Gator bowl post game

To change course of discussion, my Dad and I drove down for this game, and we both agreed that even though it was a heartbreaking loss, it was definitely worth it.

It's possibly the most electric football crowd I've ever been a part of.  All the Tennessee fans around us were good natured, and everyone seemed to really get along well.  Maybe it's a bowl thing, but it was a really positive experience.

The IU crowd was great, and we had some extremely loud chants going.  

Rocky Top is definitely on the top ten list of most annoying college fight songs (enough with the woo'ing already!), but I'm definitely looking forward to the day where IU has the rich football tradition that Tennessee does.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, rogue3542 said:

To change course of discussion, my Dad and I drove down for this game, and we both agreed that even though it was a heartbreaking loss, it was definitely worth it.

It's possibly the most electric football crowd I've ever been a part of.  All the Tennessee fans around us were good natured, and everyone seemed to really get along well.  Maybe it's a bowl thing, but it was a really positive experience.

The IU crowd was great, and we had some extremely loud chants going.  

Rocky Top is definitely on the top ten list of most annoying college fight songs (enough with the woo'ing already!), but I'm definitely looking forward to the day where IU has the rich football tradition that Tennessee does.

I loved the experience as well. Go to a game in Knoxville one time.. you wont be disappointed. 

Only bad part of the trip was the lines at the stadium and the wrecks in ATL on the way home lol

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I loved the experience as well. Go to a game in Knoxville one time.. you wont be disappointed. 

Only bad part of the trip was the lines at the stadium and the wrecks in ATL on the way home lol

We went Indy -> Cincinnati -> Lexington -> Asheville -> Savannah -> Jacksonville.  It's only 20 minutes longer total, but it avoids ATL, which can add hours if there's traffic (there usually is).

Ironically, that route took us right through/near Rocky Top, and the mountain views on that route are great.

4 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

We went Indy -> Cincinnati -> Lexington -> Asheville -> Savannah -> Jacksonville.  It's only 20 minutes longer total, but it avoids ATL, which can add hours if there's traffic (there usually is).

Ironically, that route took us right through/near Rocky Top, and the mountain views on that route are great.

I live an hour south of Indy or I would have went that way. 1.5 hrs longer for me that way. What section were you in?

I was up in 241. 

I completely agree on Rocky Top being extremely annoying. It got old fast. 

It was my first game away from Memorial Stadium and it was the most fun I’ve ever had at a game followed directly by the most mad/frustrated I’ve ever been at a game. 

I like the group coming back. I think the priorities in the offseason need to be getting the right OC and getting Ramsey to come back. 

12 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

I was up in 241. 

I completely agree on Rocky Top being extremely annoying. It got old fast. 

It was my first game away from Memorial Stadium and it was the most fun I’ve ever had at a game followed directly by the most mad/frustrated I’ve ever been at a game. 

I like the group coming back. I think the priorities in the offseason need to be getting the right OC and getting Ramsey to come back. 

Rocky Top was just as bad on TV.  I was over it in the first Half, 🤮

That was a sweetheart of a bounce on the onside kick. Right in the breadbasket somewhere between 9.5 and 10.25 yards. There's a certain degree of luck in an onside (the kick requires some skill, but predicting how a football will bounce is as inexact a science as there is).

27 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

That was a sweetheart of a bounce on the onside kick. Right in the breadbasket somewhere between 9.5 and 10.25 yards. There's a certain degree of luck in an onside (the kick requires some skill, but predicting how a football will bounce is as inexact a science as there is).

Yeppppp. 

If we have the leadership and humility I think we do.. this will be a good thing for us in the long run. 

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Spoke to some members of CTA's family this week, and he is more eager and more hungry than ever. I am very pleased with the future of our program. 

Thanks for the information. Watching his press conference after the game he definitely wasn’t satisfied with just making a bowl. I believe the man is humble enough to make adjustments (he brought in DeBoer) to put IU in a position to succeed.

Archived