Maryland post game

rico

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AxnJxn said:

Probably both. I still got pretty excited when the Wat Shot went down, and was pretty bummed with that Syracuse disaster, just not as intensely or lingering.

I still get pumped or upset during the games but once the games are over I can let it go a lot easier now.

9 minutes ago, InThePaint said:

I can understand that and it’s a fine opinion to have. Would you be fine if we were to take another chance on a mid major coach if Archie does not get things turned around?

Honestly not as the next coach. Either stay with him or go big. And I mean big big. Spend the money abs get the guy you want who is a proven big time winner. Otherwise the fan base will not be all in

Like the vast majority of posters today, I am a LONG time fan. I hope and pray that CAM can and does turn this ship around.... but I dont believe its reasonable to think that he will. For one, on a “ position by position” basis, we are well down the ladder in The BIG. We dont have a standout guard ( shooter), and we dont have a dominate big. TJD has made an immense contribution as a freshman, but has literally no supporting cast. It seems 85% of the offense is behind the 3 pt line, and when an open 3 pt shot IS available, those known to be shooters pass off to someone forcing up a shot... Personally I think CAM is in over his head. Player rotations are beginning to make less and less sense to me, and FUNDAMENTAL SKILL DEVELOPMENT seems  like its on hold.... Dang it, its just not much fun watching anymore

Just now, Hoosierhoopster said:

Will we have a 15 page post game thread after our next win? 

Answer: no, we won’t.

that’s kind of sad, really 

I hear these sports talk hos who says they hate doing their jobs after the teams loses but I don't buy it.  There are way more people listening or posting after losses than after wins.

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Honestly not as the next coach. Either stay with him or go big. And I mean big big. Spend the money abs get the guy you want who is a proven big time winner. Otherwise the fan base will not be all in

I would be with you if I saw a coach out there that fits your definition that would be available but don't see it.

4 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Agreed. With the new AD coming in, the timeframe for Archie will change. I would guess the new AD would look to get their own coach in if things don’t improve next year.

30 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Because he's done it somewhere else already.  There are things in play here other than his coaching ability. 

Maybe it's simply not the right fit.

Maybe the team is just dysfunctional beyond repair.

Maybe the pressure to meet expectations is weighing down both the coaching staff and the players.

I am just a former player and dad AAU coach like many of you.  I am sure Archie knows Hoops way better than any of us wasting time on a forum, but why can’t we see it?  I have coached teams where I know if I was brad Stevens we wouldn’t win, but I would try like hell to do anything to help the kids have a chance.  Change defense, change offense, look for any possible mismatch, attack best player relentlessly and hope for foul trouble.  Yes we still lost, but everyone IU has is an elite athlete with b-ball talent.  Good coaching is where it’s at.

we can’t shoot, fine.  Press, become an actual, aggressive defensive minded team instead of talking about it, teach your posts what to do if they are 3/4 denied instead of just a lazy reversal by the guards, get someone in foul trouble.  Drive hard with a purpose, run the flex, 4 high, 4 low, a simple Maryland curl offense, Maximize transition instead of hinting you want to run Phoenix/NC transition O, teach a pull up, a step back.  A free throw for heavens sake.  

you can see Archie is frustrated, maybe the players aren’t good enough, or doing what he’s asking.  Either way it’s on him.  It’s so easy to defend us, 3/4 deny post and sag perimeter.  Everyone knows it - Archie needs to make some offensive adjustments ASAP and make D an actual priority.

sorry the past few years has been pretty frustrating for my die hard IU blood.

Archived