IU vs Northwestern Game Thread

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was one who was excited about the Archie hire. I know he was only a mid-major coach, but figured if he had IU’s resources at his disposal then he’d be successful. I still want him to succeed so bad, but this really is hard to watch. Something that does make me think there’s an internal team issue is the fact that most of the players just seem like they don’t give a crap, especially the upperclassmen outside of Brunk.  Yes, I understand it’s Archie’s job to hold them accountable, and that’s what makes me torn on the matter. Is it the players fault for just not being good and not being the type of players who care about playing with max effort and passion? Or is it the coaches fault for not making them that way?

This literally makes me sick to my stomach. I have been on the CAM bandwagon but I’m about to turn to the dark side. I can’t believe how bad our offense is! They are not running anything against this zone except pass the ball around the perimeter. Surely someone on that bench can come up with something better than this. 

1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

Justin is a BIG problem on this team right now....among others. Came off the floor and buzzed by coach who was visibly talking to him...When he has the ball he is playing ME ball...This team is lost right now...

Imagine if the biggest mistake of Archie's career occurred before the first tip.  He should have cleaned house.

2 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

I was one who was excited about the Archie hire. I know he was only a mid-major coach, but figured if he had IU’s resources at his disposal then he’d be successful. I still want him to succeed so bad, but this really is hard to watch. Something that does make me think there’s an internal team issue is the fact that most of the players just seem like they don’t give a crap, especially the upperclassmen outside of Brunk.  Yes, I understand it’s Archie’s job to hold them accountable, and that’s what makes me torn on the matter. Is it the players fault for just not being good and not being the type of players who care about playing with max effort and passion? Or is it the coaches fault for not making them that way?

Team also had internal issues last year too....

Archived