Hope it's preview of coming attractions!

1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

If there's ever been a coach that would, it's Tom Allen.

As bad as we all feel, I'm sure Allen feels 10 times worse.  The part I like about Allen is that I'm sure he feels bad because he thinks he let his guys down.  He wants to get better for other people, and that is something that is really powerful.

4 minutes ago, FWIUFan said:

I'm just glad for the following:

1.  To be playing in Florida Bowl at all

2.  That we didn't embarrass ourselves by being blown out 

3.  Coaches use this as a learning experience

4.  Players use this as a motivational experience

5.  Recruiting improves as result of this experience

6.  Let us not forget that we did this without Scott, Penix, Bedford just coming back, and Hendershot injury.

I'm proud of the team, CTA, and all the players for this season.  Hope it's preview of coming attractions!

We were also without Cronk, Hale, and Stepaniak.

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

As bad as we all feel, I'm sure Allen feels 10 times worse.  The part I like about Allen is that I'm sure he feels bad because he thinks he let his guys down.  He wants to get better for other people, and that is something that is really powerful.

I don't care what mistakes got made. IU is still really, really lucky to have Allen as coach. This isn't our last bowl game under him...not by a long shot.

9 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I don't care what mistakes got made. IU is still really, really lucky to have Allen as coach. This isn't our last bowl game under him...not by a long shot.

Oh I agree.  I'm just saying that I'm confident we won't keep seeing the same mistakes over and over again with him.  I'm still as excited as ever to have him as our coach.  I don't see us missing bowl games very often, if at all in the near future.

3 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Oh I agree.  I'm just saying that I'm confident we won't keep seeing the same mistakes over and over again with him.  I'm still as excited as ever to have him as our coach.  I don't see us missing bowl games very often, if at all in the near future.

It's Indiana football. We're going to need a B10 title or two before a stretch (hypothetically) like 8-4, 5-7, 7-5, 8-4 is considered unacceptable.

This one hurts we had this thing one...except I knew missing that PAT would come back to bite us. Coaching staff completely blew it with not being prepared for that onside kick. Good year. Tough way to end it...we are trending in the right direction. Need to learn how to close out these games with a win instead of giving them away...

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

I hope that means we'll be seeing him in crimson come fall.

I remember Ramsey talking with Fischer in a pre game interview this year that he is committed to sticking it out. Now, they are just kids that can change their minds on a dime but I get the impression Ramsey is here until the end. I sure hope so anyway. 

Archived