Ohio State Postgame Thread

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where are all the Archie can’t coach post??? Geesh. BUT Everyone understands we are going to LOSE another game right??! So let’s not come on here and start ridiculous threads and dumb post about Archie after we do... get so sick of that crap!! If you can’t see that Archie can coach then find the door and don’t let it hit you on the way out. 

5 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I love the we won guys coming out of the woodwork.  They are as bad as the guys who only come out when we're playing bad.  Both sides have people who love to say I told you so.  It's Funny how they love to rub everything ever said into people's faces.  

It’s like those who said he should be fired after the ISU game.

6 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Where are all the Archie can’t coach post??? Geesh. BUT Everyone understands we are going to LOSE another game right??! So let’s not come on here and start ridiculous threads and dumb post about Archie after we do... get so sick of that crap!! If you can’t see that Archie can’t coach then find the door and don’t let it hit you on the way out. 

Yes we are going to LOSE another game.

The “negative” posts were often about a 2 1/2 year pattern, not a single game, of the team inconsistently showing up. They played hard and got a great win today. Very happy for them and hope that turns into a positive, more consistent, pattern going forward.

Sorry it’s my first time on thread so if this point has already been discussed I missed it 

1. I LOVE that for the first time it felt like we played intense defense with EVERYoNE giving full effort MOST of the game.  There were a couple small stretches where that wasn’t true but it didn’t kill us where as the last 4 games especially it felt like we gave full effort for small stretches only.

2. great win against a quality team hard not to feel a little better 

3. we won IN SPITE of our offensive guard play not because of it ....green hit some tough shots that could have turned the game if he didn’t.  I have a tough time coming up with a back court group for IU that collects fewer assists and values the possession less than this bunch while also being maddeningly inconsistent shooting the ball.  If we don’t make some changes our overall goals won’t be reached and this will be our ceiling 

4 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

We won IN SPITE of our offensive guard play not because of it ....green hit some tough shots that could have turned the game if he didn’t.  I have a tough time coming up with a back court group for IU that collects fewer assists and values the possession less than this bunch while also being maddeningly inconsistent shooting the ball.  If we don’t make some changes our overall goals won’t be reached and this will be our ceiling 

WE NEED LUKE BROWN! 😁

Sorry man, couldn't resist...

7 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Sorry it’s my first time on thread so if this point has already been discussed I missed it 

1. I LOVE that for the first time it felt like we played intense defense with EVERYoNE giving full effort MOST of the game.  There were a couple small stretches where that wasn’t true but it didn’t kill us where as the last 4 games especially it felt like we gave full effort for small stretches only.

2. great win against a quality team hard not to feel a little better 

3. we won IN SPITE of our offensive guard play not because of it ....green hit some tough shots that could have turned the game if he didn’t.  I have a tough time coming up with a back court group for IU that collects fewer assists and values the possession less than this bunch while also being maddeningly inconsistent shooting the ball.  If we don’t make some changes our overall goals won’t be reached and this will be our ceiling 

Beating the 11th ranked team in the nation by 12 points is our ceiling: that sounds about right to me. 

I actually don't really disagree with you, except to say our guards, with the notable exception of Franklin, have been solid 3 point shooters all year. It's our wings that sink our team numbers. 

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

WE NEED LUKE BROWN! 😁

Sorry man, couldn't resist...

Ha ha ! No i deserve that AND it’s funny BUT ...I was invited here and so as to not get that billingsley yelled at I promise not to interject any LB enthusiasm.  I do however think we need someone who can control the ball and create ...our stats over the last 4 games are the worst I’ve seen and we are lucky to have 2 wins in that stretch ...it’s concerning because you can see what arch wants to do and it’s just not coming out and I’m not sure if it’s effort or ability but it’s gonna cost us or keep us from being more than a team that plays top level more than just in spurts

18 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I love the we won guys coming out of the woodwork.  They are as bad as the guys who only come out when we're playing bad.  Both sides have people who love to say I told you so.  It's Funny how they love to rub everything ever said into people's faces.  

I see the same guys here when we lose (along with some that post ONLY when we lose), and they talk about what's wrong with the team and how to fix it...No one I see on here paints kitty and unicorn pictures...

I just get tired if the "fire Archie" BS because it's not going to happen, and you and others on that bandwagon know it. 

Get on board, I think it's gonna be fun...

3 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Really liked seeing JH cutting and going to the rim, not hanging on perimeter. Put pressure on defense and drew fouls. If he starts finishing those baskets, he’ll be another weapon 

Yes, the first time in quite a while I have seen him do something on offense other than chuck 3's. I keep hoping he can find other ways to score, build a little momentum in his game, and that will lead him to a place where he can hit some outside shots. 

1 minute ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Ha ha ! No i deserve that AND it’s funny BUT ...I was invited here and so as to not get that billingsley yelled at I promise not to interject any LB enthusiasm.  I do however think we need someone who can control the ball and create ...our stats over the last 4 games are the worst I’ve seen and we are lucky to have 2 wins in that stretch ...it’s concerning because you can see what arch wants to do and it’s just not coming out and I’m not sure if it’s effort or ability but it’s gonna cost us or keep us from being more than a team that plays top level more than just in spurts

I know, hoss...keep posting over here!

1 minute ago, HoosierDom said:

Beating the 11th ranked team in the nation by 12 points is our ceiling: that sounds about right to me. 

I actually don't really disagree with you, except to say our guards, with the notable exception of Franklin, have been solid 3 point shooters all year. It's our wings that sink our team numbers. 

I guess that’s fair I’ll have to do a more thorough break down because our wings do a ton of bombing and missing but the numbers are absolutely head scratching / eye popping when you look at 3pt ft assist/turnover last 4 and we have a horrible problem of shooting after the first pass or getting 25 seconds into the shot clock with little movement and then forcing contested shots and I do put that at least partially on the guards 

Maybe just the tv or maybe sense of last year but I saw a different Archie today. Almost pissed. Not at officials but pissed in the sense that he was trying to show his guys if you do what we say you'll be happy because of the win. Won't matter if we lose a couple but something looked far different with him and players today for sure. Might want to remember today as we move forward. Every team has 1 game where things click. Maybe this was our game??

7 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

I'm sorry. I thought beating the #10 team in country by 16 would be our ceiling?

12 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

40 assists 57 turnovers 11 Of those assists from smith TJD and  Brunk (Yikes)  that means 29 guard OR forward assisted baskets in the last 4 games combined ....For perspective notre Dame had 27 in a single game  against Syracuse last week 

18-65 from 3 ( even with 50% today )

63-102 free throws

1 hour ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

When I was a Fire Department training person. I would always conduct live training (same as BB Practice) with multiple Strobe lights and the loudest, GOD AWFUL sound effects that I could find, and stage it in a very closed environment. I wanted my personel to train to not be distracted by the "noise", so to speak. To concentrate only on the objective. I propose that the IU staff and IT people, develop a set of headphones, that pipe in each individual player's girlfriend, talking sexual talk to them and make them hit 98/100 free throws while listening to it. Once that concentration level is conquered, I would make them listen to sound effects of their mom and dad doing the nasty while shooting.... The point is, create a serious human level distraction that one has to overcome/ become comfortable with. At that point, Free Throw shooting focus is truly on the rim and one's muscle control. NOTHING else.

Welcome to the forum.

Just got home from the game. Kudos to Archie for pushing the right buttons. Great job. 

After the FSU game I was one of the loudest people in the chorus wanting Devonte to start.   I was dead wrong. His niche is coming off the bench and he can be a tremendous asset in that role. 

I have to watch the DVR, but it feels like we did a better job today of not just passing the ball around the perimeter but attacking the rim. Nice adjustment there. 

Archived