Ohio State Postgame Thread

22 minutes ago, Hoosier83 said:

After watching the game maybe the message was about accountability. If you don’t play hard and smart you will not play at all 

I agree. I believe everyone played early. I think it was a chance to see who's bringing it. If you're not bringing it every second, you're riding the pine. 

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IU878176 said:

I agree. Will this be the start of a consistent pattern of effort or will it be like last year when we showed up for the MSU games but slept walked through others? 
Im thinking/hoping that Archie finally got through some of these guys and we will see more consistent effort. If we do we will get the 10 conference wins to go to the dance.

Agree. As I posted earlier in another post game thread.  Consistently.  Inconsistent.   

Got to put an end to that.  Today's game was one step in that direction.

6 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

As someone said the other day.  You rank 'em.  And we'll spank 'em.  LOL

Focus, effort, focus, effort.

We, as you said, “spank” ranked FSU and OSU, but have very close/OT home games against Nebraska and Northwestern. Hopefully we build on today. 

51 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

DeVonte looked good the 2nd half. 

I thought Devonte looked good throughout. He definitely played within the game, let the opportunities come to him. I can only recall two of his shots being truly developed and executed all by himself. 

This Devonte, this Deron, this RESPONSIBILITY, from each and every player, is what IU has to have and build off of from now until their final game.

That was a great game, well played, well coached. Pack line is now actually working, our defense gave us a lot of offense.

3 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

Regarding ranking... who cares? This team is wildly inconsistent and there could be a few more bumps before stability. Hopefully, the corner has been turned and now they see that the Hall, and all of Hoosier Nation, will be all in, if THEY are! 

Up to 35 in Kenpom.

15 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

This is the time of a season when Pomeroy's rankings start becoming meaningful.  Good to see.  Yet. Illinois is three spots above IU. 

Also, just to point out, UI is 3 spots ahead of us and Rutgers is 1 spot above. Our SoS was 3## something when conference play started. Since then, it's risen to 197. Illinois and Rutgers are still 316 and 307 respectively. The whole "We haven't beaten anyone" line isn't going to be valid much longer.

Contrary to what I typically post 🙄, I thought Archie coached a good game today.  I also noticed that his staff seemed to be much more engaged.  I know Rob got hurt but I think Al having the ball in his hands late in the game will hurt this team more times than it will help.  I also think that the more minutes that Rob, Brunk, TJD and Jerome are on the floor together, the further this team can go.  All in all, I am glad we won and hope that this is the turning point towards better basketball.  

1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

Swear to God....four posts in and I thought "Wow, this sounds like HSN" 😂

Thought the very same thing.  Funny. A couple of those posters are guys I have communicated with over the years.  Don't think this is a good time to reconnect.  LOL

6 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Also, just to point out, UI is 3 spots ahead of us and Rutgers is 1 spot above. Our SoS was 3## something when conference play started. Since then, it's risen to 197. Illinois and Rutgers are still 316 and 307 respectively. The whole "We haven't beaten anyone" line isn't going to be valid much longer.

Point. And counterpoint.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Took me 10 posts to realize that Carton sucks and shouldn't play. What a smart fan base over there.

If that's their attitude, I'd gladly take him off their hands. Hell, he didn't play that well today and I'd still take him in a heartbeat. He's the 2nd point we need behind Rob.

9 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

I thought Devonte looked good throughout. He definitely played within the game, let the opportunities come to him. I can only recall two of his shots being truly developed and executed all by himself. 

This Devonte, this Deron, this RESPONSIBILITY, from each and every player, is what IU has to have and build off of from now until their final game.

That was a great game, well played, well coached. Pack line is now actually working, our defense gave us a lot of offense.

I thought Green looked good in the second half but first half...no.

He is obviously a very important cog when he plays well but we all know it’s hard to bet on when that will or will not happen.  It was good to see that everyone seemingly responded well to Archie “calling them out”.  Davis and Green both appeared  more engaged on the bench and in the huddles.

At the end of the game. Somewhere around the 4 to 5 minute mark I believe. We came out of the huddle, then Archie sent Green I for Rob right before the few gave the ball to the player. Rob looked like he was sick or something. Did he ask to come off the floor , because he had just been put in. He played great but is he still working though something. 

1 minute ago, Bob said:

At the end of the game. Somewhere around the 4 to 5 minute mark I believe. We came out of the huddle, then Archie sent Green I for Rob right before the few gave the ball to the player. Rob looked like he was sick or something. Did he ask to come off the floor , because he had just been put in. He played great but is he still working though something. 

Yes, he had a “wobbly” look to him. Someone else mentioned he might have hurt his hip. Hope the kid can catch a break and is ok.

Been saying for a time now that although their accuracy is really suspect, they have been giving themselves enough opportunities by taking care of the ball somewhat better this year. Miller teams have been consistently strong on the glass. This should have been a blowout . Made FTs can make some games look so much better, and I felt this was one of those. . 

Bubble might be quite large , and these are the kind of wins that have to be there to dance if you;re one of those. Ugly or not they add up to separation from similar resumes.Most of the time anyway.Lol . Since many had this game as a likely loss as of just over a week ago we can almost effectively say it cancels out the Arkansas game.  That OSU has slumped would only detract if they fail to right the ship at some point.Curious what;s going on with them.I don;t think it will last. They;re too well coached. 

Archived