Poster on TOS says 2 players "offered" their release from bball team.....

eddy4iu

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I think I started on there around 97 or 98 when it was Peegs and it was pretty good back then.  I think when I started were recruiting George Leach and kept up with that on that site.  Back then I was young and started a battle with one of those old time RMK guys because I was suggesting that maybe it was time for a coaching change.  His user name was Gorjko and he was very opinionated and he totally tried to destroy me.

No. The Hoosier started out much later than that.  After Peegs moved from Rivals to CBS.  At first was offered to a good friend of mine. Who turned it down. To take a reporter job in Alaska.  He recommended two friends of his to take the gig. It was offered and accepted to them.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

No. The Hoosier started out much later than that.  After Peegs moved from Rivals to CBS.  At first was offered to a good friend of mine. Who turned it down. To take a reporter job in Alaska.  He recommended two friends of his to take the gig. It was offered and accepted to them.

I know I was on a message board at that time and I thought it was Peegs

I just want to have player son this team who are liked minded who want to play for each other and not themselves.  If Archie did have a come to Jesus meeting I am looking to see who could handle it and come out and play on fire.  It will be interesting to see if anyone still comes out and play with no heart or determination.

10 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Going out on the speculation limb here. If true.   To say one of the two is Smith.  I love the kid.  But man. We have seen how his dad has gotten into his mind. And not in a positive way.

I 100% think it is Green and Davis. 

22 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Chris on BB, who is clearly in the know, said Archie lit the whole team up like a Christmas tree after the game Wednesday.  Said he hadn’t heard of anything like it since the RMK days.

Well Chris appears to be in the know....I’m not so sure that CAM didn’t get some advice from RMK...he’s only a couple miles down the road

I was wondering if it were the seniors that gave the release to has anything to do with the Bill of Rights.  If the kids just comes out and quits would the Bill of Rights not come into play.  If they get their release and wanted to finish the semester then they would still remain on scholarship.

35 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Chris on BB, who is clearly in the know, said Archie lit the whole team up like a Christmas tree after the game Wednesday.  Said he hadn’t heard of anything like it since the RMK days.

Yes heard something very similar which is what led to the 1 on 1 meetings not all meetings were bad from what gather but this is not coming directly from anyone that was in the room

21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I know I was on a message board at that time and I thought it was Peegs

A full two weeks before Peegs left for CBS.... my friend told me it was going to happen.  At the time. I kept it quiet. Except to report it to my fellow mods at that time. Some dismissed it. Others said wait and see.  Though it was hard to believe, what with Peegs being an essential part of Rivals for so long.... in the end it proved to be true.

Chris just said that all the transfer talk happened in the locker room and not in the 1 on 1's. Those did happen with a few players though. In the locker room Archie basically said "if you want to transfer bring me your papers and I'll sign them myself. Then we can find you a nice place to play."

If there's any truth to this it seems almost certain Green is one of them.If the people saying he refused to go back in the game are correct, then this makes a lot of sense. 

The Smith speculation doesn't make any sense. He played great down the stretch of that game. You don't have him in if you're so angry you want to kick him off the team. I assume Archie is the one that picks who talks to the press after each game too, you don't pick him if you're thinking about kicking him.

3 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Chris just said that all the transfer talk happened in the locker room and not in the 1 on 1's. Those did happen with a few players though. In the locker room Archie basically said "if you want to transfer bring me your papers and I'll sign them myself. Then we can find you a nice place to play."

@milehiiu this post clarifies the situation a bit. 

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Two Seniors. One of which is a captain.  This late ?  Just does not make sense to me. 

If Archie told them they were no longer in the rotation, I can see it.  What senior who is used to playing is going to be happy at the end of the bench.

1 minute ago, HoosierDom said:

If there's any truth to this it seems almost certain Green is one of them.If the people saying he refused to go back in the game are correct, then this makes a lot of sense. 

The Smith speculation doesn't make any sense. He played great down the stretch of that game. You don't have him in if you're so angry you want to kick him off the team. I assume Archie is the one that picks who talks to the press after each game too, you don't pick him if you're thinking about kicking him.

Point on Smith. Well taken. Yet, I can't dismiss how much his father has gotten into his head. Plus the fact that he would have time, after a transfer.

9 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I guess I am out of the loop but who is Chris

7 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

The press request who to speak to and it goes through IU spokesman 

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess I am out of the loop but who is Chris

Chris 007 on Btown Banners. Pretty sure he works at IU and knows people. He's pretty in the know on what's going on. His info about this came from someone in the locker room after the game. 

Just now, DC2345 said:

Chris 007 on Btown Banners. Pretty sure he works at IU and knows people. He's pretty in the know on what's going on. His info about this came from someone in the locker room.

Thanks, you would think if he works at IU he would be careful posting things like this

56 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Good.

Frankly, any sense of entitlement any of those guys have as an IU player is completely unearned by them to this point.  Those guys that came before them did not just roll out of bed and win titles and games because they had INDIANA across their chest, it takes a bunch of hard work and dedication to working on your craft to attain that level of excellence.  That is a big thing missing from this team, some players who know what kind of work ethic is needed to win.

Bring in Oladipo and have him explain how much time he and his teammates spent putting up shots to improve.  He is still young so maybe they connect to him.  The Knight players basically went through a 4 year boot camp. 

I would hope that the players would at least have enough respect for themselves to not mail it in, forget letting down everyone who came before you.

Archived