South Florida Game Thread

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Idiots sitting behind me. Had to bite my tongue.

idiot 1: gotta give Archie time. 

Idiot 2: this is Indiana. You don’t get time. Should have brought in Alford. 

Idiot 1: at least he would have filled the seats. 

Yes, sometimes our fan base gets to much credit for having basketball knowledge.

2 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Alford?!!

tenor.gif?itemid=5267724

I'm not sure he survives the season at UCLA. Kinda scary that fans in the stand actually view Alford as a viable alternative.

23 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

It's funny how it seems whoever gets badmouthed (Morgan and Johnson) plays better and whoever gets praised (Green) lays an egg next game.

THE WHOLE TEAM PLAYED TERRIBLE!!!  THEY ARE SOFTER THAN A BABIES BUTT CHEEK!!!  NOBODY CAN SHOOT! NOBODY CAN PLAY D!  BRING BACK THE BASEBALL TEAM!!!!  

Okay, we're good for next game 😉

10 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Sunday night free ticket folks. They won't be back. Haha..

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Alford?!!

tenor.gif?itemid=5267724

I'm not sure he survives the season at UCLA. Kinda scary that fans in the stand actually view Alford as a viable alternative.

A friend used to have tickets in the first couple rows in section H, before he moved. I used them a couple times and we were up 30 and this season ticket holder behind us was just ripping every play. So, yes we have those fans to.

I would love to see RoJo bring this kind of effort and determination night in and night out. He has the talent just hasn’t shown it consistently. Green needs to see the bench, he’s played awful defense and doesn’t take care of the ball. He shown flashes of being a big time scorer but needs to let the game come to him and work on the intangibles. Morgan and Davis played amazing in the second half. Really the defense (except for Green) was incredible tonight. The only knock was giving up too many second chance points in the first half. Finally something to build on. Go Hoosiers, great win tonight 

Very up and down game and uneven performance, but very encouraging to see RoJo and Morgan play so well in the second half. IU needs that kind of play from them the majority of the time. I think Archie also found that McSwain is not the answer at backup 5, but going with the Smith/Morgan tandem is better. 

Just got back from the game. Here are my thoughts:

1. Clifton Moore still looks about a year away, at least. I was pretty excited when I saw him come in, but when he got his hands on the ball he looked like he wanted to get rid of it as quickly as he possibly could.

2. I watched RoJo all night on defense and overall I thought he played very hard and kept his man in check. We needed a game like this out of him. Hopefully it will get his confidence up. When he heats up he really can pour it in.

3. Defense in the second half was excellent. The team fed off the crowd and got after it.

4. All in all, a really good win. Still waiting for the team to put two consecutive good halves together, but I think tonight was a good start. The second half was the best basketball we have played yet.

48 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Alford?!!

tenor.gif?itemid=5267724

There are plenty of IU fans that think Alford should have been picked, from my Uncle who graduated in early 80’s to a couple of former players and their families I have talked to.  I don’t get it, but this is not an uncommon thought among some IU fans.

1 minute ago, iuthruandthru said:

There are plenty of IU fans that think Alford should have been picked, from my Uncle who graduated in early 80’s to a couple of former players and their families I have talked to.  I don’t get it, but this is not an uncommon thought among some IU fans.

Well, they are way off. You want to wreck the program, give it to Alford.

3 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

I'll never discount anyone's opinion but I don't know of one IU fan that wanted Alford. That includes 4 generations of IU fandom on one side of the family. 

Archived