Ohio State Postgame Thread

2 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Agree.  Both sides have people who just look for a reason to make others feel stupid.  It will swing back the other way when we lose again.  I hate that the fanbase is so divided. Even if I don't like CAM add out coach.

Why do you not like Archie? Do you honestly think anyone could do better with this roster right now? Look at Roy Williams when he doesn’t have a bunch of 5 stars and high end 4 stars.. not pretty 

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back from the game (wife had to stop at cracker-barrel and shop.  At least I got to have some fried chicken).  Got to take my Grandson for his first game ever (7 months). 

I will say that the team tonight looked completely different from the team Wednesday.  They were engaged during warm ups, in huddles and on the floor.  If they can keep this team, they can win a lot of games.  The hall had a energy tonight that I haven't seen yet this year.  Was really nice to see.  I will say, what ever CAM said to the team helped.  I just hope they keep that fire.

Oh and the officiating was so bad.  Not sure how it looked on TV but in person it was really bad and the lady from ohio who yelled OH - IO during the foul shots was very annoying.  

2 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

Just got back from the game (wife had to stop at cracker-barrel and shop.  At least I got to have some fried chicken).  Got to take my Grandson for his first game ever (7 months). 

I will say that the team tonight looked completely different from the team Wednesday.  They were engaged during warm ups, in huddles and on the floor.  If they can keep this team, they can win a lot of games.  The hall had a energy tonight that I haven't seen yet this year.  Was really nice to see.  I will say, what ever CAM said to the team helped.  I just hope they keep that fire.

Oh and the officiating was so bad.  Not sure how it looked on TV but in person it was really bad and the lady from ohio who yelled OH - IO during the foul shots was very annoying.  

Thanks on the demeanor and atmosphere observations having been there ....it was the first time I’ve notice consistent energy especially on defense without lengthy lapses

34 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Why do you not like Archie? Do you honestly think anyone could do better with this roster right now? Look at Roy Williams when he doesn’t have a bunch of 5 stars and high end 4 stars.. not pretty 

Anyone, and I mean ANYONE, who doesn’t “like” Archie has only proven they’ve lost all capacity for reason and are completely over the top. That guy is a class act and has done nothing but show that. Give me a break. 😡

1 minute ago, BADGERVOL said:

Anyone, and I mean ANYONE, who doesn’t “like” Archie has only proven they’ve lost all capacity for reason and are completely over the top. That guy is a class act and has done nothing but show that. Give me a break. 😡

We all like Archie.  That’s why he has a chance to succeed.  Crean was a total weirdo. 

5 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

We all like Archie.  That’s why he has a chance to succeed.  Crean was a total weirdo. 

Not that this is conclusive to pass judgment  on the “ weird “ moniker but I was in atl in late March or early April last year and went to the hawks bucks game ...went to the bathroom and held the door for someone approaching behind me ...noticed right away it was crean he even had in a Georgia button up ....he appeared to be with one of his kids who I also held the door for..1. Neither said thanks 2. Neither washed their hands 

use that as you may ...you’re welcome 

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Cool post game story. Little Keet and I went down on the floor after the game. He got meet Gus Johnson, who he impersonates all the time, and I got a video of them saying, “The Carnegie Hall of college basketball,” together. 

Please post on here if you can!

1 hour ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Wait wait wait ...you’re saying we had good guard play WHICH of the last 4 games ?!  I’m not jaded at all I’m thrilled but I’m also realistic and our guard play in terms of valuing possession , creating opportunities, and hitting open shots has been our biggest weakness with our forwards lack of ability to hit outside shots and our effort consistency being tied as a close second.  I think the press conferences give insight as to the thought process for sure but if you take every word a coach says at face value I think that’s a little naive ...there are things he can and can’t say as a matter of course and there are even more things in those particular boxes as a matter of strategy/psychology....I’m not trying to rain on the parade I’m thrilled for our biggest quality win but you don’t need to watch the press conference or be more than a casual fan to evaluate our guard play

Dude we’re talking about this game. How many turnovers did we - and Green - have today. Come on man 

4 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Dude we’re talking about this game. How many turnovers did we - and Green - have today. Come on man 

Yes our turnovers kill me much much more than missed shots. Don’t get me wrong I really want better shooting but turnovers will “burn my butter” quicker than anything.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess we watched a different game because I thought for the most part DG played under control.  There were a couple of forced shots in the first half but in the second half I thought he played well.

Agreed.   There were a couple of forced shots and one defensive lapse where he left the double team too early to which CAM pulled him and let him know.  Otherwise he played a really good game.

6 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

When you said “ you should check the presser from The last game “  when at the time we are engaged in Ohio state conversation I was making sure you didn’t mean the northwestern game ...as for THIS game green had zero turnovers and made Several high difficulty shots both of which were a contributing or majorly contributing factor to us winning ....however as a team we had 10 assists to 11 turnovers ...green had 1 assist rob had 1 assist and Durham had 1 AND 4 turnovers.  So 1. I agree with the guy with 10 million comments, green hit tough shots that still weren’t the right decision to take them ...Im thrilled he made them but the other guys right if he misses those we are absolutely railing in him as in ALL of us 2. If you think 3 assists and 4 turnovers between green Durham rob AND franklin especially with the first three being our primary ball handlers then you and I have a significantly different definition of good guard play 3. This game is a continuation of the previous 3 games in that regard which is a troubling trend going forward ...we won because we gave superior effort consistently through the game on both ends of the floor and because rob shot 50% and green hit tough shots...minus the better EFFORT it was still the same guard play we’ve had the last few games which isn’t going to cut it 

1 hour ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Wait wait wait ...you’re saying we had good guard play WHICH of the last 4 games ?!  I’m not jaded at all I’m thrilled but I’m also realistic and our guard play in terms of valuing possession , creating opportunities, and hitting open shots has been our biggest weakness with our forwards lack of ability to hit outside shots and our effort consistency being tied as a close second.  I think the press conferences give insight as to the thought process for sure but if you take every word a coach says at face value I think that’s a little naive ...there are things he can and can’t say as a matter of course and there are even more things in those particular boxes as a matter of strategy/psychology....I’m not trying to rain on the parade I’m thrilled for our biggest quality win but you don’t need to watch the press conference or be more than a casual fan to evaluate our guard play

It has been bad....not Rob Johnson/Newkirk bad but pretty darn close. The one thing however that sets this game apart is Rob starting and his big minutes....we are so much better with him getting us going early in the right sets etc. It also forces Al to the 2 where he belongs and puts Green coming off the bench to exploit matchups against backups and to be a spark off the bench. Green coming off the bench puts him in the right mindset because he knows his job is to give us a lift and if he isn’t making good decisions he is coming out. When he starts he seems to relax into ol Devonte and have the comfort of thinking he has free reign to freelance. Devonte NEEDS a leash. He just does. Bringing him off the bench reminds him that and hopefully we continue to get good Devonte. I don’t think our guard play is solved but Rob is a big part of the puzzle going forward if we get his defense, playmaking, and decision making.

Archived