Ohio State Postgame Thread

27 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

Regarding ranking... who cares? This team is wildly inconsistent and there could be a few more bumps before stability. Hopefully, the corner has been turned and now they see that the Hall, and all of Hoosier Nation, will be all in, if THEY are! 

No one cares. But we're curious. 

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Also, just to point out, UI is 3 spots ahead of us and Rutgers is 1 spot above. Our SoS was 3## something when conference play started. Since then, it's risen to 197. Illinois and Rutgers are still 316 and 307 respectively. The whole "We haven't beaten anyone" line isn't going to be valid much longer.

We were #56 in NET rankings going into today's game.

12 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

If that's their attitude, I'd gladly take him off their hands. Hell, he didn't play that well today and I'd still take him in a heartbeat. He's the 2nd point we need behind Rob.

Here's a dandy from their board: "A walk-on would be better than Carton"

Good grief, talk about needing to step away from the ledge. The kid is a freshman. 

Just now, BEKA said:

Here's a dandy from their board: "A walk-on would be better than Carton"

Good grief, talk about needing to step away from the ledge. The kid is a freshman. 

Hey, Bybee! If you go to Columbus, there's a scholarship for you! Just make sure DJ gets in the Uber for the ride back!

Just listened to Archie's presser, and he said he told the team after NW that he'd play 5 guys all day long if that's what it took to get effort and production.

Surprised he was that candid publicly about it. Glad he did, but in today's PC world most things get watered down. I have a sneaky suspicion that his comment WAS watered down.

1 minute ago, DWB said:

Just listened to Archie's presser, and he said he told the team after NW that he'd play 5 guys all day long if that's what it took to get effort and production.

Surprised he was that candid publicly about it. Glad he did, but in today's PC world most things get watered down. I have a sneaky suspicion that his comment WAS watered down.

That was watered down more than an American Airlines cocktail.

11 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Seems we're not the only over-emotional fanbase in the B10

Go down to the "View 324 Comments"

Lol

No kidding.  Holtman taking a verbal beating...

Actionstanleyjackson 1 HOUR AGO 
From ranked number two to out if the top 25 and damn near last place in the big ten in two weeks. Epic fail job by this coaching staff 

Redscoon 1 HOUR AGO 
Quick somebody remind me how great of a coach we have...

Topgun67 1 HOUR AGO 
maybe we go from #1 #2 in most of computer ranking to #100 by end of Feb.  I remember all the Holtmann can do no wrong fans here when we were beating UNC, Nova, etc.

Bucks4life0214 1 HOUR AGO 
I'll give Holtmann one more year to show me something before I start to ring the bell. These past two years have told me alot about him

CincinnatiBuck12 1 HOUR AGO 
Sad what this team has become. Poorly poorly coached 

Go Bucks

Matt.Green14 1 HOUR AGO 
I think it’s time to start questioning Holtmann, yeah he’s a good coach but we went through this exact same thing last year. He was very lucky to have Bates-Diop and a good cast his first year. 

Buckeye Chuck 1 HOUR AGO 
How is it that random mid-majors can find males over 6 feet tall who can make open 20-foot jump shots at least half the time, and yet that's a task that has eluded two different Ohio State coaching staffs for the better part of a decade?

GoNutz27 1 HOUR AGO 
Terrible coaching. Not sure what kind of offense they are trying to run because it’s non-existent

Mantis 1 HOUR AGO 
Holtmann seems to be recruiting fairly well, but can anyone name even ONE player that actually got better under his tutelage?  

RBloodworth 1 HOUR AGO 
Bring.  Back.  Thad.  Matta.
Hell, I’ll even take Jim O’Brien.  At least his teams were fundamentally sound.

Okiebuck 1 HOUR AGO 
I have to say it; Archie Miller is a dick

RBloodworth 1 HOUR AGO 
Yeah, and he’s still a better coach than Chris Holtmann, who needs to go back to the mid-majors.

Port Richey Buckeye 1 HOUR AGO 
No more excuses. 1-4 in Big. Holtman is on the clock. This team is complete shit now. Spring football hurry up.

OhioStGoon 1 HOUR AGO 
It's coaching and Holtman is overrated in every category that counts..

TheBigCat 1 HOUR AGO 
This was the year I actually had expectations from Holtman.  His recruiting class with his guys.  This is not good.  Too many absolutely non-threats on Offense.

OhioStGoon 1 HOUR AGO 
I'll say it until he's ultimately let go in that Holtman isn't the man for this job, he's vastly overrated and nothing more than mid-major coach, recruiter/developer. The sooner we get rid of him and bring in someone who can actually do the aforementioned the better off we'll be as a men's b-ball program.

45 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Great game and was very encouraged by the effort and heart they showed today.  We still can't shoot very well but if we play like that all the time we will be able to compete n this league.  What has happened to the free throw shooting because early on we were hitting around 73%. We should have had 8 or 9 more points if we just shot a good percentage.

When I was a Fire Department training person. I would always conduct live training (same as BB Practice) with multiple Strobe lights and the loudest, GOD AWFUL sound effects that I could find, and stage it in a very closed environment. I wanted my personel to train to not be distracted by the "noise", so to speak. To concentrate only on the objective. I propose that the IU staff and IT people, develop a set of headphones, that pipe in each individual player's girlfriend, talking sexual talk to them and make them hit 98/100 free throws while listening to it. Once that concentration level is conquered, I would make them listen to sound effects of their mom and dad doing the nasty while shooting.... The point is, create a serious human level distraction that one has to overcome/ become comfortable with. At that point, Free Throw shooting focus is truly on the rim and one's muscle control. NOTHING else.

Like Archie said....guard play and defense wins games. We got it today and it was really fun to watch us close out the second half without allowing OSU a big run....or just totally collapsing like we've seen too often in the past. Great job by the staff and players to get ready for this one and get maybe our best win of the year. 

1 minute ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

When I was a Fire Department training person. I would always conduct live training (same as BB Practice) with multiple Strobe lights and the loudest, GOD AWFUL sound effects that I could find, and stage it in a very closed environment. I wanted my personel to train to not be distracted by the "noise", so to speak. To concentrate only on the objective. I propose that the IU staff and IT people, develop a set of headphones, that pipe in each individual player's girlfriend, talking sexual talk to them and make them hit 98/100 free throws while listening to it. Once that concentration level is conquered, I would make them listen to sound effects of their mom and dad doing the nasty while shooting.... The point is, create a serious human level distraction that one has to overcome/ become comfortable with. At that point, Free Throw shooting focus is truly on the rim and one's muscle control. NOTHING else.

Breaking news: Bloomington is now Guantonamo

2 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Breaking news: Bloomington is now Guantonamo

5 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I propose that the IU staff and IT people, develop a set of headphones, that pipe in each individual player's girlfriend, talking sexual talk to them and make them hit 98/100 free throws while listening to it. 

That could make a jock strap uncomfortable real quick...

That OSU board sure sounded like they had a different set of refs than we did. I know refs miss some calls, but you have to be a special kind of stupid not to see that OSU got a Sh--load more calls than IU got.

But passionate fans aren't always realistic...

25 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

No kidding.  Holtman taking a verbal beating...

From ranked number two to out if the top 25 and damn near last place in the big ten in two weeks. Epic fail job by this coaching staff 

Quick somebody remind me how great of a coach we have...

maybe we go from #1 #2 in most of computer ranking to #100 by end of Feb.  I remember all the Holtmann can do no wrong fans here when we were beating UNC, Nova, etc.

I'll give Holtmann one more year to show me something before I start to ring the bell. These past two years have told me alot about him

Sad what this team has become. Poorly poorly coached 

Go Bucks

I think it’s time to start questioning Holtmann, yeah he’s a good coach but we went through this exact same thing last year. He was very lucky to have Bates-Diop and a good cast his first year. 

How is it that random mid-majors can find males over 6 feet tall who can make open 20-foot jump shots at least half the time, and yet that's a task that has eluded two different Ohio State coaching staffs for the better part of a decade?

Terrible coaching. Not sure what kind of offense they are trying to run because it’s non-existent

Holtmann seems to be recruiting fairly well, but can anyone name even ONE player that actually got better under his tutelage?  

Bring.  Back.  Thad.  Matta.
Hell, I’ll even take Jim O’Brien.  At least his teams were fundamentally sound.

I have to say it; Archie Miller is a dick

Yeah, and he’s still a better coach than Chris Holtmann, who needs to go back to the mid-majors.

No more excuses. 1-4 in Big. Holtman is on the clock. This team is complete shit now. Spring football hurry up.

It's coaching and Holtman is overrated in every category that counts..

This was the year I actually had expectations from Holtman.  His recruiting class with his guys.  This is not good.  Too many absolutely non-threats on Offense.

I'll say it until he's ultimately let go in that Holtman isn't the man for this job, he's vastly overrated and nothing more than mid-major coach, recruiter/developer. The sooner we get rid of him and bring in someone who can actually do the aforementioned the better off we'll be as a men's b-ball program.

That last guy just rambled too darn long.

Archived