Poster on TOS says 2 players "offered" their release from bball team.....

eddy4iu

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I don't ever visit that site.  For those that do, is the poster who started the thread on THAT site reliable?  

I know Eddie is reliable on here.

I looked at it but don't remember anything about that poster.  there were a few on there that were reliable but most of the things that are posted on there are not.  If true we all know who that would be but it would hard to see seniors leaving at the end of their last semester. 

Not to cause too much in speculation, but if this is true.....this ain't good. 

It won't be Davis.  If he's decided his body has had enough, he could just walk away.  There would be no need to offer him a release.

Doubtful it's Green.  He's in the same situation.  Why offer to release a kid that has one semester of eligibility? If you cut him, he's done. On to the G-League or overseas ball.

This is a completely dark scenario, but if Rob's struggles have been due to post concussion syndrome, again, he'd likely walk away if it were that bad.  Same with Hunter and the DVT.   And the odds of the two of them being malcontents to the point you'd want to give them the boot seem impossible.

That leaves Smith, Race, Damezi, Aarman, Al, Brunk and TJD.  I'd put Brunk in the all but impossible category with Rob.  Plus, he's only been here a semester and has done pretty well. 

So really, it boils down to 6: Smith, Race, Damezi, Aarman, Al and TJD.  Losing two of them would range somewhere between a mere loss of depth to Chernobyl.

And I ain't speculating beyond that.  

1 minute ago, IUskim said:

My only question is what does offered a release mean? The player either request it and it’s granted or the staff just says thank you for your time but your services are no longer needed. 

The coaches asked the players if they wanted to be released from their scholarship so they could transfer instead of the player asking. Sounds like some good ol Creaning. 

2 minutes ago, IUskim said:

My only question is what does offered a release mean? The player either request it and it’s granted or the staff just says thank you for your time but your services are no longer needed. 

Assuming it's somewhere in between.  "You're welcome to stay, but you're going to be facing a drastic change in your minutes.  If you're unhappy, we will not prevent your transfer."

25 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I looked at it but don't remember anything about that poster.  there were a few on there that were reliable but most of the things that are posted on there are not.  If true we all know who that would be but it would hard to see seniors leaving at the end of their last semester. 

That site is good and everyone misses Scott. Somebody was asking about Scott yesterday 

Just now, Zlinedavid said:

Assuming it's somewhere in between.  "You're welcome to stay, but you're going to be facing a drastic change in your minutes.  If you're unhappy, we will not prevent your transfer."

This is probably accurate and Archie has all but confirmed this might be the case. He stated that the 11 man rotation probably wasn't realistic moving forward. 

Exactly.  All I could think of was it has something to do with that "student atlete bill of rights" thing.  Could it be that it had to be "cleared" through the AD office and this is the prescribed way?

Still, it's a head scratcher about who it may involve.

Either do it my way or we thank you for your service and you can move on. Kids who have never been told no or dealt with repercussions of their actions find themselves in a very uncomfortable game of poker. Archie knows he'll be around so he can say this. Kids? Time for them to change or hit the road. Don't mind it one bit.

Just now, Zuckerkorn said:

Exactly.  All I could think of was it has something to do with that "student atlete bill of rights" thing.  Could it be that it had to be "cleared" through the AD office and this is the prescribed way?

Still, it's a head scratcher about who it may involve.

Has nothing to do with the bill of rights. 

Once again I was not in the room just passing along some tidbits. Nothing earth shattering from what i hear, but there were several 1 on 1 meetings and some were told that if they did not want to be a part of it. There is the door. Not sure if any are going to take CAM up on it, but i think it came from some comments after the game when many were still fired up but not in say a positive way. I don't think anything comes from it and have not heard which players but several had meetings. 

3 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

The coaches asked the players if they wanted to be released from their scholarship so they could transfer instead of the player asking. Sounds like some good ol Creaning. 

I think that you could characterize a scenario that way, or remember that Knight did the same thing over and over with players. He offered to help plenty of players find other places to play...Off the top of my head, Landon Turner, Charlie Miller, and Andrae Patterson...

Could be the coaching we have been hoping for....or maybe it didn't happen at all...

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Once again I was not in the room just passing along some tidbits. Nothing earth shattering from what i hear, but there were several 1 on 1 meetings and some were told that if they did not want to be a part of it. There is the door. Not sure if any are going to take CAM up on it, but i think it came from some comments after the game when many were still fired up but not in say a positive way. I don't think anything comes from it and have not heard which players but several had meetings. 

From the outside looking in the only that really looks like they haven’t bought in was green and that only seems recent. It looks like even though they haven’t got much playing time they’ve at least are trying to improve ie Damezi but again that’s just outside looking in. 

Archived