Northwestern Postgame Thread

KDB

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Agreed.  I would play Race some too though.  I know he’s far from perfect but he seems to work hard and appears very coach able unlike the others.

I like Race’s energy and work ethic, but I’m going to lose it on the next layup he misses. If he can’t dunk the ball he won’t make. His touch around the basket is AWFUL! Now somebody correct me and tell me he’s shooting like 80% from the field. 😂

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, kyhoosier29 said:

I like Race’s energy and work ethic, but I’m going to lose it on the next layup he misses. If he can’t dunk the ball he won’t make. His touch around the basket is AWFUL! Now somebody correct me and tell me he’s shooting like 80% from the field. 😂

I think at one time we had missed 6 layups and a couple should have been 3 point plays

56 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

You're comparing apples to oranges here. Not only has college basketball changed in the last 24 years but so has society in general. Yes, you could argue that players magically getting into a time machine and traveling back to 1996 would obviously not perform well. The same could be said about basically any occupation today that was performed in 1996. You could also argue if in 1996 Bob Knight was magically time machined to coach this team he wouldn't be 12-3. He probably be 8-7.

I will stand by my comments. Most of the players on this team are soft, low basketball IQ, have no idea how to play as a team and have no self discipline. 

It does not matter what else this team does.  I will keep repeating this until someone listens.  A little confidence and seeing more threes go through the net will be the antidote to the problems now being faced.  Once this happens, the offense will flow much more smoothly.  Everything else will work itself out once this team can shoot a little better from the outside.

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Moye got me fired up and ready to go lace em up right. It that does not motivate you just s little Indiana is not the place for you.

I woulda ran thru a wall or listened to 4 Non Blondes every day to get the chance to play at IU.  But I was short and not near athletic enough...except for FCTC's 1st year, I might have been able to make that team.  I know heart will only take you so far, but can we get some guys that look loke they have a pulse at least?

2 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

I woulda ran thru a wall or listened to 4 Non Blondes every day to get the chance to play at IU.  But I was short and not near athletic enough...except for FCTC's 1st year, I might have been able to make that team.  I know heart will only take you so far, but can we get some guys that look loke they have a pulse at least?

4 Non Blondes huh?  man, you are tough!  

25 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

And so I wake in the morning
And I step outside
And I take a deep breath and I get real high
And I scream from the top of my lungs
What's going on?

took a girl way way out of my league to see 4 non blondes, very thankful i did. Thankful in deed!!

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

And so I wake in the morning
And I step outside
And I take a deep breath and I get real high
And I scream from the top of my lungs
What's going on?

took a girl way way out of my league to see 4 non blondes, very thankful i did. Thankful in deed!!

Huh....now that you write it down, that might be the last 4 years of IU basketball all summed up? 🤔🤣🤣

28 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

Not at all.  My wife tells me im softer than the easter bunny all the time, but i woulda suffered thru it to play for IU.

i see to remember this board nicknaming Watford "Cookies!"  soft as cookies.  LOL.  watching this year's team definitely makes you want to get real high and scream what's going on!?  especially when all of NW big men are in foul trouble and we shoot fade away jumpers!

20 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i see to remember this board nicknaming Watford "Cookies!"  soft as cookies.  LOL.  watching this year's team definitely makes you want to get real high and scream what's going on!?  especially when all of NW big men are in foul trouble and we shoot fade away jumpers!

NOOOO -- the "board" did not nickname him that, a knucklehead poster did, and ended up looking like a complete fool. 

When Wat started out at IU he would repeatedly get stuffed at the rim, and the PERCEPTION was that he couldn't defend. Look how that ended up. It's a message, if anything, about the way people refer to players when they're young, still inexperienced, or still developing.

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I don't know who was the tallest, shortest, heaviest, or smartest guy to ever wear a Hoosier uniform...

But I do know which one had the most heart...

With his motor he would have been an NBA player if he was just a little taller.  He still has one of my all time favorite Hoosier player quotes too.

On 1/8/2020 at 11:40 PM, BGleas said:

Agree. Of course injuries hurt him early, but he’s been back from numerous weeks now, and during three weeks of December there was only 1 game a week. So, the rust should be off now. 

This team desparetly needs him to be a catalyst on both ends, and we need his shooting.  

This IU team can beat anybody in the Country w/ Rob healthy & playing aggressive just like Sat!!!  Problem is, when he’s not healthy this team can lose to anybody & look like the 300+ Kenpom disrespect rating.  Devante will never be a leader but a dangerous threat off the bench scoring 20+ IF Rob is healthy!  As good as TJD has been, our 2020 season comes down to the HEALTH of ROB PHINISEE!!!  Not our BEST player BUT our MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER !!!  Hoping for good news after leaving the game gainst OSU!!!

Archived