Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

milehiiu

Let's take a shot at Rutgers. Pre-game thread.

First and foremost.  What in the heck are they doing in the B1G ?  Money hungry grabbers, trying to get a piece of the Big Ten Channel piece of the pie. Stealing that share from IU.

Coming off a loss to Illinois.  Illinois ?  Are you kidding me?  Losing to Illinois ?  Come on man. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder how it feels to be a Rutgers fan knowing that literally no one wants you in the Big Ten.

• Haha 6

9 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

First and foremost.  What in the heck are they doing in the B1G ?  Money hungry grabbers, trying to get a piece of the Big Ten Channel piece of the pie. Stealing that share from IU.

Coming off a loss to Illinois.  Illinois ?  Are you kidding me?  Losing to Illinois ?  Come on man. 

Actually it was the B1G who invited them to grab the east coast viewership and money.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Actually it was the B1G who invited them to grab the east coast viewership and money.

After missing out on Syrscuse? Or am I making that up?

5 minutes ago, madmax said:

I wonder how it feels to be a Rutgers fan knowing that literally no one wants you in the Big Ten.

Penn State was a reach. But accepted. Just out side of the Midwest footprint.  I will give them that. As I will accept Nebraska. But there are other schools, well within the Midwest footprint, that as far as I am concerned deserve an B1G admission over Rutgers.

• Like 3

Just now, milehiiu said:

Penn State was a reach. But accepted. Just out side of the Midwest footprint.  I will give them that. As I will accept Nebraska. But there are other schools, well within the Midwest footprint, that as far as I am concerned deserve an B1G admission over Rutgers.

Butler. Notre Dame. 

4 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

True. A major money hungry grabbing mistake.  I wonder how many Rutgers fans feel they are a part of the Big Ten Conference.

13 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

True. A major money hungry grabbing mistake.  I wonder how many Rutgers fans feel they are a part of the Big Ten Conference.

Doubtful they do. But a huge money tv market by adding them. They are the largest public university on the East if not the us. Over 50k I think

The BTN makes more money having Rutgers in it than they would having Kansas, regardless of anything else

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Don’t remember who was all on the list but the B1G really wanted the East with Rutgers and Maryland

22 minutes ago, cybergates said:

I don't think the B10 ever offered either Syracuse or Pitt, but I believe both were considered...

• Thanks 1

Rutgers is playing decent ball I think. Beating Wisconsin and Penn State. Have MSU a run for this money and thumped Nebraska. Not going to be an easy win. If we play the way we did against OSU e we should be fine. Hit our FT and 

IU 76

RU 67

23 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

Butler. Notre Dame. 

I don’t know what I think about Butler. I really don’t want another power 5 Indiana school recruiting against us

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Norte dame will never join. Too much money from NBC

Contract ends in 2025.  Monies ND gets from NBC has to be shared with ACC teams.  Should they join the BIG.  Monies from the Big Ten Channel would be shared FOR them. Exactly the reason why Rutgers joined the BIG. 

Notre Dame Collects $5.8 Million from NBC deal, but  has to share with the ACC

Get rid of Rutgers. And replace then with the Irish.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Contract ends in 2025.  Monies ND gets from NBC has to be shared with ACC teams.  Should they join the BIG.  Monies from the Big Ten Channel would be shared FOR them. Exactly the reason why Rutgers joined the BIG. 

Notre Dame Collects $5.8 Million from NBC deal, but  has to share with the ACC

Get rid of Rutgers. And replace then with the Irish.

I am behind that.  Not sure how much we get from Rutgers though in TV rights

24 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Doubtful they do. But a huge money tv market by adding them. They are the largest public university on the East if not the us. Over 50k I think

OSU and UCF are both larger, I believe.

UCF is the biggest enrollment in the country.

• Like 2