South Florida Game Thread

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Not saying he doesn't bring something to the team.  Just saying he wasnt Critical in winning the championship.

When/If Collin comes back this year and can play healthy, the difference in the performance of the team is going to be significant.    

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I just don't get it.  Oh well

I think for the most part I'm with you and your take on our struggles this far into the season, but if the source of our problems truly stems from a lack of buying in or effort if there is anyone that can help remedy that this year its Collin. It's worthwhile to at least remain optimistic about that for now. Doesn't mean we are gonna route Duke but it could put our progression back on a better track for the bigger picture.

As for how significant Collin is for beating top teams this year, well...

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Collin will immediately help spread the floor and should help reduce turnovers as well.

Additionally, we're looking at a guy with a high basketball IQ that can be very vocal in getting guys in to the right positions offensively and defensively. Hopefully a calming presence as well.

i posted on the other thread before i saw this, so sorry for the repetition, but as much as i'd like to see him have a great year, it think people have to keep in mind that he hasn't played in a real game for over a year.  he is battling multiple injuries.  he is in a new system.  i just feel like people are giving him an awful lot of credit and i think it will be a while until he has much impact even when he does return.  surely he won't jump into the starting lineup in his first game.  i hope he contributes soon and stays healthy, but there's a long way to go to see that.

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i posted on the other thread before i saw this, so sorry for the repetition, but as much as i'd like to see him have a great year, it think people have to keep in mind that he hasn't played in a real game for over a year.  he is battling multiple injuries.  he is in a new system.  i just feel like people are giving him an awful lot of credit and i think it will be a while until he has much impact even when he does return.  surely he won't jump into the starting lineup in his first game.  i hope he contributes soon and stays healthy, but there's a long way to go to see that.

He looked pretty good in the exhibition he played in this season.  Low-level competition, but it’s something at least.

Archived