Poster on TOS says 2 players "offered" their release from bball team.....

eddy4iu

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, rico said:

We need to quit being so hard on DeRon...he didn't have to stay.

Adding to that.  Archie should have redshirted De'Ron.... the year after his major injury.  Bringing him back for that year, did more harm than good, IMHO. And Archie has admitted as much.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Adding to that.  Archie should have redshirted De'Ron.... the year after his major injury.  Bringing him back for that year, did more harm than good, IMHO. And Archie has admitted as much.

No time to worry about the past...

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I'll just say this with all due respect. De'Ron probably declined. I know he's local to you and I get that.....but Davis isn't a stranger to Kirkwood/Walnut St every night of the week. His injuries have been tough for sure but it's not like he's been rehabbing or working on his game or whatever it takes to be the best like Vic or Jordy or Cody.....just my 2 cents.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll just say this with all due respect. De'Ron probably declined. I know he's local to you and I get that.....but Davis isn't a stranger to Kirkwood/Walnut St every night of the week. His injuries have been tough for sure but it's not like he's been rehabbing or working on his game or whatever it takes to be the best like Vic or Jordy or Cody.....just my 2 cents.

Begging your pardon. But neither Vic or Hulls suffered the kind of injuries, that De'Ron has gone through.

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

9 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Begging your pardon. But neither Vic or Hulls suffered the kind of injuries, that De'Ron has gone through.

E16D7BE9-8131-41C4-8ADB-DDB5162B45F9.gif.6cf4a2b8e8a613f57cf45b9b1eda5b98.gif

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Well aware and hate to see his time in Bloomington be one injury after another. Like with many injuries....sometimes it's the preventative work that goes in before to avoid them. 

21 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

What's this for? I know Mile's history with De'ron. I'm being very respectful. Gif's like that imply something different. 

Just having some fun. Didn’t mean to imply that you weren’t being respectful. Just aware of how passionate and defensive Mile is of DeRon. 

Love both you guys. 

6 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Just having some fun. Didn’t mean to imply that you weren’t being respectful. Just aware of how passionate and defensive Mile is of DeRon. 

Love both you guys. 

All good! Just wanted to make sure. Text and type doesn't usually come across the right way sometimes. I really like Davis. His impact in that Duke game showed how important he could be. I think we were +15 when he was on the court....but cheap fouls took him out. I just want the kid to go out on a high note.

6 minutes ago, IUskim said:

so just FYI to those who don’t think what is said on message boards don’t get to the players. This is what Davis posted on his Instagram story....
A99DD6ED-E5DB-4778-9D65-482E56481C47.thumb.png.71ff4a0f84e6e9da17dfdd07fcf23d1e.png

You know, I like him. 

I think I am going to back away from IU.  I have not liked the product on the floor, it is not fun anymore, and having talks about the stuff ends up hurting feelings that maybe you do not intend to.

This crap is way less serious then we take it.  I am going to try and just take less time worrying about it. 

1 minute ago, IUskim said:

so just FYI to those who don’t think what is said on message boards don’t get to the players. This is what Davis posted on his Instagram story....
A99DD6ED-E5DB-4778-9D65-482E56481C47.thumb.png.71ff4a0f84e6e9da17dfdd07fcf23d1e.png

Ugh. Well, to be fair, that’s not really the point the majority of people in this thread were making. People were condemning his lack of investment in that big moment in the game the other night. And, seemingly in the go-ahead shot against ND. It’s a pattern that isn’t going to make fans all that pleased. There’s been plenty to be grumpy about, these moments were not among those.

Most of us aren’t down on Deron as a guy, nor what he’s given to the program. What I will say is this: he plays a sport at a high level at a program with a LOT of visibility. When committed to such a prestigious endeavor, we want to see that it’s truly a privilege he is not taking for granted. A lot of young people out there work really hard and never get that opportunity.

You don’t get to hunker down and hope nobody notices, whether it’s convenient or not, people are watching. I have worked the better part of the last twenty years as a professional stage actor. If I was having a bad day, if something really terrible was happening in my personal life, I sure as heck knew I couldn’t take that onto stage with me. The court, and yes, even the bench, is a stage for these fellas.

That said, I hope his fortunes shift. I still hope there’s a way for him to contribute. I certainly wish him all the best as he continues down his own path through life. I’ll never forget the grit, heart, and passion he filled his IU jersey with.

11 minutes ago, IUskim said:

Yeah, doesn't matter if he saw it on Twitter, Peegs, HSN or Facebook.  Your public posts can do damage and it seems some folks forget what it's like to be 18-22.

It's worse when you're that age and subject to relentless pressure and criticism.  So disappointed in the over-the-top negativity toward the players, even when we feel it's deserved.  I understand disappointment in the overall product and results, but singling them out, wishing them gone, etc. is just over the top and I wish that part would go away.

Archived