Maryland post game

rico

9 minutes ago, InThePaint said:

If the team isn’t equipped to take more 3s, then I would say that’s a recruiting issue. I don’t think it’s a scheme issue. They’re looking to get the best shot each possession and right now that means getting it into the post if possible. I hope the guys that are coming in next year can hit some shots. It would open up the offense quite a bit.

Again, what specifically are we doing that is causing the 3 point defense to be bad? I could point to Maryland, Notre Dame and UConn. It does come down to execution, but when the 3 point defense gets brought up, it makes it seem like they don’t guard the 3 at all. That’s not true. It will stop being an issue when guys decided to lock in consistently. They can’t take possessions off. Giving up 9-0 runs has to mean something to each guy.  It doesn’t take a ton of skill to play defense. See how often someone gets lost on a possession or forgets to help on a screener. Upperclassman leadership would go a long way. Someone has to say they’ve had enough and make a stop.

Were not going to see eye to eye on this and that’s ok! Hopefully things take a turn for the better. It sucks being in limbo the whole year for the tournament.

Maryland shot 25% from 3 today...

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, InThePaint said:

If the team isn’t equipped to take more 3s, then I would say that’s a recruiting issue. I don’t think it’s a scheme issue. They’re looking to get the best shot each possession and right now that means getting it into the post if possible. I hope the guys that are coming in next year can hit some shots. It would open up the offense quite a bit.

Again, what specifically are we doing that is causing the 3 point defense to be bad? I could point to Maryland, Notre Dame and UConn. It does come down to execution, but when the 3 point defense gets brought up, it makes it seem like they don’t guard the 3 at all. That’s not true. It will stop being an issue when guys decided to lock in consistently. They can’t take possessions off. Giving up 9-0 runs has to mean something to each guy.  It doesn’t take a ton of skill to play defense. See how often someone gets lost on a possession or forgets to help on a screener. Upperclassman leadership would go a long way. Someone has to say they’ve had enough and make a stop.

Were not going to see eye to eye on this and that’s ok! Hopefully things take a turn for the better. It sucks being in limbo the whole year for the tournament.

Agreed.  We all just want to see them win, or at the very least show some improvement.  I don’t know if I can handle a repeat of last year.

11 minutes ago, JerseyHoosier said:

Three point field goal % for our last four games:

• Nebraska 5/15 (25%)
  • Notre Dame- 5/17 (29%)
  • Maryland- 4/18 (22%)
  • Arkansas- 5/21 (23.8%)

Just some numbers to consider....

But I was told we didn't need shooters . The guys we had would get better this summer. Unreal.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

It wasn't a good show to watch and that is why he made that comment.

I loved the show as a kid.  I watched a few episodes again recently and it’s amazing what you can consider amazing as a kid but once your reach adulthood you are like WTH was I thinking.

Disney+ recently showed me just how bad Spider-Man and his amazing friends was.  I mean awful lol

Kenpom has done a few things over the years about the best way of judging 3 point defense.  He says the numbers show that a good 3 point defense will allow less shots, but won't have a ton of affect on percentage.  Some, but not a ton.  That seems to make sense.  If you're a lock down 3 point defense, guys aren't going to get many shots off.  Usually, when a guy takes a 3, they're relatively open.  That doesn't change whether it is a good or bad defense.  There's some forced shots in there, but for the most part, guys are mostly open.  A big deal of 3 point percentage allowed is luck.  Guys are sometimes going to miss open shots, and make guarded ones.

This year, we've allowed the 271st most 3 point attempts per game

Last year we were 193rd

His first year, we were 122nd

His last year at Dayton, they were 226th

The previous year, they were 210th

9 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Kenpom has done a few things over the years about the best way of judging 3 point defense.  He says the numbers show that a good 3 point defense will allow less shots, but won't have a ton of affect on percentage.  Some, but not a ton.  That seems to make sense.  If you're a lock down 3 point defense, guys aren't going to get many shots off.  Usually, when a guy takes a 3, they're relatively open.  That doesn't change whether it is a good or bad defense.  There's some forced shots in there, but for the most part, guys are mostly open.  A big deal of 3 point percentage allowed is luck.  Guys are sometimes going to miss open shots, and make guarded ones.

This year, we've allowed the 271st most 3 point attempts per game

Last year we were 193rd

His first year, we were 122nd

His last year at Dayton, they were 226th

The previous year, they were 210th

Is that good or bad.

I have a good friend who is a successful coach in Sweden.  He watched the game online today and this is what he had to say about it.

Hoosiersna måste räkna ut ett sätt att skjuta den jävla tre bollen eller så kommer de att lämnas utanför galenskapen i mars ännu en gång.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I have a good friend who is a successful coach in Sweden.  He watched the game online today and this is what he had to say about it.

Hoosiersna måste räkna ut ett sätt att skjuta den jävla tre bollen eller så kommer de att lämnas utanför galenskapen i mars ännu en gång.

The Hoosiers have to figure out a way to shoot the damn three ball or they will be left out of the madness in March once again

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

I don’t like it anymore than you but people were saying there wasn’t a coach like Meyer out there and there is. Just saying.

And the only thing I said was he only has one natty to his name. We all know there is worse ink than slick Rick’s though.

22B362AF-06E4-44FD-883B-A4B6500FBBDD.jpeg

8F7CAE27-14ED-4BB7-AF7A-2441BFBB4D5A.jpeg

32 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

I loved the show as a kid.  I watched a few episodes again recently and it’s amazing what you can consider amazing as a kid but once your reach adulthood you are like WTH was I thinking.

Disney+ recently showed me just how bad Spider-Man and his amazing friends was.  I mean awful lol

I always wanted channels to see all of my old favorite shows and now I have them I realize  how corny most of those shows were.

Archived