Maryland game thread.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

What's the line about a Texas hail storm. Nowhere to run or hide. I can't see a coach playing vs us the rest of the year who won't just pack it in and say please......shoot. I mean Mark Turgeon is telling his team that. 

True.  No need to even scout our team.  Something's gotta give.  Northwestern's up next  @home.   Talk about a must win.  We lose and we could end up beating the 12 game losing streak from last year.   

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With this coach and a few of these players, performances like this have become expected.  There really isn’t optimism any more.  You know exactly what you are going to get and it isn’t good.  IU is becoming, if they aren’t there already, a perineal bottom feeder in the Big 10

5 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

Whatever....Playing Al Durham in front of him is ridiculous and can’t be sitting well with Rob

Its not whatever.  I would prefer Rob over Al as well, but he hasnt shown anything to really warrant it.  He was good until his concussion early last year.  Im starting to wonder if this is who is , and the beginning of his freshman season was a fluke.

If "losing him" means Robs pouting, then he can stay on the bench

Just now, BGleas said:

You guys know I’m typically patient and try to keep it even keel, but I just don’t see where this team gets better? I don’t see how a team that struggled to beat Nebraska at home, has been blown out in its only two road games, and has nobody, not a single guy that can consistently shoot, gets any better. I don’t see how recruiting improves if we miss the tournament for a 4th straight year and all 3 of Archie’s years. 

Unless our guard play improves, it’s going to be a struggle.

What has happened to Rob P? Green is Geeen, Franklin is a freshmen, and Al is decent....but Rob might be the worst of our guards right now

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

You guys know I’m typically patient and try to keep it even keel, but I just don’t see where this team gets better? I don’t see how a team that struggled to beat Nebraska at home, has been blown out in its only two road games, and has nobody, not a single guy that can consistently shoot, gets any better. I don’t see how recruiting improves if we miss the tournament for a 4th straight year and all 3 of Archie’s years. 

I’m there with you. Archie wasn’t my guy when they hired him. But I’ve been supportive of him. I’ve reached the end of my rope though. Barring a turnaround this season, the new AD needs to make a statement and make IU great again. 

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yep 

We don’t recruit well enough not to develop players. The pipeline for the next two years is already visible 

If there’s no hope in sight then it’s clear what needs to be done. If we had shooters and another ball handler coming I’d say give Archie time. But he obviously doesn’t recognize those as needs. Time to make a change. 

Just now, JugRox said:

Unless our guard play improves, it’s going to be a struggle.

What has happened to Rob P? Green is Geeen, Franklin is a freshmen, and Al is decent....but Rob might be the worst of our guards right now

You can’t win with the guard play this bad, which was always my concern coming into this year. 

1 minute ago, Feathery said:

I’m there with you. Archie wasn’t my guy when they hired him. But I’ve been supportive of him. I’ve reached the end of my rope though. Barring a turnaround this season, the new AD needs to make a statement and make IU great again. 

Exactly how I feel I’ve tried and tried to support him but it’s just not getting any better. 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

We don’t recruit well enough not to develop players. The pipeline for the next two years is already visible 

If there’s no hope in sight then it’s clear what needs to be done. If we had shooters and another ball handler coming I’d say give Archie time. But he obviously doesn’t recognize those as needs. Time to make a change. 

I said this in another thread a couple days ago but some people don’t want to see it

Archived