Poster on TOS says 2 players "offered" their release from bball team.....

eddy4iu

48 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think I started on there around 97 or 98 when it was Peegs and it was pretty good back then.  I think when I started were recruiting George Leach and kept up with that on that site.  Back then I was young and started a battle with one of those old time RMK guys because I was suggesting that maybe it was time for a coaching change.  His user name was Gorjko and he was very opinionated and he totally tried to destroy me.

Ahhh yes.  I remember that poster.  In those days I was mostly a lurker.  There was also a Indystar message board back in the early 2000's.  Then there was the splinter group of dissidents that started that hooploops ("claire bee") thing.  I believe at least one of those loons posts on GBI now (maybe the one formerly known as "ducatti"?).

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found this post from the "other" IU site, intriguing. 

100% true not gonna give up my source. No players have asked for their release. Two have been offered their release..

If all this is actually true, it says to me that Archie has finally had enough! He has witnessed that there IS cancer on this team and wants it removed immediately before is spreads further. I say do it, Dr. Miller....

13 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If Archie told them they were no longer in the rotation, I can see it.  What senior who is used to playing is going to be happy at the end of the bench.

What senior or Senior captain seats on his arse while the rest of the team is up cheering the players on the floor

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

You cant control your emotions until after the season. If anyone takes the up coach up on that offer they have not bought in anyway 

It is obvious they had this same problem last year so at the end of last year I would had made that same offer if this is true.

3 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

What senior or Senior captain seats on his arse while the rest of the team is up cheering the players on the floor

Archie was already furious about the play and likely had not even seen the picture yet when he lit up the locker room.  If/When he saw the picture, he had to blow a complete gasket.

If Archie did in fact ..."light up the locker room like a Christmas tree",......I'm sure some players got pi$$ed for getting singled out in front everyone. Many kids now days can't handle being barked at and confronted by a coach for their poor performance on and off the court. There is too much coddling by parents, travel and HS coaches!!!! 

5 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

You’re assuming based on a completely unsubstantiated post, that is what it is 

@Billingsley99 is not a troll and has some good connections around the state. He did not unfairly name any names.  Put your attorney hat down for a minute and accept that not every little detail has to be 100% shared to make it true.  

Just now, milehiiu said:

A picture is truly a shot in time.  Here's what I see.  A ton of walk on's , with no shot of getting on the court. Becoming cheerleaders for guys who actually can get on the court.

Respectfully, mile, to Green and Davis’ right, Damezi and Hunter are standing, and they are scholarship players who also haven’t gotten a ton of minutes, either. They are standing. Depending on what point of the game that is, it might well be a time when, objectively speaking, the team *had* to stand. 

I know you’re a Davis guy, I have been a big fan throughout his tenure, but, regardless of what the snapshot could mean to any one of us, it doesn’t appear to be a good look from those two young men.

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

A picture is truly a shot in time.  Here's what I see.  A ton of walk on's , with no shot of getting on the court. Becoming cheerleaders for guys who actually can get on the court.

To Davis's left?  Yeah...but look to Green's right.  That is 2 scholarship players. 

1 minute ago, zerawkid said:

Respectfully, mile, to Green and Davis’ right, Damezi and Hunter are standing, and they are scholarship players who also haven’t gotten a ton of minutes, either. They are standing. Depending on what point of the game that is, it might well be a time when, objectively speaking, the team *had* to stand. 

I know you’re a Davis guy, I have been a big fan throughout his tenure, but, regardless of what the snapshot could mean to any one of us, it doesn’t appear to be a good look from those two young men.

Again. A shot in time. Standing. Why ?  Because they have just come off the court ?  Could be the reason why.

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Again. A shot in time. Standing. Why ?  Because they have just come off the court ?  Could be the reason why.

Let’s see if we can break through some of the conjecture, see if IUCrazy can tell us more about when, in the course of the game, this happened.

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Once again I was not in the room just passing along some tidbits. Nothing earth shattering from what i hear, but there were several 1 on 1 meetings and some were told that if they did not want to be a part of it. There is the door. Not sure if any are going to take CAM up on it, but i think it came from some comments after the game when many were still fired up but not in say a positive way. I don't think anything comes from it and have not heard which players but several had meetings. 

Let me speculate some more just for the hell of it.

What can meeting with 'several' players mean.  It could mean players 'a' and 'b' were told to expect increased time on the bench and were offered a way out.  

In response to that, players 'c' and 'd' were met with and told to expect more playing time and responsibility.  

And, maybe player 'e' and 'f' as players the coach looks to for leadership were met with as a way to keep a pulse on how the rest of the team is reacting.

Boom.  Archie meets with several players.

It's a theory that would not hold up in court, but luckily I'm not a member of the bar.

The picture thing is nonsense. It's just one moment in time. Watch the game, and you'll see plenty of instances when both Green and De'Ron were cheering right along with the rest of their teammates. Those moments aren't being screen-grabbed and posted to social media because they don't fit a certain narrative. This picture might as well be an ink blot, because it serves whatever confirmation bias you wish to bring to it.

I see Devonte clapping along with everyone else. I see that he doesn't have his warm-ups on, likely indicating he just came out of the game. He played 20 minutes, more than everyone else within the frame of that picture combined. The reason he's sitting could be as simply as the fact that he's getting some needed rest. It doesn't need to be any more complicated than that.

1 minute ago, Maedhros said:

The picture thing is nonsens. It's just one moment in time. Watch the game, and you'll see plenty of instances when both Green and De'Ron were cheering right along with the rest of their teammates. Those moments aren't being screen-grabbed and posted to social media because they don't fit a narrative. This picture might as well be an ink blot, because it's confirmation bias for whatever you want to see. I see Devonte clapping along with everyone else. I see that he doesn't have his warm-ups on, likely indicating he just came out of the game. He played 20 minutes, more than everyone else within the frame of that picture combined. The reason he's sitting could be as simply as the fact that he's getting some needed rest. It doesn't need to be any more complicated than that.

I agree. I always hate those snapshots in time with no context, no before, no after. Totally unfair to make assumptions on that.

1 minute ago, Maedhros said:

The picture thing is nonsens. It's just one moment in time. Watch the game, and you'll see plenty of instances when both Green and De'Ron were cheering right along with the rest of their teammates. Those moments aren't being screen-grabbed and posted to social media because they don't fit a narrative. This picture might as well be an ink blot, because it's confirmation bias for whatever you want to see. I see Devonte clapping along with everyone else. I see that he doesn't have his warm-ups on, likely indicating he just came out of the game. He played 20 minutes, more than everyone else within the frame of that picture combined. The reason he's sitting could be as simply as the fact that he's getting some needed rest. It doesn't need to be any more complicated than that.

Thankyou. I attempted to find some You Tube snip its. But short of a full game, I failed.  I DO recall De'Ron cheering.

Archived