Pre-Game Thread - tOSU@IU - 1/11/2020

rico

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

10:00 a.m. MounTain Time

Home game.  Yeah.   Students back.  Double Yeah (yeah)

National TV.  Fox.  Gus Johnson Ooh, Ooh Olidipooooo !

Basketball reunion.   Halftime.

Bobby Knight ?  Some say it may happen.

Well not all students will be back on Saturday but probably a lot will be

Wonder if Young will be back for OSU because he does all the little things that helps teams win.  I am looking to see if DG starts or what kind of minutes he plays.  Also I want to see if the rotations are shortened and who gets the minutes.  Right now both teams are not playing very well or shooting the ball well so I would guess whoever is able to start shooting better will win the game.

IU 64

OSU 60

I’m hoping RMK is there for one and takes the Mic and says...When my time on earth is gone and my activity’s here are past I want they bury me in Bloomington,Indiana so my IU fans can come and see my a**....that would probably raise the roof up a bit...I’m hoping for a performance similar to the Florida St. game.

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

The ones with tickets better find their way back for this game.

Home crowd energy and a late3 by AL Lifts the Hoosiers to victory 72-71

I would assume most of the out of state students will be back but the ones from in state like might not go back until Sunday which is what my daughter is doing.

Just now, HoosierJax said:

I’m hoping RMK is there for one and takes the Mic and says...When my time on earth is gone and my activity’s here are past I want they bury me in Bloomington,Indiana so my IU fans can come and see my a**....that would probably raise the roof up a bit...I’m hoping for a performance similar to the Florida St. game.

He needs to go to the mike and say Archie is my coach and if he goes I go like they did in Hoosiers

Archie said it best, the crowd at AH on Wednesday was just waiting for IU to do something, anything to cheer for.  OSU on a major skid, IU can take advantage , and set themselves up well for the start of BIG play.

Personally win or lose I’m more interested if Archie backs up what he says he needs to do in his post game.  

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would assume most of the out of state students will be back but the ones from in state like might not go back until Sunday which is what my daughter is doing.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought this game was not part of the student ticket package, so I wouldn’t expect a lot of students at the game if that’s the case.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Wonder if Young will be back for OSU because he does all the little things that helps teams win.  I am looking to see if DG starts or what kind of minutes he plays.  Also I want to see if the rotations are shortened and who gets the minutes.  Right now both teams are not playing very well or shooting the ball well so I would guess whoever is able to start shooting better will win the game.

IU 64

OSU 60

Young had a appendicitis about a week ago.

Even if he’s back, he won’t be 100%.

The one thing about OSU is that they are terrible defensively in the paint. Get Wesson in any kind of foul trouble....TJD, Brunk, and Smith should dominate 

Just now, JugRox said:

The one thing about OSU is that they are terrible defensively in the paint. Get Wesson in any kind of foul trouble....TJD, Brunk, and Smith should dominate 

I agree about Wesson because without him they will be in trouble.  I was watching OSU last game and they said Young did practice some but was not ready to come back yet.

2 minutes ago, JugRox said:

Yep...and we're much deeper than they are down low too...

OSU was one of the teams I think De'Ron will come in handy. Get him in there and let him belly buck with Wesson. Last year as I recall, he had 2 pretty decent games against the Buckeyes.

We're all going to be watching for some kind of shake up, a difference in lineups, certain players getting more run.

What we won't see is how the players practiced leading up to this game. What impact did CAM's post-game presser and his demands in practice have on getting the players to bring their A game, intensity, etc. 

I've been pretty vocal (to borrow a Gleas line) about changes I'd like to see, going away from the 3-big lineup as a starting and primary lineup. I don't like it, period. I think it is killing our offense, and that B1G coaches, and for sure OSU, are ready to exploit it.

But I'll also be watching, regardless of lineups, for how the guys on the floor play, whoever they are. If the same lineup (please no, but oh well), what actions etc. are they running to change how the lineup works? 

And get the W! I don't care how we get there. I don't care if it's by 1 or 10, just get the W

13 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Seems like a must win for Archie.  Isn’t he like 0-5 against Holtmann?

Archie is 0-4 lifetime against Holtmann. Holtmann never coached against Archie when he was at Gardner-Webb or Butler & CAM was at Dayton so Holtmann's 4-0 mark is all Ohio St. over Indiana.

January 30, 2018: Indiana 56 @ Ohio St. 71
February 23, 2018: Ohio St. 80 @ Indiana 78 (2OT)
February 10, 2019: Ohio St. 55 @ Indiana 52
March 14, 2019: Ohio St. 79, Indiana 75 (Big 10 Tournament, United Center, Chicago IL)

The optimist in me says IU could easily be 3-1 in those 4 games instead of 0-4. Also sort of interesting is the breakdown of the halves in all 4 games:

First Half: Ohio St. 129, Indiana 105
Second Half: Indiana 141, Ohio St. 139
Overtime: Ohio St. 17, Indiana 15

1 hour ago, hoosiermd said:

Archie is 0-4 lifetime against Holtmann. Holtmann never coached against Archie when he was at Gardner-Webb or Butler & CAM was at Dayton so Holtmann's 4-0 mark is all Ohio St. over Indiana.

January 30, 2018: Indiana 56 @ Ohio St. 71
February 23, 2018: Ohio St. 80 @ Indiana 78 (2OT)
February 10, 2019: Ohio St. 55 @ Indiana 52
March 14, 2019: Ohio St. 79, Indiana 75 (Big 10 Tournament, United Center, Chicago IL)

The optimist in me says IU could easily be 3-1 in those 4 games instead of 0-4. Also sort of interesting is the breakdown of the halves in all 4 games:

First Half: Ohio St. 129, Indiana 105
Second Half: Indiana 141, Ohio St. 139
Overtime: Ohio St. 17, Indiana 15

IU easily could at least be 2-2 in those games. Both games at Assembly hall have been last second wins for OSU. The first year Morgan scored in the post to put us up 2 with six seconds left and then flexed instead of running back and the team didn't pick up quickly enough and the PG from OSU hit a thirty footer to win it....

Last year we had a defensive lapse and Andre Wesson slipped a ball screen and was all alone and laid it in for the victory....both could have easily been wins with slightly better execution

Archived