Let's take a shot at Rutgers. Pre-game thread.

First and foremost.  What in the heck are they doing in the B1G ?  Money hungry grabbers, trying to get a piece of the Big Ten Channel piece of the pie. Stealing that share from IU.

Coming off a loss to Illinois.  Illinois ?  Are you kidding me?  Losing to Illinois ?  Come on man. 

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

First and foremost.  What in the heck are they doing in the B1G ?  Money hungry grabbers, trying to get a piece of the Big Ten Channel piece of the pie. Stealing that share from IU.

Coming off a loss to Illinois.  Illinois ?  Are you kidding me?  Losing to Illinois ?  Come on man. 

Actually it was the B1G who invited them to grab the east coast viewership and money.

5 minutes ago, madmax said:

I wonder how it feels to be a Rutgers fan knowing that literally no one wants you in the Big Ten.

Penn State was a reach. But accepted. Just out side of the Midwest footprint.  I will give them that. As I will accept Nebraska. But there are other schools, well within the Midwest footprint, that as far as I am concerned deserve an B1G admission over Rutgers.

Just now, milehiiu said:

Penn State was a reach. But accepted. Just out side of the Midwest footprint.  I will give them that. As I will accept Nebraska. But there are other schools, well within the Midwest footprint, that as far as I am concerned deserve an B1G admission over Rutgers.

Butler. Notre Dame. 

11 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Norte dame will never join. Too much money from NBC

Contract ends in 2025.  Monies ND gets from NBC has to be shared with ACC teams.  Should they join the BIG.  Monies from the Big Ten Channel would be shared FOR them. Exactly the reason why Rutgers joined the BIG. 

Notre Dame Collects $5.8 Million from NBC deal, but  has to share with the ACC

Get rid of Rutgers. And replace then with the Irish.

6 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Contract ends in 2025.  Monies ND gets from NBC has to be shared with ACC teams.  Should they join the BIG.  Monies from the Big Ten Channel would be shared FOR them. Exactly the reason why Rutgers joined the BIG. 

Notre Dame Collects $5.8 Million from NBC deal, but  has to share with the ACC

Get rid of Rutgers. And replace then with the Irish.

I am behind that.  Not sure how much we get from Rutgers though in TV rights

Archived