Maryland post game

rico

5 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

So you want a 20-page post-game thread celebrating a home victory over 5-7 Northwestern?  Is that really where we’re at in Year 3?

And to your point 5fouls, I don’t think this could be any further from the truth.  As evidenced by HH’s post I quoted above, expectations have fallen so far since we fired Crean that Archie would get a statue in Assembly Hall if he made the Sweet 16 this year.  All of these “crazy IU fans will only be happy with a national title” arguments are such a ridiculous strawman.  I haven’t seen a single poster here or on any other site that was hoping for anything more than a tournament appearance out of this team, and I know you haven’t either.  We fired the last coach because 3 Sweet 16s and 2 conference titles in 6 years wasn’t good enough, and 3 years later most of the fanbase would be ecstatic just to make it back to the tournament in consecutive years.  There’s absolutely 0 problem with the fanbase’s expectations right now.

And you keep harping on our 11-3 record, but do you really not see that this team has the exact same issues as it did last year?  What are you going to say when 11-3 turns into 13-10?  

Lol yeah right whining on for 20 pages after a road loss at ranked MD is so much more reasonable. 

No, of course not. And no, a predictable 20-page thread of whining and calamity and pleas to fire the coach after a loss doesn’t make it more appealing.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IU Scott said:

That is not a gray area that s total cheating and going way over the line

Scott, this is the wild west era of college athletics.  They are literally going to start paying players.  This isn't going to get better.  You either hire the biggest guns or you get your ass killed.  I'm sure neither Jay Wright nor Tony Bennett have bent any rules or played in the gray area...

3 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

Scott, this is the wild west era of college athletics.  They are literally going to start paying players.  This isn't going to get better.  You either hire the biggest guns or you get your ass killed.  I'm sure neither Jay Wright nor Tony Bennett have bent any rules or played in the gray area...

Depends on what you think the gray area is but I doubt that right or Bennett has gotten family members houses or jobs to get  a player.  Actually,  no the colleges or the NCAA will not be paying players but will let the players get compensated for their likeness.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Depends on what you think the gray area is but I doubt that right or Bennett has gotten family members houses or jobs to get  a player.  Actually,  no the colleges or the NCAA will not be paying players but will let the players get compensated for their likeness.

Sure about that?

https://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-spt-uva-bennett-brogdon-federal-investigation-0225-story.html

Go Hoosiers!!!

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Or this:

https://virginia.sportswar.com/mid/9195704/board/basketball/

Go Hoosiers!!!

Scott, I think we all know what your stance is on the topic of the gray area.  But you are living in a past that you have some how created.  You think UCLA won those titles because of Wooden's coaching?  Hell, then schools got wise to what ole John was doing and followed suit.  Some did it wisely and discretely, others did it blatantly.  In either case, only Louisville has vacated a championship.  

32 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

College athletics according to Scott.

ADA0EAFA-949E-4726-9674-753AD51E2BA1.gif

21 minutes ago, rico said:

Scott, I think we all know what your stance is on the topic of the gray area.  But you are living in a past that you have some how created.  You think UCLA won those titles because of Wooden's coaching?  Hell, then schools got wise to what ole John was doing and followed suit.  Some did it wisely and discretely, others did it blatantly.  In either case, only Louisville has vacated a championship.  

To me what you talked about Zion's family getting a house is like money laundering you see the mob does.  They set up a legitimate business as a front so they can put their illegal money into an legitimate business.  Also I doubt it was the Duke's compliance office that set up that arrangement.  

Also like anything on this message board it is just my opinion and none of you have to agree with it and I am not saying you have to have my same beliefs.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me what you talked about Zion's family getting a house is like money laundering you see the mob does.  They set up a legitimate business as a front so they can put their illegal money into an legitimate business.  Also I doubt it was the Duke's compliance office that set up that arrangement.  

Also like anything on this message board it is just my opinion and none of you have to agree with it and I am not saying you have to have my same beliefs.

How about Knight hiring high school coaches as assistants to get their players.

1 minute ago, rico said:

How about Knight hiring high school coaches as assistants to get their players.

What about it, if he is a coach and is qualified so what is the problem.  It is not like he let Felling go after Simmons left and he stayed for many years to come.  I would have a problem with it is once the player left that the coach is let go.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What about it, if he is a coach and is qualified so what is the problem.  It is not like he let Felling go after Simmons left and he stayed for many years to come.  I would have a problem with it is once the player left that the coach is let go.

Gray area my friend

11 minutes ago, rico said:

Gray area my friend

If that is the kind of gray area I guess I am ok with it but like the scenario like getting players family a house even if they make it somehow legal is not what I would want IU to do.  The time that Larry Brown hired Danny Manning's dad even though he was not a coach is not right.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If that is the kind of gray area I guess I am ok with it but like the scenario like getting players family a house even if they make it somehow legal is not what I would want IU to do.  The time that Larry Brown hired Danny Manning's dad even though he was not a coach is not right.

Dale Brown made a living off of it at LSU.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1985-03-15-sp-35076-story.html

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Lol yeah right whining on for 20 pages after a road loss at ranked MD is so much more reasonable. 

No, of course not. And no, a predictable 20-page thread of whining and calamity and pleas to fire the coach after a loss doesn’t make it more appealing.

Fair enough.  I don’t think it’s really been an overreaction to an embarrassing beatdown immediately following a collapse at home, both of which have displayed the exact same issues we’ve been seeing for going on three years now.  Especially considering that this team looks pretty much exactly the same as the team that suffered an epic collapse last season.  But if this season continues on the same trajectory, the post-game threads will quiet down I would guess.

Archived