Maryland game thread.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Indiana8585 said:

I’m sorry but as someone who was in school at  during the four head coaches (Davis, Sampson, Dakich, & Crean) in four years this but this team makes those times seem joyful. I wonder how many years we have to wait to make the tourney? 

Sampson and Davis are quality coaches.  I prefer Miller to Crean though, similar results but no hand clapping.

1 minute ago, Indiana8585 said:

Even the announcers are talking about how bad it must be for IU fans watching at home. That’s when you know it’s getting really bad. 

Look, we get it. No one is happy. Repeating it over and over is not constructive. 

Just now, bobtcat2 said:

Sampson and Davis are quality coaches.  I prefer Miller to Crean though, similar results but no hand clapping.

Agree on that last one and I still say now why in the f*** did we ever self report Sampson? He could coach and what he did is nothing to what goes on nowadays 

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I really hate this, because I really like Archie, but I’m seriously getting to the point where I was in Crean’s last year where I was honestly hoping it bottomed out so we could make a change. 

I really like him too but my gosh at least with Crean I always had hope that about once every 3-4 years we WOULD be good. I don’t have that feeling right now.

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

You guys know I’m typically patient and try to keep it even keel, but I just don’t see where this team gets better? I don’t see how a team that struggled to beat Nebraska at home, has been blown out in its only two road games, and has nobody, not a single guy that can consistently shoot, gets any better. I don’t see how recruiting improves if we miss the tournament for a 4th straight year and all 3 of Archie’s years. 

Yep hate to agree but I don't see us any better next year.  People keep saying "we will be older" but older with so, so talent and no shooters doesn't make us better.  Unless Archie lands a guard that can start and produce day one... there won't be improvement.   If you can't see that then you aren't being honest with yourself.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Archived