Ohio State Postgame Thread

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

He’ll have a dozen cheeseburgers instead.

A dozen White Castles for a kid that age should be no problem.

Hell, I could probably clear a dozen white castles if I wasn't worried about the cloud of poison gas that would be emitting from my sphincter the next day.

1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

A dozen White Castles for a kid that age should be no problem.

Hell, I could probably clear a dozen white castles if I wasn't worried about the cloud of poison gas that would be emitting from my sphincter the next day.

A dozen sliders would put me in a pine box!  I remember being in my 20's and a co-worker in his 40's telling me he just couldn't eat 'em like he used to.  I understand now, as a couple double cheeseburgers are my limit and only a few times a year.

Great game and was very encouraged by the effort and heart they showed today.  We still can't shoot very well but if we play like that all the time we will be able to compete n this league.  What has happened to the free throw shooting because early on we were hitting around 73%. We should have had 8 or 9 more points if we just shot a good percentage.

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

If anything. I think today's Ohio State game proved that shortening the bench is NOT the answer.

I think the difference was that before people knew they were going to be given the opportunity to contribute regardless of the outcome, today I think they were of the mindset that if/when I get in the game — I better play hard and contribute or I won’t get another chance.

Obviously free throws are the elephant in the room. Overall, so much good to discuss. I could call out a lot of players/coach in a positive way.

But my main takeaway is that Rob Phinessee is our key. Maybe not our best player (TJD), but I think he is our most important.

He allows Al, Devontae to focus on their strengths, in spurts.

He typically makes good decisions. Is a respectable shooter. A calming influence etc.

When the conductor is healthy, the rest of the train seems to fall in place much more clearly.

This game showed, once again, what we can do when we play with effort. Hopefully Archie “calling people out” and today’s performance will carry us through the BT. We definitely have a team good enough to go 10-10 in conference and make the tourney....if we show up.
We showed up today and it was fun to watch (except watching the free throws..lol).

And yes, Rob is the engine of this team. He is hands down our point guard, floor general, and he brings an energy and focus we've been missing. 

Really do hope he stays healthy -- he is absolutely key to the team.

And I am going to try to keep an open mind on the 3-big lineup -- with Rob, it was workable (fouls are an issue though). Rob and Al may be able to keep enough space with that group on the floor to capitalize on size while limiting defensive miscues -- still want more wing play, but this team looks so much better, regardless, just with Rob.

Archived