Ohio State Postgame Thread

Despite offensive struggles the last 10 minutes of first half and missing 16 FTs, we looked like a team that can win itself into the tourney.  I just pray that this isn't one of those one hit wonder games. CAM may want to chew them out after this so they don't get complacent. 

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully this win and effort opens their eyes to showing themselves what can happen when they play a full 40. A lot more wins this way if they can buy in to knowing its what they have to do. Usually our losses happen with lack of effort, and they just proved what can happen when they give it their all and play for each other. 

That’s just a huge win in a lot of aspects.  Great for the resume and gives us some nice momentum going into two road games.  And allows the team and fanbase to not worry so much about falling into another slump... Big response coming off a week with some internal strife.  Hope Phinisee is okay.

Being there was effing awesome. I hope it's not premature but whatever archie did worked totally different team. One thing I noticed is every time a player was subbed out they went down the entire bench giving out fives.  Coaches and walkons and scholarship players. It really seems archie got through to them.

Just now, FW_Hoosier said:

That’s just a huge win in a lot of aspects.  Great for the resume and gives us some nice momentum going into two road games.  And allows the team and fanbase to not worry so much about falling into another slump... Big response coming off a week with some internal strife.  Hope Phinisee is okay.

What happened with, Rob? 

Much better than what we've seen the last few games!!!  Ive got to get to my sons first ever basketball practice, but quickly....

Shooting better but still needs work.

If we want to play small, JH is the key.  Good game from him.

Green is a walking heart attack for a coach.  No idea what ull get from game to game.

Build on today going forward.

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

Being there was effing awesome. I hope it's not premature but whatever archie did worked totally different team. One thing I noticed is every time a player was subbed out they went down the entire bench giving. Coaches and walkons and scholarship players. It really seems archie got through to the. 

New suit and no tie. Made Holtmann look like he bought his suit off the rack. Best dressed coach in the B1G. Love the watch too. 

Won by double digits, played hard, had decent Devonte most of the second half. Free throws and conditioning for Rob need to improve.  Rob can’t sit long than a 5 minute game stretch.  Proud of the whole crew.  Archie’s message was received, now can we build on it? Don’t care at this moment going to enjoy this one until the next one.

1 minute ago, kyhoosier29 said:

My takes .... 

Arch lit a fire

Great effort

Great D

Great decision-making (not kidding 😂)

Good enough shooting from the field

Poor FT shooting (only negative)

Where was DA today?

You make a good point about the decision-making.  Not perfect but very good.  .  

I'll never understand why more coaches don't call timeouts to try to stint a rough patch. I thought Archie should have taken one when we were giving up our lead early in the second half, but I REALLY thought Holtmann should have called one when we went up by 3 at the beginning of our big run. They had a lot of turn overs in a row, we were pushing the ball and getting in the paint and they so obviously needed to slow things down and reset. They didn't, they turned it over and things spiraled. 

Man, Brunk and a little bit of Thompson sure did a nice job on Wesson. 

I hate charges away from the ball. If I jump in front of you for no legitimate basketball reason other than creating a foul, even if I technically get there before you, how is that a foul on you?

3 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Being there was effing awesome. I hope it's not premature but whatever archie did worked totally different team. One thing I noticed is every time a player was subbed out they went down the entire bench giving. Coaches and walkons and scholarship players. It really seems archie got through to the. 

Not a bad first game for ya!  :)

Archived