Pre-Game Thread - tOSU@IU - 1/11/2020

rico

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am wondering how many people are trying to buy some tickets late since they think RMK will be there.

Same ticket on stubhub that was going for $46 (single) on Tuesday is going for $150+....and others are far more. There are some that are still listed reasonably ($60-$80) but clearly the sellers are out in full force try to take advantage.

Regarding game. Our season is in that flux mode. If I could ever beg for a quick start it would be tomorrow....knock down some early shots and get the crowd going. I've been in that building so many times you can feel the angst building and opposing teams thrive off of it. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Same ticket on stubhub that was going for $46 (single) on Tuesday is going for $150+....and others are far more. There are some that are still listed reasonably ($60-$80) but clearly the sellers are out in full force try to take advantage.

Regarding game. Our season is in that flux mode. If I could ever beg for a quick start it would be tomorrow....knock down some early shots and get the crowd going. I've been in that building so many times you can feel the angst building and opposing teams thrive off of it. 

It seems like lately it is not the start that we have trouble with but it is after we get up early that has been the problem.

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

10:00 a.m. MounTain Time

Home game.  Yeah.   Students back.  Double Yeah (yeah)

National TV.  Fox.  Gus Johnson Ooh, Ooh Olidipooooo !

Basketball reunion.   Halftime.

Bobby Knight ?  Some say it may happen.

Some students may be back but this game was not in the student season ticket package.  It was included in the mini-series package.

i really hate playing a team that is on a losing streak.  I know we're at home but i am a little nervouse we let this get out of hand and they bury 3 after 3 on us.  I really hope we come out energized and with a good offensive scheme to get TDJ the ball on the block over and over.  Lets own the paint, hits some shots, and play with heart.

I'm watching this game for shortened rotations, a much higher level of energy and intensity and to see if a cohesive unit develops. Stick to a core group, do what we do, and play with infinitely more intensity and purpose and IU can win this. 

I actually hate that we're playing OSU in this one. Not because I'm worried about OSU, they're reeling too, but I think Archie can win back some 'street cred' with fans win or lose if he delivers on his postgame message from Wednesday, but I fear that doesn't work against OSU because the Holtmann fans will be out in full force if IU loses. 

Last game of the mini series package.  I've been telling Little Keet RMK stories in hopes it's true that he is going to be there.  

Winning this one would sure be like a breath of fresh air for the season.  Here's hoping it happens.  

I too am looking forward to seeing how the minutes are divided tomorrow.  I guess I need to start studying up on body language theory too so that I can make decisions about players mindset by how they hold their shoulders and such.  

Suckeyes finally on their way to Bloomy. I know I'm nuts, but I live on the far east side of town, and sometimes when 737s carrying opponents approaching from the east, they fly directly overhead and it's kinda cool. Yes, Bloomington is still a small town with not much going on sometimes. Lol. 

download.png

6 minutes ago, BEKA said:

Suckeyes finally on their way to Bloomy. I know I'm nuts, but I live on the far east side of town, and sometimes when 737s carrying opponents approach the tiny westside airport, they fly directly overhead and it's kinda cool. Yes, Bloomington is still a small town with not much going on sometimes. Lol. 

download.png

Suckeye flying weather too...

5 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Gotcha.  Still....Gotta be louder than our last game.

As someone that was in attendance for the last game, fans were not the issue.  Once the team actually started showing up everyone was standing and cheering.  As I posted in the game thread someone in my section stated the game was “worse than sitting through church”.  While AH is always more rowdy with the students there we would have all been standing if any reasonable product would have been on the floor.

11 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm honestly a little surprised they fly.  That's just like what...a 4-5 hour drive?

Even Northwestern flies in and out. The Bloomington airport, which is basically a private Cook, Inc. property, added a runway awhile back to accommodate takeoffs/landings for planes as large as 737s. I'm sure that there were some deals ($$$) behind the scenes to make it feasible. I do know that folks that live on the westside are often caught off guard with such large aircraft flying in and out during football and bball seasons.  

Have never seen a game from Assembly hall. Have been there numerous times for Hoosier Hysteria or just to play around. Seen a few IU/UK games at the old Hoosier Dome.

Just bought tickets to see my first game at the Carnegie Hall of basketball. I'm like a kid in a candy store. I'm probably going to be up all night.

I cant sleep. My wife, who is from Illinois doesnt understand. Because Illinois sucks,enough said.

Archived