Landen Jordan 2021-Signed LOI to Huntington

rico

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Put 25 pounds on this young man and his offers change.

It's not for lack of trying.....he eats everything in sight.  He has added some more muscle since last season though.  He may not be the stockiest big, but his physique helps him to be one of the fastest I've seen.  And that's definitely a unique strong suit at his position.

3 minutes ago, BasketballMomofIN said:

It's not for lack of trying.....he eats everything in sight.  He has added some more muscle since last season though.  He may not be the stockiest big, but his physique helps him to be one of the fastest I've seen.  And that's definitely a unique strong suit at his position.

Thanks for posting here and nothing but the best wishes to you and your family. Hope all high school kids can get their sports in!

How is Landen’s game coming along? Miss playing high school sports lol.

2 hours ago, BasketballMomofIN said:

Thanks so much!  We are so excited for this year's season.  Praying that they get to have a full season.  We lost 3 seniors, but have gained a couple freshman starters who look really good!  Can't wait!

Me and the GF are gonna have to travel up SR 205 to see your son play.  I always loved 'Busco's gym.  Best of luck this season.

47 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Thanks for posting here and nothing but the best wishes to you and your family. Hope all high school kids can get their sports in!

How is Landen’s game coming along? Miss playing high school sports lol.

He's stretching out a bit more, knowing that's what colleges are looking for.  Getting a bit better on his outside shot.  He's stronger and jumping higher (unbelievably).  :)

Seems like an impressive kid.  I hope this COVID stuff doesn't hurt him from a recruiting standpoint and getting the attention and notice from mid-high major programs.  He has the size and athleticism that is coveted and seems to have a great team first attitude. Has anyone on here other than mom :) seen him play in person?

2 hours ago, BasketballMomofIN said:

He's stretching out a bit more, knowing that's what colleges are looking for.  Getting a bit better on his outside shot.  He's stronger and jumping higher (unbelievably).  :)

Wow...if he jumps any higher they may have to make him wear a helmet! Lots of HS athletes have issues putting on weight. They just burn it so fast especially with his activity level certainly. Just keep him in the weight room when he can (strength will make up for his mass...especially down low in his legs where he can hold position). It’s not like his playing football...his quickness and athleticism will be evident to scouts and if he can at least keep from being rooted out and hold his position down there and finish through contact...his offers will keep coming.

He is an exciting kid...doesn’t need to make the leap to shooting 3s all at once...I’m sure the coaches are working on a 15 foot game and facing up...that’s enough to add until he masters that. I think kids get caught up trying to do too much too soon. Master their position...master a few moves so they just can’t take one thing away. Move going right and left...drop step, up and under...I’m sure all things part of his game but really working on perfecting those things will help him excel more so then just trying to keep expanding and expanding but never being really great at anything. After he has mastered of course the next step is to move out.

I think of Tim Duncan...the most boring player maybe in NBA history but so fundamentally sound and because of it basically unstoppable...he  mastered a few moves and became one of the all time greats. As he got better he moved further out on the floor with a jumper but man something special about a guy that was so fundamentally solid at his job that even without superior athleticism (although let’s not act like he wasn’t a gifted individual) opponents knew what was coming but couldn’t stop him. Good luck!

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Wow...if he jumps any higher they may have to make him wear a helmet! Lots of HS athletes have issues putting on weight. They just burn it so fast especially with his activity level certainly. Just keep him in the weight room when he can (strength will make up for his mass...especially down low in his legs where he can hold position). It’s not like his playing football...his quickness and athleticism will be evident to scouts and if he can at least keep from being rooted out and hold his position down there and finish through contact...his offers will keep coming.

He is an exciting kid...doesn’t need to make the leap to shooting 3s all at once...I’m sure the coaches are working on a 15 foot game and facing up...that’s enough to add until he masters that. I think kids get caught up trying to do too much too soon. Master their position...master a few moves so they just can’t take one thing away. Move going right and left...drop step, up and under...I’m sure all things part of his game but really working on perfecting those things will help him excel more so then just trying to keep expanding and expanding but never being really great at anything. After he has mastered of course the next step is to move out.

I think of Tim Duncan...the most boring player maybe in NBA history but so fundamentally sound and because of it basically unstoppable...he  mastered a few moves and became one of the all time greats. As he got better he moved further out on the floor with a jumper but man something special about a guy that was so fundamentally solid at his job that even without superior athleticism (although let’s not act like he wasn’t a gifted individual) opponents knew what was coming but couldn’t stop him. Good luck!

Thanks for all the kind words and great advice!  The best to you and yours!

2 hours ago, cybergates said:

Is this correct that he committed to Huntington?  If so, congratulations to Landen, you, your family and Huntington!

https://www.wfft.com/templates/AMP?contentID=572413211

This is a bit surprising considering he seems to be rising prospect that may have an opportunity at larger schools.  I wish him all the best though.  

15 minutes ago, Iuhoopsfan said:

This is a bit surprising considering he seems to be rising prospect that may have an opportunity at larger schools.  I wish him all the best though.  

Something tells me he will end up at a bigger school...TBH, there are ways lots better small schools out there than Huntington.

Congratulations to him furthering his education and playing career.  I wouldn't be surprised to see some mid-major offers come in.  Surprised an Indiana State or Evansville haven't offered.  With his size, athleticism and willingness to put in the work to improve I could see him being a transfer candidate very quickly from a school like Huntington.

10 minutes ago, rico said:

I attended the school for a semester...unless Landen is really super-religious, he will not like it there.

We are a very faith-filled family.  Landen started his high school career at Concordia Lutheran H.S., my husband's alma mater.  The fact that HU is a Christian college is really an added bonus for him and us.  

4 minutes ago, BasketballMomofIN said:

We are a very faith-filled family.  Landen started his high school career at Concordia Lutheran H.S., my husband's alma mater.  The fact that HU is a Christian college is really an added bonus for him and us.  

That is great...I apologize for even saying what I did.

9 minutes ago, BasketballMomofIN said:

Congratulations. Sounds like a young man it is easy to be proud of!

Archived