Michael McRobbie

When is his term done? It is not a coincidence that our men's bball team has sucked under his watch.  McRobbie DOES NOT care about American collegiate athletics. The sooner this guy is gone the better.  He simply does not understand why American collegiate athletics is important...believe me, I know this.  

Secondly, Archie is a good coach...he needs help to navigate through the muddy waters of the NCAA...Mcrobbie and our administration provides no help while other schools do...why you may ask? Cause McRobbie doesn't see the importance like so many of us do. I would encourage fans to hang in there. Archie is going to be our guy.  FYI - a close family member of mine coaches under the collegiate level of someone who has been to the NCAA championship game...maybe IU? .Archie is a good coach...lets not blow this. CAM is our guy! 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

When is his term done? It is not a coincidence that our men's bball team has sucked under his watch.  McRobbie DOES NOT care about American collegiate athletics. The sooner this guy is gone the better.  He simply does not understand why American collegiate athletics is important...believe me, I know this.  

Secondly, Archie is a good coach...he needs help to navigate through the muddy waters of the NCAA...Mcrobbie and our administration provides no help while other schools do...why you may ask? Cause McRobbie doesn't see the importance like so many of us do. I would encourage fans to hang in there. Archie is going to be our guy.  FYI - a close family member of mine coaches under the collegiate level of someone who has been to the NCAA championship game...maybe IU? .Archie is a good coach...lets not blow this. CAM is our guy! 

Can I ask you what you think that McRobbie has done in his time here that prevented the basketball team from winning.  I could not tell you who is th epresident of any other University and I doubt many fans blame their problems on the president of the university.

38 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Can I ask you what you think that McRobbie has done in his time here that prevented the basketball team from winning.  I could not tell you who is th epresident of any other University and I doubt many fans blame their problems on the president of the university.

Too much to go into specifics. Simply put, he is from Australia and does not see the importance of AMERICAN collegiate athletics.

41 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

There are people in the athletic department that will tell you that they are happy he is leaving!!! And they hope someone who cares about athletics becomes the  new president.

1 hour ago, Hoosier987 said:

I really do not know how he prevents winning?  There have been multiple NBA players and a few 1 and done or two and outs who have worn the candy stripes under his watch.  This roster is filled with top 150 players and a McAA.  It is missing key pieces and I do not know how McRobbie prevented another point guard and a kid that can shoot the rock.

Allen took a helicopter to watch Craig, and Archie flew in to talk to Garcia multiple times.  There is little restrictions to recruiting budgets in basketball.

I beleive Archie should be able to coach.  I'm not sure how the President restricts him.  He approved Creans firing to hire Miller.  There is some desire to do well.  Furthermore, he is an employee of the Board and I'm sure they want to do well.

Maybe, I just need specifics and clarity to fully understand.  

1 minute ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

I really do not know how he prevents winning?  There have been multiple NBA players and a few 1 and dones or two and outs who have worn the candy stripes under his watch.  

Allen took a helicopter to watch Craig, and Archie flew in to talk to Garcia multiple times.  There is little restrictions to recruiting budgets in basketball.

I beleive Archie should be able to coach.  I'm not sure how the President restricts him.  He approved Creans firing to hire Miller.  There is some desire to do well.  Furthermore, he is an employee of the Board and I'm sure they want to do well.

Maybe, I just need specifics and clarity to fully understand.  

I can name a couple quickly...

1.) We has faculties that lagged behind for YEARS and when they finally got upgraded we didn’t even strive to have the top facilities in the country

2.) It appears we aren’t willing to pay the kind of money that other blue bloods do for coaches

3.) Many have said for years that athletics are a tag onto the University and not a high priority in his eyes. That trickles down a TON who who is hired in positions and what they’re allowed to even consider doing to build championship caliber programs.

When a team had a bad season the coach gets the heat. When it turns to a bad coaching hire the AD gets the heat. When a program sucks for decades you go higher. If the president isn’t doing more he needs to go.

I’m sorry but we need to clean HOUSE. If we are bad under Archie then others need to feel the heat. And if they don’t from the fans then it is WE who are throwing in the towel.

10 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Too much to go into specifics. Simply put, he is from Australia and does not see the importance of AMERICAN collegiate athletics.

So why is a lot of the other programs at IU doing well if he doesn't care about sports.  I just don't see how him not caring for sports influences what we see on the court.  We have upgrade all of our facilities and they are paying HC and assistants higher salaries so what has he done that prevented us from winning.

Just now, BADGERVOL said:

I can name a couple quickly...

1.) We has faculties that lagged behind for YEARS and when they finally got upgraded we didn’t even strive to have the top facilities in the country

2.) It appears we aren’t willing to pay the kind of money that other blue bloods do for coaches

3.) Many have said for years that athletics are a tag onto the University and not a high priority in his eyes. That trickles down a TON who who is hired in positions and what they’re allowed to even consider doing to build championship caliber programs.

That is true; but, the truth is that IU won 3 national championships the same way.  Yes, Assembly Hall was built- not to what it could of been.  Coach Knight was never paid what he could of been, etc.  

Yes, I get the arms race and the need and now see the upgrades in all sports.

However, they still went out and got a hot coach in Archie.  He wasn't cheap.  They upgraded the lounges for him and let him bring in his coaching staff.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So why is a lot of the other programs at IU doing well if he doesn't care about sports.  I just don't see how him not caring for sports influences what we see on the court.  We have upgrade all of our facilities and they are paying HC and assistants higher salaries so what has he done that prevented us from winning.

Scott...believe me...I'm not going to get into specifics but I promise you he is a hindrance to our athletic program. The sooner he is gone...the better!

Just now, Fiveoutofsix said:

That is true; but, the truth is that IU won 3 national championships the same way.  Yes, Assembly Hall was built- not to what it could of been.  Coach Knight was never paid what he could of been, etc.  

Yes, I get the arms race and the need and now see the upgrades in all sports.

However, they still went out and got a hot coach in Archie.  He wasn't cheap.  They upgraded the lounges for him and let him bring in his coaching staff.

I agree with your post. But you didn’t need a lot of that stuff when you had one of the greatest coaches of all time. But we have a blue blood program and we are treating it like a Yugo.

1 minute ago, Hoosier987 said:

Scott...believe me...I'm not going to get into specifics but I promise you he is a hindrance to our athletic program. The sooner he is gone...the better!

That might be but still don't explain the fact that  a lot of our sports programs are doing very well.  So is it that he just doesn't like men's basketball and will do anything to keep them from succeeding.

1 minute ago, BADGERVOL said:

This thread is important because it shows where the heat needs to be shifting. Now fans need to do something. They need to take back their program from a handful of people who are allowing it to die.

How can the fans get rid of the guys on the BOT or the president.  WE are getting a new AD in the spring and I think McRobbie is leaving in a year so can the fans hire the new president or AD

1 minute ago, BADGERVOL said:

I agree with your post. But you didn’t need a lot of that stuff when you had one of the greatest coaches of all time. But we have a blue blood program and we are treating it like a Yugo.

Trust me, I see your points.  I just do not see how it restricts winning and recruiting the right players.  Archie has all the tools in his toolbox to succeed.  Its one thing to struggle in the first few years....its another to see little identity and playing players that will not be the kids to turn around the program in the next few years.  Hopefully, they turn it on and go on a run-  mu optimism thought that would happen after Wisconsin.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That might be but still don't explain the fact that  a lot of our sports programs are doing very well.  So is it that he just doesn't like men's basketball and will do anything to keep them from succeeding.

Not at all. He is indifferent. We might as well be a Carnegie Mellon. 

We are a basketball school and basketball schools get help from their University much like Duke or UNC does.  LIsten...I don't know the specifics nor am I privy to mention those that I know..but, I repeat...the sooner McRobbie is gone the better we are

7 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

To any idiot who says athletics aren’t beneficial to the University I’ll say this.  When I went to law school about 12 years ago Alabama was ranked about #65 in the rankings.  Today they are ranked #25.  Wonder why that might be?

For sure, Northwestern had a huge spike in applications when they went to the Rose Bowl.

2 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Not at all. He is indifferent. We might as well be a Carnegie Mellon. 

We are a basketball school and basketball schools get help from their University much like Duke or UNC does.  LIsten...I don't know the specifics nor am I privy to mention those that I know..but, I repeat...the sooner McRobbie is gone the better we are

Again what is he doing specifically doing that is preventing the basketball program from succeeding.  I still think we have the largest recruiting budgets n the country.  We have upgrade both AH and the facilities.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

How can the fans get rid of the guys on the BOT or the president.  WE are getting a new AD in the spring and I think McRobbie is leaving in a year so can the fans hire the new president or AD

I wouldn’t think anything could be done but when I watched what transpired as a UT football fan when the AD under the pressure of an idiot booster Haslam almost hired Greg Schiano as head coach...it ushered in a whole new era for college sports. Push fans far enough and they can get organized and with the power of social media can invoke POWERFUL change. AD gone, President felt CRAZY heat and immediately stepped in and got us back on track.

I’ve never seen anything like it in my life. And many outside that base felt they were bat 💩 crazy, but their voices were HEARD. An AD was hired that was believed in (Phil Fulmer), and his hire although not initially exciting to the fanbase was trusted. Facilities are improving like crazy, fans are hearing and being shown their football program will be back no matter what and they’re hearing it from the board, President, AD, etc. because everyone at the top heard them LOUD AND CLEAR and felt the heat.

it didn’t mean the fanbase dictated who exactly was hired but they were not going to sit back and let another sketchy hire be made and they wanted to hear talk and see ACTION that their football program, the IDENTITY of their storied school, was a top priority for the administration.

If it happened there it can happen here. 

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Again what is he doing specifically doing that is preventing the basketball program from succeeding.  I still think we have the largest recruiting budgets n the country.  We have upgrade both AH and the facilities.

There’s a lot of reasons.....I can’t say. Believe me or not. It doesn’t matter to me. There’s a reason why we have sucked for over a decade plus. In terms of athletics...McRobbie sucks 

I get what some of you are saying at the micro level. Administration isn’t turning the ball over or not making shots. But when a company is struggling for two long the president gets replaced by the board. If CAM doesn’t work then we need BIG change this time. The fanbase needs to stop crying and whining and they need to get PISSED OFF.

3 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I get what some of you are saying at the micro level. Administration isn’t turning the ball over or not making shots. But when a company is struggling for two long the president gets replaced by the board. If CAM doesn’t work then we need BIG change this time. The fanbase needs to stop crying and whining and they need to get PISSED OFF.

Well I must have gotten Crean fired because he was let go two weeks after I e-mailed Glass.

Honestly no other sport matters to a university expert football and basketball. With football being the biggest money maker. Every other program benefits or suffers because of it. We are a basketball school in the B1G abs since we don’t really spend anything in football, we should be doing everything we can to make our blue bloods program the best in the conference. Money should be no object on anything. It’s what Kentucky dies and it works, even if you don’t like call they have the best residences and practice facilities. 

Archived