Reunion

3 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Joe Hillman, Todd Leary, Jeff Olliphant, Lance Stemler, Kyle Hornsby, Todd Meier,  Collin Hartman were some of the others.

Here is Henderson's halftime speech if you missed it:

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/watch-iu-great-alan-henderson-addresses-the-crowd-at-halftime-of-ohio-state-game/

Thankyou for filming that, and bringing it to Hoosier Sports Nation.  YOU are part of what makes HSN Great !

And a note to my fellow HSN members.  Keep checking TDH's channel on You Tube.  Always quality stuff. 

4 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

God bless him, but there's just something strange about going from Henderson, Turner and then......Tijan. 😂

It was an open invite to any and all former Hoosier players.  I for one, and one who has talked with Tijan's mother in law, am thankfull that Mr. Jobe was able to attend.

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

It was an open invite to any and all former Hoosier players.  I for one, and one who has talked with Tijan's mother in law, am thankfull that Mr. Jobe was able to attend.

Oh I get it, and he's as deserving as any other player. He gave us his all and had a really good GPA if memory serves.

I actually forget about him outside of times like these. I think it's some kind of PTSD-like response to those years of IU basketball. 😂

4 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Oh I get it, and he's as deserving as any other player. He gave us his all and had a really good GPA if memory serves.

I actually forget about him outside of times like these. I think it's some kind of PTSD-like response to those years of IU basketball. 😂

Not only a good student. When we needed it most for our APR. But a good person.  Last I knew, Tijan was working  as a project manager for some plastics company in Indianapolis.  Putting his IU degree to good use, leading other people.

So, I enjoy asking questions.  Wonder why no Buckner, May....those guys?  I mean Buckner is a Trustee he should make public appearances and support events, especially when they relate to him.

I'm with Dakitch, from a fan seat, the Bob Knight thing is silly and the fraternity should respond.  Its about the fans, the players, the students who supported and help make you a brand.  I guarantee, if he won 3 Championships at Northwestern, it would not of been as hyped, etc.

Did Dan Dakitch go?  He was tweeting like crazy last night, and I have to admit I am starting to find him funny.  And wish Archie will go on his show weekly.

15 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

So, I enjoy asking questions.  Wonder why no Buckner, May....those guys?  I mean Buckner is a Trustee he should make public appearances and support events, especially when they relate to him.

I'm with Dakitch, from a fan seat, the Bob Knight thing is silly and the fraternity should respond.  Its about the fans, the players, the students who supported and help make you a brand.  I guarantee, if he won 3 Championships at Northwestern, it would not of been as hyped, etc.

Did Dan Dakitch go?  He was tweeting like crazy last night, and I have to admit I am starting to find him funny.  And wish Archie will go on his show weekly.

I could be wrong. But I think "Dandy Dan" had other commitments on Saturday.

I gave up on May, when he directed Sean away from IU.  So there is that.

As for "The Mighty Quinn".... I have no answer.  Just don't know.

16 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Pretty sure Dakich was calling the Virginia/Syracues game. Or some.other random game.

2 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Pretty sure Dakich was calling the Virginia/Syracues game. Or some.other random game.

Yes. I believe you are correct.  One thing I love about Saturdays this time of year.  Tons of college games.  I did a ton of switching from game to game, after IU's tremendous win.

And do think I heard the velvet voice of "Dandy Dan" at one time. 

31 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks!  It all still is a little silly to me especially when May and Buckner are involved in the community with their own jobs.  They were back for the 76 reunion, I beleive.....why not now?  Unless they knew about the "pretend" Knight appearance.  Also would think Downing could make a reunion considering it was scheduled in advance and Archie scheduled his team in the past.  Athletic Directors miss games all the time; however, he helped Knight with this scheme????  Conspiracy, I know....it is still so confusing to me from my perspective.  

Oh, Sean was best friends with Davis's son, helped recruit Bracey and Stickland.  All set for the three of them....and then Scott stepped in with Knights facilitating.  After Mays other son was allowed to be on the team.  Talk about ethics and loyalty.  Also, Davis never recovered from that....then again if Smith and Rothbart made it to campus....

39 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Thanks!  It all still is a little silly to me especially when May and Buckner are involved in the community with their own jobs.  They were back for the 76 reunion, I beleive.....why not now?  Unless they knew about the "pretend" Knight appearance.  Also would think Downing could make a reunion considering it was scheduled in advance and Archie scheduled his team in the past.  Athletic Directors miss games all the time; however, he helped Knight with this scheme????  Conspiracy, I know....it is still so confusing to me from my perspective.  

Oh, Sean was best friends with Davis's son, helped recruit Bracey and Stickland.  All set for the three of them....and then Scott stepped in with Knights facilitating.  After Mays other son was allowed to be on the team.  Talk about ethics and loyalty.  Also, Davis never recovered from that....then again if Smith and Rothbart made it to campus....

Good post, man. 

30 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Boy wouldn't that have made 03-05 look different.

03-04: May, Ewing, Wright, Strickland and Moye with Leach, Wilmont and Kline off the bench. Not a great team, but a hell of a lot better than we had.

04-05: May, DJ, Smith, Wright and Strickland with a bench of Ewing, Kline, Vaden, Ratliff, Wilmont and Rothbart. Oy....that hurts. We may have been UNC that year.

And who knows where things would have gone from there.

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Yes. I believe you are correct.  One thing I love about Saturdays this time of year.  Tons of college games.  I did a ton of switching from game to game, after IU's tremendous win.

And do think I heard the velvet voice of "Dandy Dan" at one time. 

I did to because here in central Indiana it rained like 3 inches so I stayed inside all day watching basketball and football.

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

Boy wouldn't that have made 03-05 look different.

03-04: May, Ewing, Wright, Strickland and Moye with Leach, Wilmont and Kline off the bench. Not a great team, but a hell of a lot better than we had.

04-05: May, DJ, Smith, Wright and Strickland with a bench of Ewing, Kline, Vaden, Ratliff, Wilmont and Rothbart. Oy....that hurts. We may have been UNC that year.

And who knows where things would have gone from there.

Wilmont one of my favorites all time.  Do you know who sat with him on his official?  Best pg in our history, I. Thomas.  Thats how you use your alumni.

Archived