Maryland post game

rico

2 minutes ago, DWB said:

BGleas: If this season plays out the way I see it playing out, which isn’t a given, then Archie is going to have to make some major changes heading into next season. The status quo won’t work. 

I agree, but we're close to ½ way thru this season. Why wait until next year to make major changes? Isn't that what "Depth" is for? Use the bench as a motivator or punishment when you play bad Devonte ball, or take possessions off, or, or, or...

Make the most change you can NOW, given what you have to work with. Archie isn't doing that IMO.

Well most of the complaints are from the guard position and we really only have 4 o our roster so it is hard to use the bench.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well most of the complaints are from the guard position and we really only have 4 o our roster so it is hard to use the bench.

We only have 4 scholarship guards. I'd let Cooper Buybee (sp) give it a shot. The kid can shoot.  Look how McBob turned out given a chance. These kids know what's it like to play for IU. I don't think Durham, Green "give a damn" about the IU tradition. In my mind, it can't hurt us any more than the current product we're seeing on the floor. What's the difference if you loose by 20 or 30? (10...I know) You still look like a pile of horse-hockey.

I'd also play Armaan a BUNCH more. He & Rob are the future. If we're going down the tubes this year, let's get these guys all the minutes we can and start building for next year asap. I want to reward effort and team play, not reward supposed "talent".

5 minutes ago, DWB said:

We only have 4 scholarship guards. I'd let Cooper Buybee (sp) give it a shot. The kid can shoot.  Look how McBob turned out given a chance. These kids know what's it like to play for IU. I don't think Durham, Green "give a damn" about the IU tradition. In my mind, it can't hurt us any more than the current product we're seeing on the floor. What's the difference if you loose by 20 or 30? (10...I know) You still look like a pile of horse-hockey.

I'd also play Armaan a BUNCH more. He & Rob are the future. If we're going down the tubes this year, let's get these guys all the minutes we can and start building for next year asap. I want to reward effort and team play, not reward supposed "talent".

Everybody looks at McRoberts as a walk on but don't forget he was actually a D1 scholarship player at Vermont.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Everybody looks at McRoberts as a walk on but don't forget he was actually a D1 scholarship player at Vermont.

You're absolutely correct. But he was a walk-on at a power 5 conf school, and not only earned his way onto the floor, he put most of the other players to shame with his hustle, total effort and limited abilities. Wasn't a great athlete at all, but I'd take 2 of him over 2 Justin Smith's (current version) any time.

(OK, I have to calm down. The hair on the back of my neck is rising not because of everybody's posts, but because I'm so disappointed in this team right now)

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

If Al and Devonte continue their lackluster play I'd be all for cutting their minutes way back.   Give Arman and Rob the majority and let them get as much experience as possible.  Those two will be key pieces the next 2 years.  And that's when CAM better be winning.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

3 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Zzzzz.......huh? Oh wow....just awoke from an 11 year coma. What happened? Did we get Moses Abraham?

No.  Maryland just beat us in the NCAA Championship game.  Your coma goes back more than 11 years. But, you apparently are a basketball savant, seeing as you were able to spot superstardom in a 9 year old Moses Abraham all the way back in 2002.  He has since exceeded Oscar, MJ, and LBJ to become the GOAT.  

7 hours ago, DWB said:

BGleas: If this season plays out the way I see it playing out, which isn’t a given, then Archie is going to have to make some major changes heading into next season. The status quo won’t work. 

I agree, but we're close to ½ way thru this season. Why wait until next year to make major changes? Isn't that what "Depth" is for? Use the bench as a motivator or punishment when you play bad Devonte ball, or take possessions off, or, or, or...

Make the most change you can NOW, given what you have to work with. Archie isn't doing that IMO.

I agree. I was just more referring to roster and staff changes after the season. 

1 hour ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Yes . I do not have as much energy these days ! Seeing pee yew get clobbered does get me tired up , but ! No excuse , just fact .But , the Hoosiers have only 5 upperclassmen on scholarship ! One has been injured his entire career !

Well with us only having 11 scholarship players that is about half of our roster

On 1/6/2020 at 8:18 AM, IU Scott said:

I guess you don't watch much basketball because that offense is what 95% of the teams run.  When I think of playground basketball it is just running and gunning down the court with no offensive system at all.

Well done you just described are offense!

On 1/5/2020 at 7:03 AM, Threedom said:

Our fan base is frustrated for good reason overall.  We are hovering between either denial or acceptance that mighty IU basketball is just....iu basketball. And it’s Getting harder and harder to see a resurrection.  We’re like buzz light year realizing he’s a toy and it’s okay to play with mrs nizbit 🤪

It will shake out either way.

I'm just saying until there is a complete season it is objective to compartmentalize things into porper context of a team developing

Fans had to deal with mighty IUBB become just IUBB post-McCracken 2 titles after ,what , 14 NCAA Tourneys.

We may or may never see it again, but the game has too many fluid forces and variables to sit and say.

Especially,  that any traditionally successful program can't see it fall into place again in short time or even suddenly..I always thought that is one of the things that set IUBB apart.It's died a few deaths and returned to compete and rekindle expectations before.

The segment of same fans who lament Henderson getting hurt under Knight.don't lament Verdell Jonea or OG Anunoby getting hurt the same way.They look at it totally different and it wasn't very in a larger context of the game.

.Teams that gelled and at full strength could arguably and literally were beating anyone lost an integral part. Morgan was not even Morgan due to injury.Yet we laud him as a fanbse.I have issue with differences of opinion.I just call BS in the inconsistencies in perception in not enturely unrelevant context.

The only difference being or following Hallf of Famers gets excuses and following guys who make sweet 16s and look to have the best or 2nd best NCAA team but failed for various reasons in separate years dont.

The same crowd saying this is Archie's team not Crean's because he kept them think Mike Davis cosched Knight's team because he kept them.

The thing that is getting denied by the IU is done forever crowd is why those expectations keep coming back to begin with.

I had beer but I know where Im coming from and sticking to it.

Also.How do past success have nothing to do with now and should be let go of for good , but past failures somehow accumulate and never go away? 

Asking for a football fanbase.

3 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

It will shake out either way.

I'm just saying until there is a complete season it is objective to compartmentalize things into porper context of a team developing

Fans had to deal with mighty IUBB become just IUBB post-McCracken 2 titles after ,what , 14 NCAA Tourneys.

We may or may never see it again, but the game has too many fluid forces and variables to sit and say.

Especially,  that any traditionally successful program can't see it fall into place again in short time or even suddenly..I always thought that is one of the things that set IUBB apart.It's died a few deaths and returned to compete and rekindle expectations before.

The segment of same fans who lament Henderson getting hurt under Knight.don't lament Verdell Jonea or OG Anunoby getting hurt the same way.They look at it totally different and it wasn't very in a larger context of the game.

.Teams that gelled and at full strength could arguably and literally were beating anyone lost an integral part. Morgan was not even Morgan due to injury.Yet we laud him as a fanbse.I have issue with differences of opinion.I just call BS in the inconsistencies in perception in not enturely unrelevant context.

The only difference being or following Hallf of Famers gets excuses and following guys who make sweet 16s and look to have the best or 2nd best NCAA team but failed for various reasons in separate years dont.

The same crowd saying this is Archie's team not Crean's because he kept them think Mike Davis cosched Knight's team because he kept them.

The thing that is getting denied by the IU is done forever crowd is why those expectations keep coming back to begin with.

I had beer but I know where Im coming from and sticking to it.

Also.How do past success have nothing to do with now and should be let go of for good , but past failures somehow accumulate and never go away? 

Asking for a football fanbase.

Time for bed dude....

True I as tired but beside the point . Your dismissive reply in diminutive tone wasn't worth the 2nd effort I almost put it to clarify now that it is not late . 

I would still coach and analyze circles around you in my sleep.  I've read so many post histories here for hindsight reflection on who was way off and close most often . . You;re punching above your weight on analytical layers of depth  calling me out for whatever reason here, but I like to be amused.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived