Maryland post game

rico

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly think if Archie would play Phinisee, Franklin, brunk, race and TJD 80-85% of the minutes (and somehow include Jerome in that mix) from here on out, things would improve dramatically and this team could be formidable by February.  Just sit the Crean guys, maybe play them 3-5 mins each game and see what happens.  If he remains stubborn and continues with the same rotations, we may only win 3-4 more games this year 

On 1/4/2020 at 8:28 PM, IU Scott said:

First his offense is far from playground garbage and secondly look at the roster and the recruits coming in and you will see Indiana kid son the team.  I get being upset but I think you are being overly dramatic if you asked me.  See this kind of post is why I say that our fans do as much bad as they do good.  Calling our coach a punk is way over the lne and this post should be deleted.  Also if you think a High School coach can come in here and do better really tells me more about your lack of basketball knowledge.

RP

TJD 

Anderson

Galloway

Leal

The offense is playground garbage. Pick and roll and throw it around the perimeter. Nothing to this offense at all. You thinking this is an offense shows your lack of knowledge about the game. You know very little if anything at all. You fall in the same category at the person on the sidelines for Indiana. Laughable. 

2 hours ago, jojo123 said:

The offense is playground garbage. Pick and roll and throw it around the perimeter. Nothing to this offense at all. You thinking this is an offense shows your lack of knowledge about the game. You know very little if anything at all. You fall in the same category at the person on the sidelines for Indiana. Laughable. 

JoJo, no insults please.

9 hours ago, Bob said:

Well he has to try something! What he’s doing isn’t working! Please don’t say we’re 11/3. Ten of those wins were against cupcakes. 8 of them were very weak cupcakes.

Technically, we're not 11/3.  That's a fraction.  We're actually 11-3.  

10 hours ago, Bob said:

Well he has to try something! What he’s doing isn’t working! Please don’t say we’re 11/3. Ten of those wins were against cupcakes. 8 of them were very weak cupcakes.

So two out of Notre Dame, UCONN, and Florida St, are "cupcakes"?

Who knew?

Lots of things that I would like to comment on and say but I am not so sure that I am invested enough. Apathy hitting me hard. The past 2 seasons I have found many more things that bring more enjoyment than watching the product we put on the floor. We are never prepared I am shocked at how many people keep saying what a great coach CAM is I just dont see it. Then again what do I know.

Our program is no better today than it was 3 years ago. That is sad!! We bring in a guy that left a school that lost their top recruit to Colorado and in 2.5 years with no 5 star players no Indiana All stars or Indiana Mr Basketballs and they are a top 20 team. Winning at a program like Dayton apparently is not as difficult as we thought it was. 

This is the Big and you cant fool people it's not the A10. Every program has figured us out and we have not adapted.  I am starting to think that my friend that said the other staffs like having CAM here was saying exactly what we were hoping he was not saying. I just feel at this point maybe he was not ready for the deep end of the pool. Many mid major coaches have had success then fail at a major program. No shame in it. 

The sad thing IMO is that most of us agree that it was time for IU and CTC to part ways. Every game he coached I felt we had a legit chance to win. I have lost confidence that we can win. I do not expect us to win most games and as a fan that stinks. We have binged on cupcakes and won some we shouldn't but have lost way to many games that we should have won. 

I will continue to watch when I can, cheer like crazy but my expectations are not high so maybe I will enjoy it more.

24 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Lots of things that I would like to comment on and say but I am not so sure that I am invested enough. Apathy hitting me hard. The past 2 seasons I have found many more things that bring more enjoyment than watching the product we put on the floor. We are never prepared I am shocked at how many people keep saying what a great coach CAM is I just dont see it. Then again what do I know.

Our program is no better today than it was 3 years ago. That is sad!! We bring in a guy that left a school that lost their top recruit to Colorado and in 2.5 years with no 5 star players no Indiana All stars or Indiana Mr Basketballs and they are a top 20 team. Winning at a program like Dayton apparently is not as difficult as we thought it was. 

This is the Big and you cant fool people it's not the A10. Every program has figured us out and we have not adapted.  I am starting to think that my friend that said the other staffs like having CAM here was saying exactly what we were hoping he was not saying. I just feel at this point maybe he was not ready for the deep end of the pool. Many mid major coaches have had success then fail at a major program. No shame in it. 

The sad thing IMO is that most of us agree that it was time for IU and CTC to part ways. Every game he coached I felt we had a legit chance to win. I have lost confidence that we can win. I do not expect us to win most games and as a fan that stinks. We have binged on cupcakes and won some we shouldn't but have lost way to many games that we should have won. 

I will continue to watch when I can, cheer like crazy but my expectations are not high so maybe I will enjoy it more.

I'll be a broken record on apathy until it changes. It's setting in.....and if it's setting in for the message board IU fans what is it doing to your casual fan? Or maybe they have it right....not being emotionally invested as much makes being a fan so much easier. 

11 hours ago, Bob said:

FSU, UCONN and ND are not cup cakes and LA Tech right is considered an tournament team.

11 hours ago, jojo123 said:

I guess you don't watch much basketball because that offense is what 95% of the teams run.  When I think of playground basketball it is just running and gunning down the court with no offensive system at all.

Archived