Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

rico

Pre-Game Thread - tOSU@IU - 1/11/2020

Well its game day...biggest question to me is not what team is going to play for IU today,but if the General is going to grace Hoosier Nation with an appearance at the Hall...come on "insiders"...whats the latest 

Edited by HoosierJax

4 minutes ago, rico said:

I am getting nervous.  Got the pre-game jitters.  A beer will help me...

It’s 5 o’clock somewhere. Works well at 10am with eggs n hotsauce. 

IU used a man to man press in the last 11 minutes of the NW game which seemed to keep the team more engaged and was a big factor in turning the game around. We became less passive.  Hope we see more of that during today's game.

7 minutes ago, Inequality said:

It’s 5 o’clock somewhere. Works well at 10am with eggs n hotsauce. 

LOL...that is exactly what I had!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rogermci said:

IU used a man to man press in the last 11 minutes of the NW game which seemed to keep the team more engaged and was a big factor in turning the game around. We became less passive.  Hope we see more of that during today's game.

Start out that way though. Play the first five like the last five. Knock em on their heels from the beginning.

Instead it’s like two dogs sniffing each other’s butts trying to figure each other out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rogermci said:

I would use that in spurts.

13 minutes ago, mjeze106 said:

Who the hell told Rick Bob Knight isn’t gonna be there?  I want to know.  They were from Indiana right?  No.  Weren’t from Indiana?  And he didn’t get it from anybody at Indiana did he? There are only 2 people in the world who are gonna tell you Bob’s not gonna be there.  One is our Sid and the other is Bob Knight.  Now just sit there or leave.  I don’t give a bleep which you do.

• Haha 6

Starting with the pessimist in me. Although at home, I sense a parallel w/the WI debacle in that OSU, like UW, comes on a skein of poor play, especially as it relates to FG%. Hopefully, this isn't the game where they get off the ice cold shooting snide and reign down 3s on us.

More optimistically, if they aren't at 100% and still don't fire on all cylinders, this is a golden opportunity to protect home court and inject some positive momentum at time we so badly need it. I'm most interested to see if we can show sustained positive attitude and intensity. 

• Like 1

I want to believe our team will come out fighting and sustain effort.  Yet, we haven't seen enough competitive spirit the last 4 seasons to expect that they will.  Despite that observation, I predict they bring some fire and find their shooting touch to win 73-68  

13 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

All players are dressed and warming up

I didn’t think anyone was leaving personally.

I’m interested who’s in the starting lineup

• Like 1