Maryland post game

rico

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably a good thing that I missed most of this game going to my great nephews first birthday party.  When I got into the car I think were down 8 at 46-38 and when  started watching ti was when Maryland started their run.  I have been hopeful that this season was going to be a lot better and thought the players would have gotten better from last year.  I am coming to the conclusion that this is just not a good team and they need to make drastic changes to the lineup.

Until Archi starts getting better shooters and players with higher basketball IQ this is what we will keep seeing.  It is time for Archie to have a come to Jesus meeting with these players and see who actually wants to play basketball for IU.  These players just don't seem to fit as a team and you can tell they don't have great chemistry on the court.  I know there is nothing we can do about the roster right now but after the season this roster needs an overhaul.

2 minutes ago, IUskim said:

So what happened. I wasn’t able to watch the second half? And no Archie is horrible coach stuff I get we are a terrible team but we were only down 8 at half. What happened in the second half?

We shot 5% from 3 and turned the ball over allot.  We let them score at will.  It would have been 40 point loss but they put in their walk-ons with about 4 minutes to go abs we started hitting shots and got a few TOs.

Team construction (recruiting) is the biggest issue. That falls on the coaches. In year 3, Archie hasn’t recruited a single shooter. He recruits for defense first. But he needs to recruit for offense first and then teach his defensive philosophy to offensively talented players. 

Having 2-3 shooters on the roster (40% from 3) would make this team Top 25 easily. 

3 minutes ago, IUskim said:

So what happened. I wasn’t able to watch the second half? And no Archie is horrible coach stuff I get we are a terrible team but we were only down 8 at half. What happened in the second half?

Consider yourself lucky.  TJD & Brunk showed up in the 2nd half, that was it.  The team is paying like the 12 out of 13 streak last year.  

Just now, JugRox said:

This game put me on the fence with Miller and it sucks.

Going through another rebuild with a new coach....god... 

Just so frustrating 

I’m there will you. He wasn’t my guy but I will give any new coach a chance. But the substitution of Brunk when he was playing well and cut the lead to 3, was Creanesque. That was the moment I went from being patient and supportive to being on the fence. I hope he turns it around but I’m very skeptical and would be ready as a new AD to make a change ASAP if needed. 

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

It’s starting to look like Archie has no clue how to compete with B1G teams. 

Starting? Or being confirmed? I was a supporter of the hire and have been for the past two seasons. Unfortunately, lackadaisical effort and overall disinterest combined with poor fundamentals cannot be defended in year three. The kindling has been placed beneath his seat. He needs to right the ship, and fast. 

Just now, IU Scott said:

Probably a good thing that I missed most of this game going to my great nephews first birthday party.  When I got into the car I think were down 8 at 46-38 and when  started watching ti was when Maryland started their run.  I have been hopeful that this season was going to be a lot better and thought the players would have gotten better from last year.  I am coming to the conclusion that this is just not a good team and they need to make drastic changes to the lineup.

Until Archi starts getting better shooters and players with higher basketball IQ this is what we will keep seeing.  It is time for Archie to have a come to Jesus meeting with these players and see who actually wants to play basketball for IU.  These players just don't seem to fit as a team and you can tell they don't have great chemistry on the court.  I know there is nothing we can do about the roster right now but after the season this roster needs an overhaul.

“See who actually wants to play”...spot on

Damn shame Kelvin Sampson was a cheater, because he was the closest I’ve seen for 20 years in getting the max from his players and rewarding playing time to guys who fought. 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Who are you and how did you hack this account?

Archived