Maryland game thread.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Some mod tell me why this guy can’t be banned? He’s acting like a snide, sarcastic little $&#@ EVERYTIME he posts. He adds nothing and has no intentions to do so.

why can’t he be banned?

Same reason you aren't banned for attacking people personally and posting nothing but incredible sunshine about the direction of the program maybe?

1 minute ago, addictedtoIU said:

Can't wait these Crean recruits graduate or move on. We got one more year to go after this season. I strongly believe Archie wouldn't recruit them if he had a choice. 

Maybe it’s just me but after three years you would think that Archie could have done something with Durham and Smith (that he had to convince to keep their commitment) as they did not play or practice a second for Crean. 

2 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

You don’t think Archie deserves more time to establish his style with HIS players? Every upperclassman we have is a Crean recruit (minus Brunk who is somewhat productive). You can’t win with DD, DG, AD and JS as your leaders. Sorry! My big question is, why is DG a team captain? Kid RARELY makes good decisions. Is that what we want our underclassmen learning from? Archie is in a real tough spot from a personnel perspective. The next two classes are key for us. If we see the same crap two years from now, then yes, move on.

In all candor, how many years would you give him?  If they miss NCAA in 2020, 2021, and 2022, has he had enough time to prove himself?  I think he's had enough time after this season.  7-13 in the Big Ten in the third year would not be fantastic.

1 minute ago, kyhoosier29 said:

You don’t think Archie deserves more time to establish his style with HIS players? Every upperclassman we have is a Crean recruit (minus Brunk who is somewhat productive). You can’t win with DD, DG, AD and JS as your leaders. Sorry! My big question is, why is DG a team captain? Kid RARELY makes good decisions. Is that what we want our underclassmen learning from? Archie is in a real tough spot from a personnel perspective. The next two classes are key for us. If we see the same crap two years from now, then yes, move on.

The problem is that Archie continues to play them a ton and by doing so, the excuse that they are Creans recruits isn’t valid.  No matter how you look at it, Archie isn’t getting the job done. 

I think that is the source of my frustration- that this is a very winnable game, and that it’s possible, in March, losing these kinds of games can keep you out of the tournament. Also, it always seems like the other team has a little more heart, always wants it more.

2 minutes ago, bobtcat2 said:

In all candor, how many years would you give him?  If they miss NCAA in 2020, 2021, and 2022, has he had enough time to prove himself?  I think he's had enough time after this season.  7-13 in the Big Ten in the third year would not be fantastic.

Did you read all of my post? If you think this year should be his last, knowing that he wasn’t allowed to clean house when he came in, then I’m thrilled you’re not IU’s AD. Bc we would never figure it out. Can’t switch coaches yearly. This isn’t professional sports.

1 minute ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Fine line he’s trying to juggle. He evidently feels putting up with their shortfalls gives us a better chance to win as opposed to playing with six guys and benching all of them.

Then his judgement is bad too.  How long or how many games does he need to see that the guys he seems to be relying on are not the answer?  If he keeps sticking with them, he is going to lose his job

Archived