Lifelong IU fan attends 1st game

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

Not to change topics (like that's ever stopped me before....) but I think Miracle belongs in that conversation also.

That’s a good one..but the Indiana connections with both Hoosiers and Rudy push them to the top for me. Hoosiers always will be my #1..I will watch it every time I see it on..and with the feeling of like I have never seen it before..😂

3 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

That’s a good one..but the Indiana connections with both Hoosiers and Rudy push them to the top for me. Hoosiers always will be my #1..I will watch it every time I see it on..and with the feeling of like I have never seen it before..😂

A great score too. The music gives me chills. Interestingly it got an Oscar nomination for the Music Score...along with Dennis Hopper for his supporting role.

Assembly Hall was under construction when I was a student.  Saw it going up.  Completed while I was serving our great country in the Army, during the Vietnam War.  Had an opportunity one summer to visit.  My son and I were able to find one open door.  We ceased upon the opportunity.  Fully well expecting to get told to get out.  No one there. We looked around.  It was amazing.   Never been there for a game. Keep telling myself.... someday.

Maybe. Just maybe when I reach 76, I will be able to share what he experienced. 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Assembly Hall was under construction when I was a student.  Saw it going up.  Completed while I was serving our great country in the Army, during the Vietnam War.  Had an opportunity one summer to visit.  My son and I were able to find one open door.  We ceased upon the opportunity.  Fully well expecting to get told to get out.  No one there. We looked around.  It was amazing.   Never been there for a game. Keep telling myself.... someday.

Thank you for you service and sacrifice my friend!

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Well, we both know that tickets are not an obstacle - removed that long ago for basketball and football. Offer still good after all these years - What are you waiting for?

Archived