Ohio State Postgame Thread

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

All good. I looks like it was just you and I that were yelling. The game is being replayed right now on Fox sports and I am still thinking the same thing. But HoosierHoopster could be right that I am looking at it from a biased view. 

I’m more peeved with his dribble clinics wasting valuable shot clock and his turnovers than most of his shot selection. A bad shot from Devonte in general is still a higher percentage shot from just about anyone not named Trayce lol.

11 minutes ago, zerawkid said:I think he made mainly good decisions today. A vast majority of his decisions (and shots) were good, within the rhythm and flow of the offense. I’m not saying all, but most.

We aren’t generally disagreeing, it seems.

No we aren’t ...Not near as much as it appeared ...and he took 8 today 3 of which were beyond the arc ...I had 2 of his two point attempts I thought were either forced / not really open or he had a better option for a pass ....1 of his 3’s was iffy and the step back he hit with the hand directly in his face defender  almost gettin a piece of the ball was my least favorite of the bunch ...had he spent the last 5 games with great shot selection I’d call this an anomaly and not mention it ...had he shot 60% the last 5 games I’d say this guy just hits everything he throws up and I wouldn’t care about his shot selection ....but given the way things have gone I just thought it was a continuation of a troubling trend that was covered by the fact he hit them ...I want to be clear him not turning the ball over and playing hard all

his minutes thrilled me so if I sound harsh it’s only because of the performance over the last month and feeling as though it  will eventually cost us in a big game 

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’m more peeved with his dribble clinics wasting valuable shot clock and his turnovers than most of his shot selection. A bad shot from Devonte in general is still a higher percentage shot from just about anyone not named Trayce lol.

This is true 100% ....late shot clock where we’ve done nothing productive in the possession seems regular to me 

12 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

When I listened to the post game it sounded to me and others I believe that he was going to shorten the bench.  Sorry if what I think doesn't meet with your standards or opinions.  I am done explaining myself.  Please let it go and I will stop responding to you

Thanks

Last post and I’ll leave it.

You don’t need to apologize. I’m sorry if I overly personalized our exchange. But, your recollection of Archie’s presser has nothing to do with my standards nor my opinions. It just has to do with what actually happened.

4 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

No we aren’t ...Not near as much as it appeared ...and he took 8 today 3 of which were beyond the arc ...I had 2 of his two point attempts I thought were either forced / not really open or he had a better option for a pass ....1 of his 3’s was iffy and the step back he hit with the hand directly in his face defender  almost gettin a piece of the ball was my least favorite of the bunch ...had he spent the last 5 games with great shot selection I’d call this an anomaly and not mention it ...had he shot 60% the last 5 games I’d say this guy just hits everything he throws up and I wouldn’t care about his shot selection ....but given the way things have gone I just thought it was a continuation of a troubling trend that was covered by the fact he hit them ...I want to be clear him not turning the ball over and playing hard all

his minutes thrilled me so if I sound harsh it’s only because of the performance over the last month and feeling as though it  will eventually cost us in a big game 

For what it’s worth, I do think his performances in our losses directly contributed to the outcomes.

40 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

They knocked down the White Castle???? I was there when it opened. They had to have police directing traffic on 46 for weeks!

Yes there is now a strip mall and a Starbucks pretty much where that old White Castle was.  Been gone a while now.

During my undergrad days at 3 am it was Mad Mushroom or that a White Castle out end of the night snack, so good but mix that with beer from that night and oh my goodness that poor toilet.

42 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

They knocked down the White Castle???? I was there when it opened. They had to have police directing traffic on 46 for weeks!

Man, this makes me feel old. It's still the new White Castle in my mind. 

Just like the Red's Riverfront Stadium is still the new stadium to me...and they tore it down a few years ago!

3 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

Just like the Red's Riverfront Stadium is still the new stadium to me...and they tore it down a few years ago!

My dad and I were talking about that. I park in the underground garage where Riverfront/Cinergy used to sit.

5 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

Cras, they tore Riverfront down like two decades ago. 

55 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣 I know! But it never took the place of Crosley Field.  

Man, Crosley was a great little ballpark.  Saw Henry Aaron get his 3000th hit there.  Saw Roberto Clemente have a three hr game there - one to each field.  Saw the "Say hey kid" ...Willie Mays for those too young...hit a homer over the clock of the scoreboard...not sure of the height, maybe around 65'...and 387' from home plate.

1 hour ago, CincyHoosier said:

In 50/50 games devonte is the difference.  He plays well, we win.  He plays poorly, we lose (and sometimes by a lot).  Hes the ultimate wild card.  

I love this post ...that’s why I’m overly critical of his decision making ...if he was smarter with the ball I feel like the games he wasn’t hot with his shooting he is still talented enough to win us those 50/50 games

Great win!  Had to DVR watch due to being at a hockey tournament all day. 

It was a good Devonte day. He’s much better coming off the bench. 

Rob is extremely important. He’s got to stay healthy. We need him on the floor!

I thought Hunter had some very positive minutes today.  Defense was good and I think slowly the more time he gets we will see the kid emerge into the player he was touted to be  

CAM really lit a fire under these guys  I thought the huddles, bench, and over effort attitude was finally where it needs to be.  Hope it continues I really want to see this team continue winning and improving

Free throw shooting needs to get better, and we still have to find a way to avoid those scoring droughts that often times kill us.  Overall though, MUCH better effort and energy and really positive play by all.  I’ll take it and hope this type of basketball effort continues.  

Archived