Maryland post game

rico

5 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

And no one has been able to answer this for me yet... what exactly is wrong with Phinisee right now??  Everyone seems to just take it for granted that he’s “injured” even though there’s been no injury news for more than a month.

Play the 5 players that want to play. Regardless of who they are. If we’re going to lose at least lost with heart. I would rather watch Crean year one basketball than Archie year 3.  I can stomach losing if they try their absolute best and act like it matters to them

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

And no one has been able to answer this for me yet... what exactly is wrong with Phinisee right now??  Everyone seems to just take it for granted that he’s “injured” even though there’s been no injury news for more than a month.

To me he’s playing scared. Maybe scared of getting another concussion?? I mentioned in the game thread that he’s not half the player he was last year. 

12 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Didn't watch because I've come to expect results like this.  I'm taking a break...I'll be back when the players start acting like they care.

I’m almost there with you! I posted in the predictions thread.....double digit loss and more of the same and got a couple laughs!! I’m not laughing this absolutely sucks!! I’m  sick of my team looking like this!!

What do think the chances are that we will have a lot of roster turnover after this season.  I feel that is the only way for us to turn this around is that get the players out that are not here to compete to win games.  I know we should not call out players about leaving but that is why I really wanted DG and Smith to Transfer two seasons ago.

14 minutes ago, rico said:

Does anybody want to discuss the f*&king game?  Geez.

My thoughts

i liked Justin smiths drive to the lane from the right wing and spin back for a bucket.  There was nobody on the block at the time or it would not have been possible.

our coach and many players seem to have deer in headlights looks.  Other teams look confident and angry...need to get to there ASAP.

our drives are passive, simply moving horizontally.  They need to watch Baldwin at Butler, drive aggressively with purpose.

finally, it always takes 2 Hoosiers to stop a drive, even casual drives.  Floor opens immediately on the kick out.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

What do think the chances are that we will have a lot of roster turnover after this season.  I feel that is the only way for us to turn this around is that get the players out that are not here to compete to win games.  I know we should not call out players about leaving but that is why I really wanted DG and Smith to Transfer two seasons ago.

Good chance if Archie wants to save his job. 

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I no longer think that is the answer. If coaches were switched during the Arkansas game we win!!

41 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

I'd hire Bruce Pearl in a heartbeat. 

I don't care about his questionable past. The dude just wins and the B1G would be terrified of him at Indiana. They are not scared of Archie.

He would kill it here.

That was my 2nd choice behind the Donavan pipe dream.

6 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

On a positive note. If we ever design a full game to get TJD the ball regularly, he would average 25 a game. Either way he is a stud abs the only player on the roster I like

This is why I’m far more concerned with recruiting than anything game or X and O’s related. The reality is that we have one guy on the entire roster that is at an elite level. TJD is the only player on this team that I could see starting for truly top-tier college team. 

I was holding out hope that Archie was going to recruit at a higher, or more consistent level, but now I don’t see it happening. After TJD and Langford, and maybe Hunter, we’re basically recruiting kids ranked 100/120+, and now if we miss the tournament again I don’t see the recruiting recovering from that. 

Once the team is consistently losing and it’s coupled with lost recruiting momentum, then I think it’s extremely difficult to recover from that as a coach. 

I hate t say this, but I’d have no problem with Bruce Pearl at this point. I’m sorry. Maybe it’s because I haven’t lived in Indiana since 1992, but I just want to root for an IU basketball team that competes nationally. I mean, look at Auburn, Duke, UK, UNC, MSU, etc., etc., Look at all the top schools in football. 

These programs do what needs to be done to win and the NCAA doesn’t care at all. The NCAA hasn’t done a thing to Sean Miller. I’m kind of over the “we do it the right way”. I’m not saying I want all out cheating, but I go back to the report last year that IU’s compliance doesn’t try to work with and help coaches, they try and nail them. That’s not a successful environment. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

I hate t say this, but I’d have no problem with Bruce Pearl at this point. I’m sorry. Maybe it’s because I haven’t lived in Indiana since 1992, but I just want to root for an IU basketball team that competes nationally. I mean, look at Auburn, Duke, UK, UNC, MSU, etc., etc., Look at all the top schools in football. 

These programs do what needs to be done to win and the NCAA doesn’t care at all. The NCAA hasn’t done a thing to Sean Miller. I’m kind of over the “we do it the right way”. I’m not saying I want all out cheating, but I go back to the report last year that IU’s compliance doesn’t try to work with and help coaches, they try and nail them. That’s not a successful environment. 

Did you live in Indiana during the Sampson years? 

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Beard, Pearl, or Pitino.

Or commit to Miller

16 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

On a positive note. If we ever design a full game to get TJD the ball regularly, he would average 25 a game. Either way he is a stud abs the only player on the roster I like

I agree in that I really like TJD but I’m not sure how we can design a game plan to get him 25 a game. The reality is that a Big Ten Coach should be fired if they don’t pack the lane and front TJD. 

15 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Play the 5 players that want to play. Regardless of who they are. If we’re going to lose at least lost with heart. I would rather watch Crean year one basketball than Archie year 3.  I can stomach losing if they try their absolute best and act like it matters to them

Until they hate the feeling of losing more than they like the feeling of winning, they are what they are.

- Larry Bird

59 minutes ago, JugRox said:

This game put me on the fence with Miller and it sucks.

Going through another rebuild with a new coach....god... 

Just so frustrating 

If we do find the “guy” it won’t be much of a rebuild you will see a immediate impact 

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

If we win  a championship and then have to vacate it, then that is not worth it.  

Well, Archie Miller isn't the guy.  That's 100 percent clear.  The lack of shooting makes this team look a lot worse than it is.  But perimeter shooting is so important in college basketball now that there are only a handful of teams that can play good enough defense to win without it.  The Virginia type teams that are so good defensively they can get by.  His Dayton teams were similar, always so bad offensively and with horrible shooting, but they got better results.  Third year here and my earlier projection of 7-13 in conference is going to be a challenge.  I stand by that, I think they'll win a bunch of home games.  Wouldn't be shocked to se all 10 road games be losses though.  And maybe 6-14 or 8-12.  6-8 win range for sure, not good enough.

3 minutes ago, Hoosier83 said:

Did you live in Indiana during the Sampson years? 

No I didn’t. But something we have to be aware of incdiscussing that’s era, is that the landscape has changed dramatically since the Sampson debacle. Schools are doing far worse than what Sampson did and getting literally no consequences from the NCAA. Part of the Sampson mess was how incredibly poorly IU handled it, which goes back to the inept administration. 

Just now, bobtcat2 said:

Well, Archie Miller isn't the guy.  That's 100 percent clear.  The lack of shooting makes this team look a lot worse than it is.  But perimeter shooting is so important in college basketball now that there are only a handful of teams that can play good enough defense to win without it.  The Virginia type teams that are so good defensively they can get by.  His Dayton teams were similar, always so bad offensively and with horrible shooting, but they got better results.  Third year here and my earlier projection of 7-13 in conference is going to be a challenge.  I stand by that, I think they'll win a bunch of home games.  Wouldn't be shocked to se all 10 road games be losses though.  And maybe 6-14 or 8-12.  6-8 win range for sure, not good enough.

You might be right about Archie but it is not clear or not if he is the right guy.  Like some have said before it has take some really good coaches a few years to establish their programs.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

If we win  a championship and then have to vacate it, then that is not worth it.  

For having a freaking bbq?  The ncaa is done as we know it.  In a year and a half all players are going to be making money.  No one is calling for fake classes, wheels for heels, prostitutes in dorms.

5 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

I agree in that I really like TJD but I’m not sure how we can design a game plan to get him 25 a game. The reality is that a Big Ten Coach should be fired if they don’t pack the lane and front TJD. 

TJD could get 25 a game with just garbage if Archie changed the offense.  4 out and TJD roaming down low.  Let the outside shots pour down.

Just now, IU Scott said:

IU isn’t vacating anything. The NCAA doesn’t do anything. Again, I’m not advocating for coaches dropping bags of cash off at a recruits house. That’s not what I’m saying. What I’m saying is that mentality. Let’s get a forward thinking AD in that is going to create an environment where the administration does everything in its power, within the rules, to help Indiana win. 

An environment and administration that helps its coaches navigate the rules, not one that tries to bust their coaches. An administration that sees the upcoming name/likeness rules as an opportunity, not a hindrance. A creative administration that is already looking at ways to take advantage of the name/likeless stuff, as opposed to one that focuses on how to avoid it. 

I just want some creativity. An admin that helps it’s coaches, not holds them back. 

Archived