Maryland game thread.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

Appreciate the response. But hyperbole is not helping... That if you don't agree with the reasons for losing then you just enjoy losing. That is going to get an angry response from others. When we are in the middle of losing a game by 30 points I would rather people stop provoking others.  People can discuss all they want why we are losing but I ask that people not egg others on.

It goes both ways colonial.  When down by 30 just let them vent to get it out.

Just now, Parakeet Jones said:

New AD doesn’t start until after the academic year is over. What we are looking is likely a lost season this year unless a turnaround of Biblical proportions occurs giving Arch one year to prove himself to a new AD next year. Without any difference makers currently slated to arrive, that looks like a tall task. 

Trust me, I took no joy in typing that. 

I’ve said it before.  We just need to bide our time until Donovan gets fired by the Thunder.

Just now, JugRox said:

New AD would have to have someone in mind as soon as he gets the job.

The problem is who? If a change is made by the new AD, it needs to happen fast.

Yeah, Chris Beard. He is a Knight guy and just went to a final four at Texas Tech. Snap him up before Kansas, UNC, or Duke do. 

2 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

New AD doesn’t start until after the academic year is over. What we are looking is likely a lost season this year unless a turnaround of Biblical proportions occurs giving Arch one year to prove himself to a new AD next year. Without any difference makers currently slated to arrive, that looks like a tall task. 

Trust me, I took no joy in typing that. 

You can hire a coach after the academic year. Look at Michigan when they hired Juwan Howard, mid/end of May. 

IU will ha e the new AD well before then. So there is time for the change to be made. If it is Dolson, he is already part of the administration, then he could actually be given the power to make the move prior to Glass leaving. 

9 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I understand & agree.

Before the season we hoped/believed:

- Green would continue the way he played at the end of last season

- Rob would be healthy and be the play making PG we need

- Jerome would  (after some adjustment time) be dominant

- Anderson, Thompson, Durham would be improved and be contributors

- Brunk and TJD would provide good production in the paint

All but the last item failed to materialize.

Sums it up entirely.   Nothing more need be said.

1 minute ago, BEKA said:

I really don't understand how Archie is failing so spectacularly. Was his run at Dayton just a fluke? It boggles the mind. 

It truly is crazy. I wanted Miller and still think he can be successful here, but something isn’t translating.

Archived