Let's take a shot at Rutgers. Pre-game thread.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I don’t know what I think about Butler. I really don’t want another power 5 Indiana school recruiting against us

Really?  Butler doesn't have a FBS team.  You think the B1G is gonna let a non-football school in?  There is a reason the Dogs are in the Big East.

47 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Contract ends in 2025.  Monies ND gets from NBC has to be shared with ACC teams.  Should they join the BIG.  Monies from the Big Ten Channel would be shared FOR them. Exactly the reason why Rutgers joined the BIG. 

Notre Dame Collects $5.8 Million from NBC deal, but  has to share with the ACC

Get rid of Rutgers. And replace then with the Irish.

Notre Dame doesn’t share any of the 15 mil from the NBC contract, nor do they share any bowl revenue. If they joined the Big Ten they would make a lot more money than they do now, but that won’t ever happen this far down the history road. Joining the Big ten would limit ND on their National footprint and over time would resemble a regional school which ND will never go for, and that’s because of having to play so many Big ten league games. They’re never getting rid of USC, Stanford, and Navy(because without Navy back in the 40’s there would not be a Notre Dame today)because they owe Navy for their continued existence. That doesn’t leave any room for any other teams around the country, and they will never put an FCS team on the schedule. If they were ever to join a conference in full it would be the ACC because it gives them the southeast in recruiting while still being in California every year. 

8 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Got hurt at the end of the Ohio Stare game. No one knows what the injury is or the severity of it 

Hurt? Or, was he starting to feel sick? Damezi was.

If nobody knows severity or the injury, is it not at least plausible there is no such injury?

3 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

He strained something, looked like maybe his back hard to tell, and hopefully not something that would limit him in this game 

Watch at 24:34, Phinisee gets screened and grabs at his hip. He seems to play rather gingerly afterwards and is then subbed out at the next stoppage. 

Want to talk about parity and doing nothing but beating each other up? At the moment, Pomeroy's projections have 10 out of 14 B10 teams finishing between 11-9 and 9-11. The exceptions, MSU at 14-6, Maryland at 12-8, Nebraska and Northwestern at 5-15.

That's just a projection, but I'd say it falls in line with what we've seen so far this year.

Now, out of that big muddled mess, how many of those 10 teams would have 20 wins overall? Two. And here's a hint, they played each other Saturday and Gus Johnson called the game.

That would be a total of 4 B10 teams with 20 wins: MSU, Maryland, OSU and Indiana. That doesn't include the BTT, so likely another team will hit 20 but still, based on our season to date, we're not in terrible shape.

7 minutes ago, Bob said:

I seen him come out of the game late and I thought he asked to come out! He came off with a look that he tweaked something. Hoping it is minor! 

It was reported earlier in the year that Rob had a "lower abdominal" injury. There was some conjecture that it was a "sports hernia."

"A sports hernia is a strain or tear of any soft tissue (muscle, tendon, ligament) in the lower abdomen or groin area."

May still be an issue. If they go the surgical route, it's a 6-12 week recovery period...

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

It was reported earlier in the year that Rob had a "lower abdominal" injury. There was some conjecture that it was a "sports hernia."

"A sports hernia is a strain or tear of any soft tissue (muscle, tendon, ligament) in the lower abdomen or groin area."

May still be an issue. If they go the surgical route, it's a 6-12 week recovery period...

For Rob, I can imagine it'd be more towards the 6 week end of the spectrum.  I had an extremely small hernia repaired a few years ago and it seemed like it was in the 8-9 week mark before I was back to normal.  With Rob being 15-20 years younger and in infinitely better shape, it would hopefully be on the shorter timeline.  Still would end his season either way. 

43 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

[Gasp] Is that a ray of sunshine poking through the clouds?

We’d played great Saturday minus the FT shooting.  But did we against FSU as well and then followed it up with a few clunkers.  I’m curious to see if we can keep it up.  But this Rutgers team is much better than usual and the road in B1G is absolutely brutal.

10 hours ago, Milosh68 said:

Notre Dame doesn’t share any of the 15 mil from the NBC contract, nor do they share any bowl revenue. If they joined the Big Ten they would make a lot more money than they do now, but that won’t ever happen this far down the history road. Joining the Big ten would limit ND on their National footprint and over time would resemble a regional school which ND will never go for, and that’s because of having to play so many Big ten league games. They’re never getting rid of USC, Stanford, and Navy(because without Navy back in the 40’s there would not be a Notre Dame today)because they owe Navy for their continued existence. That doesn’t leave any room for any other teams around the country, and they will never put an FCS team on the schedule. If they were ever to join a conference in full it would be the ACC because it gives them the southeast in recruiting while still being in California every year. 

ND gets $7.9 mill from the  ACC. Long standing  B1G schools get $54 mill from the Big Ten.  You are correct. But,  ND  eventually would stand to get more if they were in the Big Ten.

ACC revenue reaches $465 million but distributions lag behind other power conferences - CollegeFootballTalk | NBC Sports

I guess Geo Baker is going to be out against us on Wednesday. He's a good player, but very streaky. Can kill the opponents, but can also kill the Scarlet Knights as well.

They've been getting decent guard play out of Jacob Young and Caleb McConnell in Baker's absence. 

They have big guards. Our 3 big lineup will get put to the test. Brunk will guard Myles Johnson, but my guess is Smith on Ron Harper Jr, and TJD on Yeboah. 

McConnell will be the tough matchup for us. He's a 6-7 guard. Might get Hunter some more minutes...

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I guess Geo Baker is going to be out against us on Wednesday. He's a good player, but very streaky. Can kill the opponents, but can also kill the Scarlet Knights as well.

They've been getting decent guard play out of Jacob Young and Caleb McConnell in Baker's absence. 

They have big guards. Our 3 big lineup will get put to the test. Brunk will guard Myles Johnson, but my guess is Smith on Ron Harper Jr, and TJD on Yeboah. 

McConnell will be the tough matchup for us. He's a 6-7 guard. Might get Hunter some more minutes...

He had a good outing against OSU. It might time for a breakout evening.

Archived