Inge is leaving

Inge seemed like he did a good job as a recruiter, but his special teams left a lot to be desired.  I would guess our improved special teams this year was more due to the fact that Allen wasn't doing defense and had more time to work with other areas.

I thought Inge was a lot better when he was coaching defensive positions, and I wish we would have moved him back there before this year.  As a special teams coach, I think we can do a lot better.

3 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Inge seemed like he did a good job as a recruiter, but his special teams left a lot to be desired.  I would guess our improved special teams this year was more due to the fact that Allen wasn't doing defense and had more time to work with other areas.

I thought Inge was a lot better when he was coaching defensive positions, and I wish we would have moved him back there before this year.  As a special teams coach, I think we can do a lot better.

I was more concerned about losing him as a recruiter.  Seems his departure may hurt on that end.

40 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I was more concerned about losing him as a recruiter.  Seems his departure may hurt on that end.

It always seemed like he did a good job recruiting, but I wonder how much he did after he was moved from defense to special teams.  It could have still be a lot, I honestly don't know.  I know a lot of times guys recruit their position, so I'm not sure how that has worked the last year and a half.

Not sure there would be much interest in poaching a ST coach who chose to leave only 4 players on an island for that onside kick with a national tv audience watching the gator bowl.  And then there's that thing . . . uh, whatever it was . . . on 4th down during the Penn State game.  IMHO there certainly has been a pattern enough to suggest Inge may have been on the way out regardless.

Archived